"Knockout Game" hits another victim in D.C.

Softail

Reaction score
Game? :waitasec: This is disturbing. They don't even steal anything, just find it funny. :eek:

"Knockout Game" hits another victim in D.C.

WASHINGTON (WJLA) - Phoebe Connolly says she had no idea what was coming when she biked through a group of teens in Columbia Heights.

"Knockout Game" targets unsuspecting victims, trending on YouTube

"My whole head went flying to the side," she explains. "It was a hard punch.
One kid came from the side and pretty much cut me off."

"He just like threw a hook with his left hand, and just got me right in the face," she continues. "And he said 'wa-pow' as he hit me in the face."

Phoebe says she was able to pedal away, but was left sore and with a bloody nose. Otherwise, she is okay.

Read more: http://www.wjla.com/articles/2013/1...other-victim-in-d-c--96981.html#ixzz2l1O9Qoxx
Follow us: @ABC7News on Twitter | WJLATV on Facebook

Potentially Fatal ‘Knockout’ Game Targeting Strangers May Be Spreading

WASHINGTON (CBSDC) – A terrifying new ‘game’ that’s already caused deaths in Syracuse, St. Louis and New Jersey is sweeping the nation, and it preys upon unsuspecting people walking the streets, anywhere.

A recent report from New York-based CBS 2 shed light on the growing trend, displaying unsettling footage of teens participating in this game – which goes by the name ‘Knockout’ – and involves randomly targeting passersby, with the ultimate goal being to knock them out with one punch as they walk by.

http://washington.cbslocal.com/2013...-targeting-strangers-may-be-spreading-to-d-c/

Potentially Fatal ‘Knockout’ Game Targeting Strangers May Be Spreading

WASHINGTON (CBSDC) – A terrifying new ‘game’ that’s already caused deaths in Syracuse, St. Louis and New Jersey is sweeping the nation, and it preys upon unsuspecting people walking the streets, anywhere.

A recent report from New York-based CBS 2 shed light on the growing trend, displaying unsettling footage of teens participating in this game – which goes by the name ‘Knockout’ – and involves randomly targeting passersby, with the ultimate goal being to knock them out with one punch as they walk by.

http://washington.cbslocal.com/2013...-targeting-strangers-may-be-spreading-to-d-c/

I won't click on the link, but I've read FB posts about this exact same event and it's all over youtube.

Find the offenders, and their parents, put the kids in juvenile detention and fine the parents 100% of any medical costs and $5000 per episode as "resitution" on society for having to deal with these thugs.

I am so sick of these kinds of acts...what the HELL is wrong with people.

FURIOUS doesn't even begin to describe how I feel right now.

I know this is HORRIBLE to say, but just ONE of these times I hope that they jump the wrong person and those kids demise ends up on video - because honestly THAT is what's coming and then their parents will be on TV crying it out because their "baby" was just being a stupid kid and ended up dead and SOMEONE is going to pay for this.

ZERO sympathy for those parents. ZERO.
:banghead:

Carry a gun people if you are old enough and legally trained. This chit has to stop/

Carry a gun people if you are old enough and legally trained. This chit has to stop/

You took the words out of my mouth.

A few of these dead on the sidewalk will probably send a message.

Last edited by a moderator:
This is disturbing, but why is it being treated differently than other violent crime? They can only think of a few instances of this game, whereas you could think of thousands of examples of other crimes. <modsnip>

I won't click on the link, but I've read FB posts about this exact same event and it's all over youtube.

Find the offenders, and their parents, put the kids in juvenile detention and fine the parents 100% of any medical costs and $5000 per episode as "resitution" on society for having to deal with these thugs.

I am so sick of these kinds of acts...what the HELL is wrong with people.

FURIOUS doesn't even begin to describe how I feel right now.

I know this is HORRIBLE to say, but just ONE of these times I hope that they jump the wrong person and those kids demise ends up on video - because honestly THAT is what's coming and then their parents will be on TV crying it out because their "baby" was just being a stupid kid and ended up dead and SOMEONE is going to pay for this.

ZERO sympathy for those parents. ZERO.
:banghead:

I'm right with you on your entire post. There is at least one case where the person who was "knocked out" died. It then becomes murder for "fun". :notgood: The idiot was caught and is spending 55 years in prison. I'm sure there will be others.

So dumb and senseless! :banghead:

This is disturbing, but why is it being treated differently than other violent crime? They can only think of a few instances of this game, whereas you could think of thousands of examples of other crimes.<modsnip>

<modsnip>

The fact that 1, they video tape it and post it on a public forum...and 2, because they are doing it for sheer joy makes it much worse for me. I think children being murdered is horrific as well...but MOST times it's done by a parent or close family member and there seems to be some sort of sick motive behind it. :( Not that it's ANY better or comforting but I can at least make attributes as to why.

There is nothing but sheer entertainment and ignorance being displayed with these acts.

This is disturbing, but why is it being treated differently than other violent crime? They can only think of a few instances of this game, whereas you could think of thousands of examples of other crimes.

Huh? This has been going on all over for a few years now! Lots of incidents in Texas and in many other cities. France actually made it ILLEGAL to post videos of the "knock out games" in order to discourage them. A 60+ year old man was knocked out dead in front his 4 year old grandchild on the street in London. There have also been several deaths in the US.

In many cases the victims are men and they will NOT report it OR the police just tell them "happens a lot and nothing we can do to catch the guys". I believe there were at LEAST 100 reported incidents in St. Louis alone but hey the national media doesn't have an interest in making a big deal out of those stories. The perpetrators are virtually always large groups of teens who then target lone individuals that do NOT look like them. If one of two poor teens got attacked like that on the street it would lead to national hysteria! But when that sort of teen violence is running rampant the news media decides not to discuss it in polite society.

