UK UK - Defense may challenge client Joanna Dennehy's pleas to serial killer charges

wfgodot

Former Member
Reaction score
Woman, 31, admits to being a serial killer, stuns court by pleading guilty to murdering three men and dumping their bodies in ditches
A woman today admitted she was a serial killer by pleading guilty to murdering three men before dumping their bodies in ditches.

Joanna Dennehy admitted killing Kevin Lee, 48, Lukasz Slaboszewski, 31, and John Chapman, 56, who were found with multiple stab wounds between March and April in Cambridgeshire.
---
The pleas appeared to surprise her defence barrister Nigel Lickley QC, who told the court: 'The course is not one I had anticipated. We ask for more time given what has just occurred.'

Dennehy, 31, who sat in the dock of court, said she did not want to talk to anyone and added: 'I have pleaded guilty and that's it.'
---
Dennehy - who was detained under the Mental Health Act when arrested in April - later returned to court to object to her lawyers being given more time to check her guilty pleas.
---
the rest, with pictures, at DM link above

From Wfgodot's link above
"The 31-year-old from Peterborough also pleaded guilty today at the Old Bailey in Central London to the attempted murders of another two men, Robin Bereza and John Rogers.
Property developer Mr Lee's body was found in a ditch in Newborough, Cambridgeshire, on March 30, and her other two victims were discovered nearby at Thorney Dyke.
The pleas appeared to surprise her defence barrister Nigel Lickley QC, who told the court: 'The course is not one I had anticipated. We ask for more time given what has just occurred.'
Dennehy, who sat in the dock of court, said she did not want to talk to anyone and added: 'I have pleaded guilty and that's it.'"

I think her sudden pleas may be in attempt to aid her suspected cohorts:
Her partner, [the Dickensian-sounding] 7ft 3in tall Gary Stretch, 57, denied the two attempted murders and helping Dennehy to dump the bodies.

Leslie Layton, 47, and Robert Moore, 55, have previously denied helping to cover up the alleged murders and harbouring Stretch and Dennehy when they were wanted by police.
and also see:

Female serial killer admits three murders. (Telegraph)

Joanna Dennehy: Female serial killer stuns Old Bailey by admitting three murders. (Mirror)

Joanna Dennehy stuns Old Bailey by pleading guilty to murdering three men and dumping their bodies in remote ditches. (Independent)

This has the potential to be an interesting case. However, I've seen very little background information on Joanna Dennehy, who is being described in the media as a female serial killer. Have I missed something? Anyone seen any background information on this woman? She supposedly was an accountant, which I saw from her Facebook page. Any direction to background on her will be appreciated. Thank you.

New details have emerged in the case of a British woman who admitted to a triple killing last year.

Joanna Dennehy, 31, pleaded guilty in November to murdering three men by stabbing them in the heart and dumping their bodies in ditches in Cambridgeshire.

Her alleged accomplices, Leslie Layton, 36, and 7-foot-2-inch Gary "Stretch" Richards, 47, are now on trial. Providing evidence against them, Dennehy's friend Georgina Page described how the confessed killer likened herself and Richards to Bonnie and Clyde, and "jumped around like a schoolgirl" when she learned of news reports about the murders, according to the BBC.

New photos of Dennehy, Richards and Layton, which portray the confessed killer and her alleged accomplices in various poses, were shown in court Monday.

(Story continues below)

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/...ller_n_4637300.html?ncid=edlinkusaolp00000009

Off she goes forever, shouting abuse and laughing, still trying to draw attention to herself when nobody outside cares about her anymore, and nobody will be impressed where she's going either. I think this one should be forgotten as soon as possible, because that's exactly what she fears the most.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...rs-court-sentenced-series-savage-murders.html

Whole life term, by the way. She's never getting out.

Oh, and accomplices:

Gary Stretch - life, minimum 19 years
Leslie Layton - 14 years ( so out in 7?)
Robert Moore - three years ( for sheltering her while she was on the run)

"I've murdered three men but it could be worse, I could be fat"

A Chief Browning who led the case just gave an interview on BBC radio 4 saying Dennehy had a lot of contact with mental health services but always refused to participate.

