NY NY - Vernon 'Cameron' Jones, 23, Manhattan, 2 Jan 1993

theforgotten

Reaction score
Website
twitter.com
I searched but couldn't find a thread on this young man. If there is one and I missed it, I'm sorry. I guess this could just be deleted.

Vernon Kent Jones ** New York City, NY

Vernon Kent Jones

Missing since January 2, 1993 from New York City, New York
Classification: Endangered Missing

Vital Statistics
Date Of Birth: May 2, 1969
Age at Time of Disappearance: 23 years old
Height and Weight at Time of Disappearance: 5'11; 170 lbs.
Distinguishing Characteristics: White male. Brown hair; green eyes. He wears glasses or contact lenses. He has a dimple on the chin.
Marks, Scars: Jones has surgical scars on both hips from metal rods inserted into both of his femurs. He has a discoloration on the buttocks, a scar on the right thigh, a scar on left thigh, a scar on the right knee and a scar on the left ankle. He has a previously fractured left ankle, lower right arm, upper left leg and upper right leg.
Clothing: He was wearing a tan jacket, a red and gray sweater, white t-shirt, jeans and brown hiking boots at the time of his disappearance.
AKA: Cameron Jones.
DNA: Available
Circumstances of Disappearance
Jones attended a New Year's party at a friend's apartment on East 7th Street in the New York City borough of Manhattan on January 2, 1993. He was last seen leaving the party to return to his residence on Amsterdam Avenue. Jones never arrived at his home and has not been seen again.
Jones is originally from North Carolina. He moved to New York City to pursue an acting career.

Investigators
If you have any information on this case, please contact:
New York City Police Department
1-212-694-7781
You may remain anonymous if you wish.

Agency Case Number: 93-293

NCIC Number: M-615400522
Please refer to this number when contacting any agency with information regarding this case.

Source Information:
New York City Police Department
NCMA
Management Resources LTD of NY

https://www.findthemissing.org/cases/case_report_html/686

http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/45dmny.html

What a handsome young man. Never heard of his case before. Maybe foul play was involved in his disappearance.

http://footprintsattheriversedge.blogspot.de/2009/10/010193-vernon-cameron-kent-jones-23-new.html

Cameron [Vern] spent New Year's Eve 1993 partying with friend Mark Zimmerman and a couple, Margaret Miller and Paul Williams, in an apartment in Manhattan's Lower East Side (East Village). At around 12:30 a.m., while Cameron and Paul remained at the apartment, Margaret and Mark walked across the street to the grocery store to buy paper towels. They were gone approximately 5 minutes. When they returned, Cameron was gone. Mark speculated that Cameron must have put on his coat and left, probably to go home.
Shortly after Cameron disappeared, his family came to New York to search for him and discovered the name "Vern" spray painted around the East Village. It is unclear who put it there. It is the only potential clue that has ever been found in the case.

It has been reported that Margaret Miller and Paul Williams left town within weeks of Cameron's' disappearance.

Vernon's NamUs profile was updated today 2/10/22 The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs)
He currently has 15 rule outs.
UP14360 08/14/2015 Bland VA
UP6639 07/28/2007 Fairfax VA
UP6149 01/22/1996 Halifax VA
UP2667 08/18/2008 Dinwiddie VA
UP6637 10/07/2006 Fairfax VA
UP11248 08/20/2012 Fairfax VA
UP14518 04/03/2010 Shenandoah VA
UP6278 07/05/2007 Botetourt VA
UP2560 03/05/2003 Norfolk VA
UP6304 08/01/1993 Clarke VA
UP7605 07/21/2010 Mecklenburg VA
UP10908 08/29/2012 Fairfax VA
UP6171 12/26/2005 Pittsylvania VA
UP676210/08/1995 Richmond VA
UP2300 10/05/1999 Pinellas FL

I hope his family gets answers.

This link adds the reason behind the purchase of the paper towels:

"Prior to his disappearance, Vernon celebrated New Year’s Eve with several of his friends at an East Village apartment. Sometime around 12:30 p.m. on Jan. 1, 1993 [sic], Vernon vanished, after supposedly drinking too much and making a mess of the apartment.

While his friends hurried out to purchase paper towels from a nearby bodega, Vernon supposedly wandered off. He hasn’t been seen since."

However, another website I found, which I'm not sure if I can post here because it's not MSM, claims that "We learned the story told by the 3 individuals with Vernon on the night of January 2, 1993, was a fabricated tale told out of fear."

Not sure if that's been confirmed, but a made-up story would explain the inconsistencies.

First he was "last seen leaving the party to return to his residence," according to the Doe Network.

Then his friends speculated that Vernon left because he wasn't there when they returned from being out. If this is true, then they clearly didn't see him leave.

Then
it's revealed that Vernon is the reason the friends were out in the first place, to clean up the drunken mess he'd made of their apartment—which itself is a shady detail because there were three other people at the party. Does it really take three people to buy paper towels? Also, if Vernon was that sick and drunk, why leave him alone in that condition? Even if they didn't care about Vernon himself, they clearly cared about their apartment, so why leave him alone to possibly do more damage?

Factor in the claim that two of the trio "left town within weeks of Cameron's' disappearance," and I'm thinking something else went down that night.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
branditau.wareham72@gmail
Back