OK OK - Jamison Family; Truck, IDs and Dog Found Abandoned, 8 Oct 2009 - #11

Status
Not open for further replies.

bessie

Verified Insider
Reaction score
Found remains could belong to missing Okla. family
By KRISTI EATON, Associated Press | November 18, 2013 | Updated: November 18, 2013 3:40pm

While it's not yet definitive that the remains are his nephew and his family, all evidence points to it being them, said Jack Jamison, who was contacted by the FBI about the discovery. He said he had no hope the family was still alive four years later, and he believed that foul play had to be involved.
Paradise Lost: Bobby Sherilynn Jamison
On October 17, 2009, Bobby and Sherilyn Jamison's truck is found abandoned on a dirt road in Oklahoma's remote San Bois Mountains. They and their 6-year-old daughter Madyson are nowhere to be found. Along with the Jamisons' coats, wallets, GPS device, and cell phones, investigators find the family dog in the truck, barely clinging to life. They are stunned to discover a bank bag hidden in the truck that contains $32,000 in cash.
http://investigation.discovery.com/tv/disappeared/the-missing/bobby-and-sherilyn-jamison.html
NCMEC Poster - http://www.missingkids.com/missingk...seNum=1134094&orgPrefix=NCMC&searchLang=en_US

Previous threads:

"Because of the strange events surrounding the disappearance, lack of evidence, and (what’s viewed as) secretiveness about certain aspects about the case, some people have drawn the conclusion this is a double murder/suicide. However, just as many others have concluded the Jamisons are now a part of the federal witness protection program or because of their alleged fascination with death just before going missing, suspect they may have fallen prey to Satanic cults residing in hidden lairs in the Oklahoma mountains."

http://truecrimezine.com/missing-jamison-family/

This is my question, snipped>

The Jamisons planned to leave their nice lakeside home and buy a plot of land in the mountains and live in metal shipping containers. They wanted to get away from it all. But why? They had a beautiful home. They had several time shares around the US and Mexico. The had newer vehicles and lived well above their means of social security disablilty."

http://keepthesearchalive.wordpress.com/2012/01/12/missing-jamison-family/

Neither worked, both on disability. Where did the $$ come from? $32,000 cash? Late model cars? Lakeside home?

I haven't followed this case closely but have gone through and read as much as I can in the past 2 days. It seems Mr and Mrs Jamison were both very unwell. Both physically and mentally. I've seen rumors here of meth use (was that confirmed? Did one or both have an actual drug problem?). Honestly, from what ive read about them in this thread alone I'm shocked they had custody of their child! That poor girl.

No evidence of drug use was ever found.

This is my question, snipped>

The Jamisons planned to leave their nice lakeside home and buy a plot of land in the mountains and live in metal shipping containers. They wanted to get away from it all. But why? They had a beautiful home. They had several time shares around the US and Mexico. The had newer vehicles and lived well above their means of social security disablilty."

http://keepthesearchalive.wordpress.com/2012/01/12/missing-jamison-family/

Neither worked, both on disability. Where did the $$ come from? $32,000 cash? Late model cars? Lakeside home?

Is it known weather the family received a settlement from the car accident? And/or back pay from disability?

Is it known weather the family received a settlement from the car accident? And/or back pay from disability?

I'm curious if the tote seen taken with them on the video was that recovered near the bodies. That'll be an indicator of foul play if it is missing. I suppose wild life could have hauled it off but how far could it have gone?

Due to the terrain and the distance (see mtrooper's earlier posts on the matter) I'm doubting exposure or murder-suicide. Yet the latter would be my pick - except for the location of the bodies. (And if so they should have found a weapon - which we don't know yet.)

If the reader is familiar with the so-called "last picture" (of Madyson), mentioned in at least one of the tv broadcasts (Sherilyn's friend finds it indicative of foul play), that was a point of much discussion over the years here. Whattaya think? Does the child look distressed? if so, do you think something was up, so to speak? Or is it just indicative of a tired child?

Madyson Jamison

I still think they got lost. They might not have hiked to the other side of the mountain in one day, maybe it took them a week.

If the reader is familiar with the so-called "last picture" (of Madyson), mentioned in at least one of the tv broadcasts (Sherilyn's friend finds it indicative of foul play), that was a point of much discussion over the years here. Whattaya think? Does the child look distressed? if so, do you think something was up, so to speak? Or is it just indicative of a tired child?

Madyson Jamison

I don't think she looks distressed AT ALL! She looks like a normal kid telling a story or something.

I don't think she looks distressed AT ALL! She looks like a normal kid telling a story or something.
I'm sort of neutral about it. If one looks at it for awhile one might tend to see distress - whether it's really there or is just in the beholder's mind - knowing that the child had gone missing.

What does everyone think of this statement in an article that came out 25 minutes ago? (BBM)

http://www.newson6.com/story/24002465/osbi-say
It strikes me as a very premature sort of statement. I would guess it means no weapon was found and no visual markings of the bones suggested homicide (or murder-suicide). So what does that leave - died of exposure? What else could it mean? And, at this point - how do they know that definitively?

It strikes me as a very premature sort of statement. I would guess it means no weapon was found and no visual markings of the bones suggested homicide (or murder-suicide). So what does that leave - died of exposure? What else could it mean? And, at this point - how do they know that definitively?

I could understand the opposite, it is pretty easy to conclude there was foul play if there is distinct evidence such as bullets, gunshot wounds or other wounds to the bones... But if they were stabbed, or killed in some other manner that doesn't show on bones, or died of exposure, there doesn't seem to be a definite piece of evidence to discern which was the actual scenario, KWIM?

I wonder how they can rule out foul play so quickly if they have ruled it out?
Maybe they died from bullets from Sheryl's pistol. :( Does murder-suicide fall under the category of foul play?

Besides being extremely suspicious, people suffering from paranoid delusions are often resentful and very angry. They can become violent towards anyone (including loved ones) who they incorrectly decide is harming them or taking sides with their "enemies".

Security cameras are common with drug dealers, but also common with those having persecutory delusions. These individuals believe something/someone is watching them and/or planning to attack them.

Madyson Jamison

To me, Madyson just looks a little tired, cranky and cold. To me, I never saw anything sinister about the way Madyson looks here. To me, I think this was was taken shortly before whatever happened to the Jamison's happened. Thank's for the question, btw, love your posts wfgodot!

I followed this almost from the beginning, though I wasn't a member until recently. I remember after the news of the McStay's being found, hoping and praying the Jamison's would be too! I was/am to use 'that' word, 'gobsmacked'!

Maybe they died from bullets from Sheryl's pistol. :( Does murder-suicide fall under the category of foul play?

Besides being extremely suspicious, people suffering from paranoid delusions are often resentful and very angry. They can become violent towards anyone (including loved ones) who they incorrectly decide is harming them or taking sides with their "enemies".

Security cameras are common with drug dealers, but also common with those having persecutory delusions. These individuals believe something/someone is watching them and/or planning to attack them.

I really think they would not classify murder suicide as "not foul play" sorry for the double negative. Let's rephrase- I would be shocked if any LE did not consider murder suicide as foul play.

I really think they would not classify murder suicide as "not foul play" sorry for the double negative. Let's rephrase- I would be shocked if any LE did not consider murder suicide as foul play.

maybe if it were double suicide?

(first post from long time lurker, please be gentle! :blushing:)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member