He added that she was cool and calm in custody but officers "haven't had the luxury of anything cogent from her......she's kept her silence".

Dennehy is one of only three women in the history of the UK to receive a whole life term. The other two are Rosemary West and Myra Hindley (deceased).

*Unfortunately, with that comment above Dennehy has managed to achieve the infamy she so desperately sought, in my opinion.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/serial-killer-joanna-dennehy-murdered-3194448

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    105.4 KB · Views: 18
disturbed and depraved

Something I find truly astonishing from that is that she still has quite a number of facebook friends .. which means that they, in turn, still have her on their own friends list. I can't imagine why anyone would want to keep a serial killer on their friends list?? Maybe they don't see or read the news and are totally unaware?

A woman who was given a whole-life sentence for murdering three men and stabbing two others has lost her high court claim that she is entitled to damages for human rights violations after being placed in solitary confinement.

[...]

But Mr Justice Singh, sitting in London, ruled that her segregation since then had been “in accordance with law” and “at all material times it has been necessary and proportionate”.

[...]

Ministry of Justice barrister Tom Weisselberg QC told the high court: “Dennehy was segregated because a credible escape plan involving her and two other prisoners had been uncovered.

“A written plan was located in her cell with detailed plans involving killing a female officer to obtain her keys and to utilise her fingerprints in order to deceive the biometric systems. She was placed on the escape list, which involved the wearing of an escape suit.”

http://www.theguardian.com/law/2016...r-rights-violations-over-solitary-confinement

'Pure evil' serial killer Joanna Dennehy 'threatened to kill Rose West' within minutes of arriving at same prison as House of Horrors murderer 'in a bid to assert herself as top dog'

28 May 2018

"...Dennehy, 35, and West, 64, only women in Britain serving whole life sentences...

Britain's most dangerous female prisoner Joanna Dennehy threatened to kill Rose West within minutes of arriving in the same jail forcing her into solitary confinement and then another prison, it was revealed today.

Triple murderer Dennehy, 35, and West, 64, who murdered at least ten with husband Fred, are the only two women in British jails serving whole life sentences since the death of Myra Hindley in 2002.

Dennehy killed three men and tried to murder at least two more claiming it was 'moreish' and 'fun'.

...staff at HMP Bronzefield in Surrey were so worried she would murder West that the 64-year-old was put into solitary confinement within minutes and then moved to another prison the next morning...."

Serial killer Joanna Dennehy 'threatened to kill Rose West' | Daily Mail Online
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

'Pure evil' serial killer Joanna Dennehy 'has formed a close friendship with Adams crime family matriarch'

"Joanna Dennehy murdered three men on 10-day spree and stabbed two others

She was given a whole life sentence and is currently at HMP Bronzefield, Surrey

Pictures show Connie Adams visiting her after they met there three years ago...

Branded 'pure evil' by criminology experts, she said she committed the murders because it was 'moreish and fun', and is one of just two female prisoners serving a whole life term in the UK.

She met Connie Adams, wife of London gangster Patsy, three years ago when they were behind bars together at HMP Bronzefield in Surrey, reports The Sun.

Adams, 58, was locked up on remand after being accused of taking part in the shooting of Paul Tieran alongside her husband, 62...."

Serial killer Joanna Dennehy 'friends with Patsy Adams' wife Connie' | Daily Mail Online
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Serial killer Joanna Dennehy in legal fight to get married in jail - and wants taxpayers to pay for it

13 OCT 2018

"Serial killer Joanna Dennehy is planning a legal fight to keep in regular close contact with her prison lover – and wants the taxpayer to foot the bill.

The 35-year-old monster is thought to have contacted solicitors over plans to marry another female inmate.

Dennehy is in a segregation unit at Category A HMP Bronzefield after a dramatic suicide attempt.

Now governors are considering moving her to a psychiatric unit.

And if that goes ahead her fiancée could be allowed three visits to see her every year – at the taxpayer’s expense....

Prisoners have the right to marry under the European Convention on Human Rights – but under the Marriage Act 1983, they must first apply to the prison governor for permission...."

