591 users online (65 members and 526 guests)  

Websleuths News

UK - Defense may challenge client Joanna Dennehy's pleas to serial killer charges

Woman, 31, admits to being a serial killer, stuns court by pleading guilty to murdering three men and dumping their bodies in ditches
    A woman today admitted she was a serial killer by pleading guilty to murdering three men before dumping their bodies in ditches.

Joanna Dennehy admitted killing Kevin Lee, 48, Lukasz Slaboszewski, 31, and John Chapman, 56, who were found with multiple stab wounds between March and April in Cambridgeshire.
    ---
    The pleas appeared to surprise her defence barrister Nigel Lickley QC, who told the court: 'The course is not one I had anticipated. We ask for more time given what has just occurred.'

Dennehy, 31, who sat in the dock of court, said she did not want to talk to anyone and added: 'I have pleaded guilty and that's it.'
    ---
    Dennehy - who was detained under the Mental Health Act when arrested in April - later returned to court to object to her lawyers being given more time to check her guilty pleas.
    ---
    the rest, with pictures, at DM link above

From Wfgodot's link above
    "The 31-year-old from Peterborough also pleaded guilty today at the Old Bailey in Central London to the attempted murders of another two men, Robin Bereza and John Rogers.
    Property developer Mr Lee's body was found in a ditch in Newborough, Cambridgeshire, on March 30, and her other two victims were discovered nearby at Thorney Dyke.
    The pleas appeared to surprise her defence barrister Nigel Lickley QC, who told the court: 'The course is not one I had anticipated. We ask for more time given what has just occurred.'
    Dennehy, who sat in the dock of court, said she did not want to talk to anyone and added: 'I have pleaded guilty and that's it.'"
    England's dancing days are done...

I think her sudden pleas may be in attempt to aid her suspected cohorts:
    Her partner, [the Dickensian-sounding] 7ft 3in tall Gary Stretch, 57, denied the two attempted murders and helping Dennehy to dump the bodies.

Leslie Layton, 47, and Robert Moore, 55, have previously denied helping to cover up the alleged murders and harbouring Stretch and Dennehy when they were wanted by police.
    and also see:

Female serial killer admits three murders. (Telegraph)

Joanna Dennehy: Female serial killer stuns Old Bailey by admitting three murders. (Mirror)

Joanna Dennehy stuns Old Bailey by pleading guilty to murdering three men and dumping their bodies in remote ditches. (Independent)

This has the potential to be an interesting case. However, I've seen very little background information on Joanna Dennehy, who is being described in the media as a female serial killer. Have I missed something? Anyone seen any background information on this woman? She supposedly was an accountant, which I saw from her Facebook page. Any direction to background on her will be appreciated. Thank you.

New details have emerged in the case of a British woman who admitted to a triple killing last year.

Joanna Dennehy, 31, pleaded guilty in November to murdering three men by stabbing them in the heart and dumping their bodies in ditches in Cambridgeshire.

Her alleged accomplices, Leslie Layton, 36, and 7-foot-2-inch Gary "Stretch" Richards, 47, are now on trial. Providing evidence against them, Dennehy's friend Georgina Page described how the confessed killer likened herself and Richards to Bonnie and Clyde, and "jumped around like a schoolgirl" when she learned of news reports about the murders, according to the BBC.

New photos of Dennehy, Richards and Layton, which portray the confessed killer and her alleged accomplices in various poses, were shown in court Monday.

(Story continues below)
    http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/0...usaolp00000009
    The world is full of monsters with friendly faces and angels full of scars. ~ Unknown

It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~ Aristotle

The difference between fiction and reality? Fiction has to make sense.

Off she goes forever, shouting abuse and laughing, still trying to draw attention to herself when nobody outside cares about her anymore, and nobody will be impressed where she's going either. I think this one should be forgotten as soon as possible, because that's exactly what she fears the most.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...e-murders.html

Whole life term, by the way. She's never getting out.
    We 'embraced' the missing Bob Harrod case as requested but 6 years on, are still waiting for further guidance

Flyers/FB/Case Overview&Media Links
    http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...2009-19/page22

Oh, and accomplices:

Gary Stretch - life, minimum 19 years
    Leslie Layton - 14 years ( so out in 7?)
    Robert Moore - three years ( for sheltering her while she was on the run)
    We 'embraced' the missing Bob Harrod case as requested but 6 years on, are still waiting for further guidance

I live in the UK and some how totally missed all this until today. Weird.

"I've murdered three men but it could be worse, I could be fat"

A Chief Browning who led the case just gave an interview on BBC radio 4 saying Dennehy had a lot of contact with mental health services but always refused to participate.

He added that she was cool and calm in custody but officers "haven't had the luxury of anything cogent from her......she's kept her silence".

Dennehy is one of only three women in the history of the UK to receive a whole life term. The other two are Rosemary West and Myra Hindley (deceased).

*Unfortunately, with that comment above Dennehy has managed to achieve the infamy she so desperately sought, in my opinion.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news...rdered-3194448
    Attached Images Attached Images

disturbed and depraved

Quote Originally Posted by wfgodot View Post
    Something I find truly astonishing from that is that she still has quite a number of facebook friends .. which means that they, in turn, still have her on their own friends list. I can't imagine why anyone would want to keep a serial killer on their friends list?? Maybe they don't see or read the news and are totally unaware?

A woman who was given a whole-life sentence for murdering three men and stabbing two others has lost her high court claim that she is entitled to damages for human rights violations after being placed in solitary confinement.

[...]

But Mr Justice Singh, sitting in London, ruled that her segregation since then had been “in accordance with law” and “at all material times it has been necessary and proportionate”.

[...]

Ministry of Justice barrister Tom Weisselberg QC told the high court: “Dennehy was segregated because a credible escape plan involving her and two other prisoners had been uncovered.

“A written plan was located in her cell with detailed plans involving killing a female officer to obtain her keys and to utilise her fingerprints in order to deceive the biometric systems. She was placed on the escape list, which involved the wearing of an escape suit.”

http://www.theguardian.com/law/2016/...ry-confinement