797 users online (107 members and 690 guests)  

The Killing Season - Websleuths

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

GA - Roger Kemp, 27, Pooler, 18 November 2013

Family Pleas For Help In Locating Roger Kemp

Posted: Nov 19, 2013 3:12 PM CST Updated: Nov 19, 2013 3:12 PM CST
    By WSAV Staff, WSAV Staff

The family of Roger Kemp says he left his workplace in Pooler around 6:30 Monday for his lunch break... and he has not been seen since.

Around 10:30 that night, his vehicle and cell phone were discovered near the Talmedge Bridge, according to family.

Savannah-Chatham Metro Police say a they are actively searching for Kemp, but that is all they will say.

If you have any information about his disappearance, contact your local police department.
    Family searches for missing Pooler man
    Posted: Nov 20, 2013 4:39 PM CST Updated: Nov 20, 2013 5:08 PM CST
    By Lynda Figuered

SAVANNAH, GA (WTOC) -

Marine Patrols are out on the Savannah river, searching for a missing Pooler man.

Family members say Kemp worked at Sweetener Solution in Pooler. They say he left work and took a dinner break around 6:30 p.m. Monday and never returned.

"We have been in contact with the detectives and police," said mother Connie Kemp. "We have been passing [out] flyers in Pooler and Savannah. He is really easy going and likable person like his brother and we are a close family."

It's hard for Kemp's family to describe what they are going through as they search for their loved one who seems to have vanished.

"Monday, Nov. 19, Roger had a lunch break at 6:30pm and he never returned. At 10 p.m. the police contacted my father saying they found his truck running on the Talmadge Bridge and there is no sign of him," said Leisel Kemp.

Kemp works at Sweetener Solutions in Pooler with his twin brother, Emil. The two ride to and from work together every day. Emil says he didn't notice anything odd that day.

"It's very unusual behavior for him to leave," said Leisel. "Emil and him are best friends, identical twins, and he would never leave him."

"It is is unusual circumstances so we need as much as help as possible."

Now they are hoping by sharing his story and putting up flyers in the area, they'll be able to find him.

"He is a good guy, very friendly, very easy going," said Leisel. "We miss him very much."

Savannah-Chatham Metro Marine Patrol searched the Savannah River Monday. If you have any information, call police or crimestoppers.
    Savannah-Chatham Metro Police
    (912) 652-6500
    Attached Files Attached Files

WEBSLEUTHS ON FACEBOOK

Thank you Bessie - you're the best! The Talmadge Bridge is very high, a shipping canal, but there seems to be no mention of a possible suicide. This case is very much like a recent local UGA student being found, no signs of foul play or evidence of homicide:

http://www.ajc.com/news/news/uga-stu...n-creek/nbxzy/

http://www.wsav.com/story/24032043/s...almadge-bridge

This is an updated article as of this morning. Breaking news. They're not sure it is him, but they will know more later.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk 2

Quote Originally Posted by TVQueen5 View Post

This is an updated article as of this morning. Breaking news. They're not sure it is him, but they will know more later.

Oh My, How sad for some family
    ~ let the storm wash over you, because somewhere beneath, there is your balance and wisdom ~

Rosemadderlake

Yeah, very sad. My thoughts are with the family.

Russ Riesinger ‏@WSAVRuss 13m
    A body found in a marsh along the Savannah River has been identified as that of 27-year-old Roger Kemp,missing since Monday night.

https://twitter.com/WSAVRuss

No article yet

So, was it a suicide? He wasn't expected to leave work at the time he did and his truck was still running when it was found. This is very sad. I feel expecially bad for his twin brother. I hate to see the bond between twins broken..

Quote Originally Posted by Jan View Post
    So, was it a suicide? He wasn't expected to leave work at the time he did and his truck was still running when it was found. This is very sad. I feel expecially bad for his twin brother. I hate to see the bond between twins broken..

I am a mom to twin boys and the thought of this just breaks my heart

Confirmation:

So sad, I, too, feel a special sadness for his twin brother, you can tell from their picture together in this article that they were best buddies. Sending love, prayers, and light to his family and friends.

How terribly sad! Yes the twin I don't even have the words! Maybe there will be more revealed, he was struggling or a breakup or something. Anyone find his social media?
    Dont Be A Sheep

Rest in peace Roger

Rest in Peace, Roger.

Thoughts and prayers for the family.

WEBSLEUTHS ON FACEBOOK

Rest in Peace Roger. It appears this was a close family and I feel for all of them, especially his twin.

This one hits me really hard - my daughter passed away in Savannah Nov. 18, 2003. Ten years apart and totally different situations but still hits me extra deep.

Quote Originally Posted by 3kgirlsmommy View Post
    Rest in Peace Roger. It appears this was a close family and I feel for all of them, especially his twin.

This one hits me really hard - my daughter passed away in Savannah Nov. 18, 2003. Ten years apart and totally different situations but still hits me extra deep.
    I'm so sorry to hear about your daughter, 3kgirlsmommy No parent should ever have to outlive their babies.

RIP, Roger.

Very sad! RIP Roger!

Could he have simply fallen in?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast