1396 users online (264 members and 1132 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

'Insane' Kansas City Water Slide Reaches 17 Stories

http://abcnews.go.com/Travel/insane-...ry?id=20953968

A new ride at a Kansas City, Kan., waterpark claims it will debut as the tallest and fastest water slide in the world, with an approximate 17-story drop and reaching speeds of roughly 65 mph.

The Verrückt will be "taller than Niagara Falls, taller than the Statue of Liberty from her toes to the torch" and "twice the height of the tallest wave ever surfed," the Schlitterbahn Kansas City Waterpark announced this week. The company is declining to share exact numbers until an official measuring event accompanied by Guinness World Records in the spring, but it did reveal that Verrückt means "insane" in German. .......more......

Have fun!

not for me

"The further we (as the human race) grow away from the natural world, the quieter the natural world becomes and the more pathological we become as a culture."........Bernie Krause

The citizens of the United States of America have a right to applaud themselves for having given to mankind examples of an enlarged and liberal policy—a policy worthy of imitation......which gives to bigotry no sanction, to persecution no assistance.......George Washington

Erh, am I the only one who thinks it looks really unsafe? I'd probably fall out!

Accident waiting to happen. Hope the park has excellent insurance.

In my "invincible" days I may have at least thought about it. Nope, noway, not now, not ever.

Unless I have included a link, it is my opinion and only my opinion that I am expressing.

*wishing I could attach a gif of a nopetopus right about now*

With nothing but those tiny little sides to keep you in place??? Yikes...
    Praying for Jason.
    Find Beaner!
    Where is Kayla Berg?
    Justice for Stephanie Low, 9-22-14 RIP Stephanie

Quote Originally Posted by hopeandglory View Post
    Erh, am I the only one who thinks it looks really unsafe? I'd probably fall out!
    Hang on Ernie. It's going to be a bumpy ride.

Speeds up to 65 mph. I hope it's been tested on all sizes of people. It seems unsafe.

LadyL is offline Sleuthing for Lonzie Barton & All Victims.
    I`d like to see photos of it from the side to see how steep it is but my initial thought is YES!!!

I`m adding this to my bucket list.

I've done the 40 mph slide at WhiteWater in Branson, but have to agree with that Nopetopus!

Nope nope nope.
    “Evil begins when you begin to treat people as things.” -- Terry Pratchett

I would be willing to try it in a wetsuit with a well reinforced bottom.

LadyL, you can go first.

I do hope they have a restroom available at the exit!

I live about 15 miles away from this water park. Next time I go by I will take my camera. We went south of there today and it doesn't look as bad as from the top.

You have to walk up a winding stair case to get up to the top. Sclitterbahn's is close to the Kansas Speedway and the Legends shopping center. A very popular place for KC shoppers and all of the suburbs of this area.

SmoothOperator is offline Sadly what connects all these puzzles is that there's a victim@the heart of each

**Please forgive the limitations that come w/my posting via mobile ATM**
    The quickest way to become a fool is to argue with one..

There is no way, no how I would EVER get on that thing!

Quote Originally Posted by Jewels53 View Post
    I live about 15 miles away from this water park. Next time I go by I will take my camera. We went south of there today and it doesn't look as bad as from the top.

You have to walk up a winding stair case to get up to the top. Sclitterbahn's is close to the Kansas Speedway and the Legends shopping center. A very popular place for KC shoppers and all of the suburbs of this area.
    If you do get to take some pics, can you get one of where the people land, please? On my pic it looks like a very small area. The ones I have seen before landed in huge swimming pools. TIA

"The further we (as the human race) grow away from the natural world, the quieter the natural world becomes and the more pathological we become as a culture."........Bernie Krause

The citizens of the United States of America have a right to applaud themselves for having given to mankind examples of an enlarged and liberal policy—a policy worthy of imitation......which gives to bigotry no sanction, to persecution no assistance.......George Washington

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast