1074 users online (218 members and 856 guests)  

The Killing Season - Websleuths

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

VA - State Senator Creigh Deeds Stabbed in Bath County Home

Virginia State Police say State Senator Creigh Deeds is in serious condition after being assaulted by his son in his Bath County home Tuesday morning.

Democratic sources tell News4 that Deeds' son Austin "Gus" Deeds attacked his father Tuesday morning before turning a gun on himself. Police say Gus Deeds died at the scene.

Virginia State Police were called to Deeds' home at 7:25 a.m., and the senator was flown to UVA Hospital in Charlottesville.

The investigation into the incident is ongoing.
    http://www.nbcwashington.com/news/lo...232498761.html
    It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~ Aristotle

The difference between fiction and reality? Fiction has to make sense.

“Evil begins when you begin to treat people as things.” -- Terry Pratchett

I found a news update that said a second deceased victim was found in the home. Wikipedia article on Deeds says he divorced and then remarried in 2012. Could his son have killed his stepmom and then tried to do so to his father?
    My first thought was that there could be political overtones but apparently not..
    'Never stop fighting..never give up'

Kevin Kostner as Eliott Ness in 'The Untouchables'

Quote Originally Posted by Snick1946 View Post
    I found a news update that said a second deceased victim was found in the home. Wikipedia article on Deeds says he divorced and then remarried in 2012. Could his son have killed his stepmom and then tried to do so to his father?
    My first thought was that there could be political overtones but apparently not..
    The Times Dispatch article says: Regarding Deeds' son, state police would only say that "a second individual at the residence is deceased."

They seem to be talking about the son.
    "Crack up the music and dance!"

All accounts I've seen say there were two vicitms - Creigh Deeds, injured critically, and his son, who is deceased.

So sad....

Deeds is in hospital in Cville and his son Gus (24) is dead from self inflicted gunshot. Deeds is reported to have been stabbed in the head and upperbody. I don't have a link,it's on the radio.
    Just know one thing, I am the majority.

Adios amego's

Quote Originally Posted by Elley Mae View Post
    Deeds is in hospital in Cville and his son Gus (24) is dead from self inflicted gunshot. Deeds is reported to have been stabbed in the head and upperbody. I don't have a link,it's on the radio.
    http://www.nbcwashington.com/news/lo...232498761.html
    Cindi Lou

Some people may consider me crazy, I say I'm just inspired.

Senator Deeds was alert and has talked to investigators.

http://www.nbc29.com/story/24009378/...ed-in-his-home
    Just know one thing, I am the majority.

Adios amego's

belimom is offline Our lives begin to end the day we become silent about things that matter ~MLK Jr
    So sad. We live in Va, and he is a good person... I hope he fully recovers - I'm sure whoever stabbed him did not expect him to survive and be able to tell. I do hope it's not as Snick1946 has suggested.

ETA: Nevermind. I think Snick1946 is correct.

Virginia State Police Sgt. Mike King told the Roanoke Times that Gus Deeds suffered an “apparent” self-inflicted gunshot wound. King told the Times that the father and son were the only ones in the house at the time.

Geller said authorities are not looking for anyone else who might have been involved in the assault.

“We’re not looking for a third person,” Geller said. “We’re five hours into the investigation. There’s still a lot more work to be done.”

A second news conference has been scheduled for 3 p.m.
    Fly high and free, Jhessye ~

My posts are meant to help think through possibilities and are strictly an additional opinion under circumstances when many points of view need to be considered. I apologize in advance to anyone whose potential involvement is contemplated in error. Please understand that much of what is happening is merely brainstorming during unfortunate events.

belimom is offline Our lives begin to end the day we become silent about things that matter ~MLK Jr
    Well, this is a shame:

Virginia state Sen. Creigh Deeds stabbed by son who then killed himself: report

.....Law enforcement sources are investigating what led to the violence. Just a day earlier, Gus Deeds had been evaluated under an emergency custody order for mental health issues, Dennis Cropper, executive director of the Rockbridge County Community Services Board, told the Richmond Times-Dispatch.

Health officials said that no psychiatric bed was available for Deeds and so he was released...

Read more: http://www.nydailynews.com/news/poli...#ixzz2l7d7JLqq
    Fly high and free, Jhessye ~

My posts are meant to help think through possibilities and are strictly an additional opinion under circumstances when many points of view need to be considered. I apologize in advance to anyone whose potential involvement is contemplated in error. Please understand that much of what is happening is merely brainstorming during unfortunate events.

So close, and so sad. Break-ins are on the rise here in Eastern Ky. People are breaking in, stealing, then taking what they steal to the pawn shops. They have already hit me one time this year. I was hoping that this was the case here. When you live in an isolated area like I do, people won't hesitate to try and do what they can do under the cover of darkness. If not for my German Shepherd bed buddy, I might not be typing this. They will even scope out to see how your security lights work. Sending prayers out to the family.
    Unless I provide a link, every one of my posts are to be considered rumor, Speculation, or simply MY OWN OPINION.

“It is better to remain silent at the risk of being thought a fool, than to talk and remove all doubt of it.”

The missing and murdered cannot cry out for Justice. It is the duty for the living to do so for them.

I stand with Standing Rock!

We spoke, prayers were answered!

http://abcnews.go.com/US/army-grant-...ry?id=43969890

Quote Originally Posted by belimom View Post
    Well, this is a shame:
    That is so troubling to read that there was no bed available and he was released. They tried to do the right thing and get him help. This all could have been prevented.

So many violent crimes are due to untreated mental illness. Is there ever going to come a time where this is acknowledged?

Hospitals don't turn away people that are having serious physical problems like heart attack.

So sad. Released due to budget cuts. Nothing more. Nothing less. I see the same here in Canada. No bed. No help.
    All posts are my opinion only unless supported by a link
    Keep calm and carry on
    "Your out of your tree" "It's not my tree"

Quote Originally Posted by belimom View Post
    So sad. We live in Va, and he is a good person... I hope he fully recovers - I'm sure whoever stabbed him did not expect him to survive and be able to tell. I do hope it's not as Snick1946 has suggested.

ETA: Nevermind. I think Snick1946 is correct.
    Pretty sure the son did it. They were trying to get him admitted to a psych hospital (or a regular hospital for a psych eval) and could find no open beds -- this was a day, or days, before this incident. I read this on cnn.com a few minutes ago.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast