1423 users online (265 members and 1158 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 69 1 2 3 11 51 ... LastLast

OK - Jamison Family; Truck, IDs and Dog Found Abandoned, 8 Oct 2009 - #11

Found remains could belong to missing Okla. family
    By KRISTI EATON, Associated Press | November 18, 2013 | Updated: November 18, 2013 3:40pm

While it's not yet definitive that the remains are his nephew and his family, all evidence points to it being them, said Jack Jamison, who was contacted by the FBI about the discovery. He said he had no hope the family was still alive four years later, and he believed that foul play had to be involved.
    Paradise Lost: Bobby Sherilynn Jamison
    On October 17, 2009, Bobby and Sherilyn Jamison's truck is found abandoned on a dirt road in Oklahoma's remote San Bois Mountains. They and their 6-year-old daughter Madyson are nowhere to be found. Along with the Jamisons' coats, wallets, GPS device, and cell phones, investigators find the family dog in the truck, barely clinging to life. They are stunned to discover a bank bag hidden in the truck that contains $32,000 in cash.
    http://investigation.discovery.com/t...n-jamison.html
    NCMEC Poster - http://www.missingkids.com/missingki...archLang=en_US

Previous threads:

Last edited by KateB; 05-13-2015 at 06:53 PM. Reason: repair url tags.
    PODCAST ROW

WEBSLEUTHS ON FACEBOOK

"Foul play not suspected"

What does everyone think of this statement in an article that came out 25 minutes ago? (BBM)

The Oklahoma Bureau of Investigation says investigators don't believe foul play was involved in the deaths of three people whose remains were found in Latimer County over the weekend.
    http://www.newson6.com/story/24002465/osbi-say
    Some people do crossword puzzles or Soduko in their spare time...I look at skeletal reconstructions and work on UID puzzles. I swear I'm not this morbid in person!

Help Fred Murray find his daughter and bring her home. He should not be walking those woods alone!
    What Happened to Maura Murray? http://www.mauramurraymissing.com

Question

Quote Originally Posted by HauntsForHope View Post
    "Because of the strange events surrounding the disappearance, lack of evidence, and (what’s viewed as) secretiveness about certain aspects about the case, some people have drawn the conclusion this is a double murder/suicide. However, just as many others have concluded the Jamisons are now a part of the federal witness protection program or because of their alleged fascination with death just before going missing, suspect they may have fallen prey to Satanic cults residing in hidden lairs in the Oklahoma mountains."

http://truecrimezine.com/missing-jamison-family/
    This is my question, snipped>

The Jamisons planned to leave their nice lakeside home and buy a plot of land in the mountains and live in metal shipping containers. They wanted to get away from it all. But why? They had a beautiful home. They had several time shares around the US and Mexico. The had newer vehicles and lived well above their means of social security disablilty."

http://keepthesearchalive.wordpress....amison-family/

Neither worked, both on disability. Where did the $$ come from? $32,000 cash? Late model cars? Lakeside home?

Quote Originally Posted by Kaliste View Post
    I haven't followed this case closely but have gone through and read as much as I can in the past 2 days. It seems Mr and Mrs Jamison were both very unwell. Both physically and mentally. I've seen rumors here of meth use (was that confirmed? Did one or both have an actual drug problem?). Honestly, from what ive read about them in this thread alone I'm shocked they had custody of their child! That poor girl.
    No evidence of drug use was ever found.

Quote Originally Posted by future criminologist View Post
    What does everyone think of this statement in an article that came out 25 minutes ago? (BBM)

Sadly it sounds like maybe they got lost and died of exposure. I mean a murder suicide would still be foul play right?
    Zahra
    Hear The Children

Quote Originally Posted by BunnyHop View Post
    This is my question, snipped>

The Jamisons planned to leave their nice lakeside home and buy a plot of land in the mountains and live in metal shipping containers. They wanted to get away from it all. But why? They had a beautiful home. They had several time shares around the US and Mexico. The had newer vehicles and lived well above their means of social security disablilty."

http://keepthesearchalive.wordpress....amison-family/

Neither worked, both on disability. Where did the $$ come from? $32,000 cash? Late model cars? Lakeside home?
    Is it known weather the family received a settlement from the car accident? And/or back pay from disability?

Quote Originally Posted by Equinista View Post
    Is it known weather the family received a settlement from the car accident? And/or back pay from disability?
    I'm curious if the tote seen taken with them on the video was that recovered near the bodies. That'll be an indicator of foul play if it is missing. I suppose wild life could have hauled it off but how far could it have gone?

Due to the terrain and the distance (see mtrooper's earlier posts on the matter) I'm doubting exposure or murder-suicide. Yet the latter would be my pick - except for the location of the bodies. (And if so they should have found a weapon - which we don't know yet.)

If the reader is familiar with the so-called "last picture" (of Madyson), mentioned in at least one of the tv broadcasts (Sherilyn's friend finds it indicative of foul play), that was a point of much discussion over the years here. Whattaya think? Does the child look distressed? if so, do you think something was up, so to speak? Or is it just indicative of a tired child?

Madyson Jamison

I still think they got lost. They might not have hiked to the other side of the mountain in one day, maybe it took them a week.

Quote Originally Posted by wfgodot View Post
    If the reader is familiar with the so-called "last picture" (of Madyson), mentioned in at least one of the tv broadcasts (Sherilyn's friend finds it indicative of foul play), that was a point of much discussion over the years here. Whattaya think? Does the child look distressed? if so, do you think something was up, so to speak? Or is it just indicative of a tired child?

Madyson Jamison
    I don't think she looks distressed AT ALL! She looks like a normal kid telling a story or something.

Quote Originally Posted by Elainera View Post
    I don't think she looks distressed AT ALL! She looks like a normal kid telling a story or something.
    I'm sort of neutral about it. If one looks at it for awhile one might tend to see distress - whether it's really there or is just in the beholder's mind - knowing that the child had gone missing.

I wonder how they can rule out foul play so quickly if they have ruled it out?
    Life is what happens while you are busy making other plans. J. Lennon NYC

It strikes me as a very premature sort of statement. I would guess it means no weapon was found and no visual markings of the bones suggested homicide (or murder-suicide). So what does that leave - died of exposure? What else could it mean? And, at this point - how do they know that definitively?

Quote Originally Posted by wfgodot View Post
    It strikes me as a very premature sort of statement. I would guess it means no weapon was found and no visual markings of the bones suggested homicide (or murder-suicide). So what does that leave - died of exposure? What else could it mean? And, at this point - how do they know that definitively?
    I could understand the opposite, it is pretty easy to conclude there was foul play if there is distinct evidence such as bullets, gunshot wounds or other wounds to the bones... But if they were stabbed, or killed in some other manner that doesn't show on bones, or died of exposure, there doesn't seem to be a definite piece of evidence to discern which was the actual scenario, KWIM?
    Life is what happens while you are busy making other plans. J. Lennon NYC

Page 1 of 69 1 2 3 11 51 ... LastLast