<modsnip>

The fact that 1, they video tape it and post it on a public forum...and 2, because they are doing it for sheer joy makes it much worse for me. I think children being murdered is horrific as well...but MOST times it's done by a parent or close family member and there seems to be some sort of sick motive behind it. :( Not that it's ANY better or comforting but I can at least make attributes as to why.

There is nothing but sheer entertainment and ignorance being displayed with these acts.

I agree with you that it is a despicable crime, and that cases where people are randomly targeted are more scary than ones where they knew their killer. <modsnip> I found other articles on that news websites about little kids being murdered, and they have 0 comments, not 9000+....

I'm usually all for the armed defense, but in this instance, they come out of nowhere and you don't even have time to react. I watched some videos and it's terrifying. They will come behind a person and hit them in the neck causing them to immediately be knocked out. It's horrific. :banghead:

This is disturbing, but why is it being treated differently than other violent crime? They can only think of a few instances of this game, whereas you could think of thousands of examples of other crimes. <modsnip>

Probably because these are our nation's youths doing this, with no motive other than "humor," and they're calling it a game.

It's not like a "normal" crime of assault or murder where there was some other motive, however unreasonable/scary. This is a random act of violence, done for nothing more than a laugh at someone else's expense, which can end up with tragic results, and so far, there has been very little in the way of justice. I haven't seen any arrests or even any suspects, because it's widespread and happens SO fast.

Huh? This has been going on all over for a few years now! Lots of incidents in Texas and in many other cities. France actually made it ILLEGAL to post videos of the "knock out games" in order to discourage them. A 60+ year old man was knocked out dead in front his 4 year old grandchild on the street in London. There have also been several deaths in the US.

In many cases the victims are men and they will NOT report it OR the police just tell them "happens a lot and nothing we can do to catch the guys". I believe there were at LEAST 100 reported incidents in St. Louis alone but hey the national media doesn't have an interest in making a big deal out of those stories. The perpetrators are virtually always large groups of teens who then target lone individuals that do NOT look like them. If one of two poor teens got attacked like that on the street it would lead to national hysteria! But when that sort of teen violence is running rampant the news media decides not to discuss it in polite society.

There are thousands of vicious crimes happening every day in this country, and most don't make national news. I am not sure why assaults, where many victims don't even report it, should be a huge national story?

ETA: <modsnip>, it's more likely that it's due to both the perpetrators and victims both being males, and most crimes we hear about involve females as victims, and the location of where it is happening, which seems to be poor, high-crime areas.

There are thousands of vicious crimes happening every day in this country, and most don't make national news. I am not sure why assaults, where many victims don't even report it, should be a huge national story?

Public awareness that it is happening randomly and to literally anybody?

<modsnip - quoted post was removed> I think it has to do with each child's upbringing, period. Children are born innocent, blank slates.

Everything they learn/experience in their upbringing guides a child to the human being they become. Parental behavior and also the choices these parents make for their children as well as their dicipline, level of respect expected, educational experiences etc. all attribute to whether each and every child born will be a menace or a contribution to society.

It is each childs experiences growing up that leads them to who they become -and that outcome falls directly on the parents of these children, regardless of the color of their skin.

:twocents:

LOL, thanks to Kimster and NurseBeeme for a loving reminder posted in humorous terms.

I have seen videos posted with thugs of both races doing this so. Even if it is Buddha and Mother Theresa were doing it, it is an ugly, mean and violent thing. It is potentially deadly, incredibly damaging and should be charged as attempted murder.

There are people who die from this and others who will be brain damaged, emotionally traumatized (PTSD type issues) and will face medical and financial problems because of this. There is NO excuse for it and it enrages me.

As for posting the videos online... In some ways I think it should be illegal because these thugs do get a thrill out of posting them and sharing them.
But then on the other hand, how nice that they are stupid enough to post their own crimes. Pretty hard for them to deny their actions when it has been captured on video, along with their peers who are be them cheering it on.

Ugh, is there NO end to the new ways that evil creatures can find to assault and injure people? Shame on anyone who finds this amusing, funny or admirable. What the heck has our world come to when people do things like this and proudly show others the evil that they have done?

This type of thing happened to my husband about 30yrs ago. He lived off campus, walking home from local store @ 7pm group of teens walk pass one of them punched him in the stomach and they ran off. Happened so fast he could not describe them clear enough to police. This was in a good area of town. Evil don't see color nor does it take a day off. Jmo

Ciao

Wow. Fantastic. Assault for fun. *rolls eyes*

I will never understand how seeing someone scared or in pain could be something to laugh about. They may be kids, but they're going to grow up into nasty thugs.

This is disturbing, but why is it being treated differently than other violent crime? They can only think of a few instances of this game, whereas you could think of thousands of examples of other crimes. I read comments under the article (looks like a meeting of Stormfront posters) and while I agree that is horrific, the level of outrage is way beyond what you would see for any other crime. I wish people got that angry about missing/murdered children, but since most of their killers are white males, that's not going to happen. :/

with all due respect, you are NOT speaking for me. I'm an old white lady and I have seen a LOT and I totally disdain racism by ANYONE of ANY COLOR OR CREED!
What chilled my soul about this (I couldn't even tell the race of the people involved when I saw it) is that I was immediately reminded of pictures , movies from Nazi Germany and the WHITE "soldiers" nonchalantly harming innocent people , even laughing, seemingly enjoying watching them "squirm" and / or die.
Too bad we are not past the point of seeing EVERYTHING through the prism of race (all of us included) ; we might get somewhere.
I know this will be deleted but just had to write it..I was so very sad about this.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong
Back