LA LA - Lindsay Ellixson, 21, East Baton Rouge, 19 November 2013

rhapsdy

Reaction score
http://www.wbrz.com/news/body-found-in-bayou-identified/

BATON ROUGE - Sheriff's investigators in East Baton Rouge Parish identified a body found this weekend as a 21-year-old Livingston Parish woman.

Spokesperson Casey Hicks said Lindsay Ellixson's body was found in a canal at 8500 S. Tiger Bend Saturday afternoon.

According to the coroner's office, Ellixson died after suffering blunt force trauma to her head, chest, and neck, and was identified through her fingerprints.

The sheriff's office said Monday they were investigating the death as a murder.

Deputies said their investigation into Ellixson's death is ongoing. Anyone with information about her death should call the East Baton Rouge Sheriff's Office at (225) 389-5000.

Not much information is known yet about this case, but I didn't see a thread about her so I thought I should start one. Hopefully more details will come out soon. The case is being investigated as a murder. I do not recall any information being shared that she was missing prior to this, at least not on our local news.

I think I set this thread up wrong - I can't figure out how to put the "Found Deceased" in front of the thread. Sorry about that. This is the first thread I've ever started!

Thanks for that link, Wolf.

wow. small world. The guy who posted that comment about possibly having video is someone I know!

The FBI is hunting the killer of a Florida woman beaten to death and dumped in a Louisiana bayou as she traveled the country "trying to figure out" her life.

The battered body of Lindsay Louise Ellixson, 21, was found at 3 p.m. Saturday floating in water by fishermen in East Baton Rouge.

Agents think she was killed by a blow to the head — and that she'd been ditched two to five days before her discovery.

Read more: http://www.nydailynews.com/news/nat...1-found-bayou-article-1.1531852#ixzz2m3EFPZJf

Woman, 21, on Louisiana adventure to 'figure out life' is found murdered and dumped in a bayou after asking strangers for ride

'Someone did this to her and put her there.'

'It was unusually brutal and violent.'

The victim's adoptive mother, Catherine Ellixson, said that she kept in regular contact with her daughter as she traveled, and that she had been home 'intermittently' over the years, however they had not spoken for at least 10 days before her body was found.

'I knew something wasn't quite right and we were praying for her every day,' Mrs Ellixson said.

In what has emerged as possibly the best clues to Linday's murder, the Boone High School graduate posted numerous messages on a social networking site called MeetMe in the two months prior to her death, listing herself as unemployed and homeless.

Her name on the site was 'Lindsay Head' and said she was engaged.
Strangely she also requested 'ladies only' because she was 'looking for fun for my man'.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...al-murder-Lindsay-Ellixson.html#ixzz2m3P7M5yr

Does anyone have any idea why the FBI would be called in? I'm not well versed on LE protocol.

/URL]
Does anyone have any idea why the FBI would be called in? I'm not well versed on LE protocol.

There is a local branch of the FBI located in Baton Rouge. Being that Lindsay was originally from the Orlando area less than 2 years ago, I am sure that has sparked the FBI's curiosity. They usually get involved when there are 2 states involved.

Also she was communicating with people on a Dating Website. I am sure that the FBI was interested in that too.

Please see:
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...ing-clues-brutal-murder-Lindsay-Ellixson.html

I thought the FBI only got involved if a crime was committed across state lines or something like that. My understanding is Lindsay had moved to Louisiana willingly. So I'm confused about that part.

I guess the FBI investigates crimes that are related to social media? Obviously I'm still confused. The article didn't explain why the FBI is involved (unless I missed it).

Anyway, this is the latest I've been able to find:

Denham Springs man's house searched
http://theadvocate.com/home/7758573-125/tips-in-homicide-lead-police

I thought the FBI only got involved if a crime was committed across state lines or something like that. My understanding is Lindsay had moved to Louisiana willingly. So I'm confused about that part.

I guess the FBI investigates crimes that are related to social media? Obviously I'm still confused. The article didn't explain why the FBI is involved (unless I missed it).

Anyway, this is the latest I've been able to find:

Denham Springs man's house searched
http://theadvocate.com/home/7758573-125/tips-in-homicide-lead-police

True, but apparently she never had a true residence in Louisiana. It appears that she was moving from house to house. Also, the fact that she was communicating on social media would have the FBI involved.

She did know the man in Denham Springs, but I don't think he was involved in her murder.

Clue: According to social media posts put online before her death, Lindsay Ellixson was asking for a ride from Plaquemine to Denham Springs, which is a journey of about an hour. However her body would be found in a bayou just off the road in Baton Rouge, about halfway between the two points.

Source: http://www.ablxboston.com/national/...ues-to-brutal-murder-of-lindsay-ellixson.html

-Clodumbo

Ahhh, I see. I didn't know that about the FBI and social media nor that she'd not established official residency in Louisiana. Thanks.

Time Line for: Lindsay Louise Ellixson
Location Found: 8500 S Tiger Bend Rd, East Baton Rouge Parish
Date Found: Saturday, November 16th, 2013 at around 3pm

November 03, 2013 – Lindsay was last heard from family.

November 05, 2013 – Lindsay last post on Social Media.

November 09, 2013 – Earliest Lindsay could have been in the Claycut Bayou near S. Tiger Bend Road.

November 16, 2013 – Lindsay’s body is pulled out of Claycut Bayou near S. Tiger Bend Road.

November 18, 2013 – Lindsay was officially identified by the East Baton Rouge Coroner Dr. Beau Clark that she died of blunt force injuries to her head, neck, and chest. The death is listed as a homicide, according to Dr. Beau Clark’s office.

Anyone with information about Lindsay Ellixson is asked to contact the East Baton Rouge Sheriff’s Office at 225-389-5000, or CrimeStoppers anonymously at 344-STOP.

- Clodumbo

I know losing a child is an unimaginable thing to go through, but to have it happen this way and around the holidays.....I don't know how people manage to go on. I sure hope they find the person who did this and bring them to justice.

Justice for Lindsay. My thoughts are with all who loved her. :rose:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cabinsleuth
Back