Serial killer's fight to marry her girlfriend in jail - paid for by taxpayers
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Serial killer Joanna Dennehy warning over lesbian jail wedding: 'There will be blood'

10th January 2019

"Triple murderer Dennehy proposed to street robber Hayley Palmer, 36, after they fell in love behind bars, but Palmer’s heartbroken sister has warned pleaded with authorities to not let the wedding happen.

Hayley’s sister Michelle has demanded the prison governor call off their marriage, warning “if they get wed, there will be blood on your hands”....

Michelle, 37, learned of their wedding plans when Hayley wrote to her recently from prison saying was in love with the murderer who "protected" her.

She added: "I can and do trust her with my life."

But Michelle wants the wedding stopped to keep her sister away from the triple murderer.

She told The Sun: “I want to know how the governor can go to sleep at night if the wedding goes ahead.

"He’s going to go to hell if he allows this marriage to happen. They have allowed a toxic relationship to happen.

“They shouldn’t let people like this get together. Joanna is a psychopath. It’s not right and I’m really worried for my sister’s safety.”...."

Serial killer Joanna Dennehy warning over lesbian jail wedding: 'There will be blood'
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Serial killer Joanna Dennehy's ex says he 'dreads to think' what could have happened to their two daughters if he'd stayed with her - and feels 'no punishment' is enough for her crimes

9 April 2019

"John Treanor, 42, of Glossop, Derbyshire, left Dennehy in 2009 after 12 years
Was in complete shock in 2013 when he discovered she'd killed three men
Admits thinking about his murderous ex makes him 'shake with fear and anger'
Says he's glad he got his two daughters, aged 13 and 19, away from their mother
Eldest has refused counselling as 'she knows she won't turn out like Dennehy'...

Dennehy has continued to make headlines while in prison at HMP Bronzefield in Surrey. In August last year she allegedly tried to kill herself after making a suicide pact with her lesbian lover.

In October she launched a legal bid to marry her lover in prison – and wants taxpayer cash to fund it."

Joanna Dennehy's ex 'dreads to think' what could have happened to their daughters if he hadn't left | Daily Mail Online

Serial killer Joanna Dennehy is still trying to snare men from her cell

19 Apr 2019

"Serial killer Joanna Dennehy is facing a life behind bars for killing three men but that hasn’t stopped her trying to manipulate more victims. A new ITV documentary reveals Dennehy has emotionally snared more men with handwritten letters sent from her cell at HMP Bronzefield in Surrey. One of her male admirers has even proposed to her, the show’s host Susanna Reid revealed...."

Serial killer Joanna Dennehy is still trying to snare men from her cell | Metro News
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

'I found out from the internet that my mum was a triple murderer': Daughter, 19, of Joanna Dennehy apologises to man-hating serial killer's victims as she reveals her hope that her mother dies in jail after stabbing three men to death

28 April 2019

"Shianne Treanor said she wanted answers from her mother about the killings

She visited her at HMP Bronzefield in Surrey and had been nervous to see her

The 19-year-old told her mother she had missed her and they both cried

Shianne has vowed that she wont 'turn out' like her mother and that she is her own person ..."

Daughter of Joanna Dennehy reveals how her loving mum turned into a man-hating serial killer | Daily Mail Online

Rose West gets prison move after triple murderer threatens to kill her
EXCLUSIVE: Rose West's cushy prison regime is over after psycho stabber Joanna Dennehy moved into top-security Low Newton jail and threatened to kill her

21 JUL 2019

"...House of Horrors fiend West burst into tears as prison chiefs packed up her belongings for a secret transfer after psycho stabber Joanna Dennehy was moved to the same jail.

Insiders at top-security Low Newton where West, 65, has been held for more than ten years say she was gutted to lose her easy life.

But jail bosses feared Dennehy – who enjoyed stabbing three men to death – would carry out a similar attack on West after saying: “I’ll kill that b****.”..."

Rose West gets prison move after triple murderer threatens to kill her
---

UK - UK - FRED and ROSEMARY WEST

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members