GUILTY TX - Zoe Campos, 18, murdered, Lubbock, 17 Nov 2013 *Arrest*

I don't know if I titled this correctly, so maybe a MOD can help me edit to standards.

I can not get on FB at work and I am hoping that maybe someone here can find something on her. Was she seeing someone? A male was last seen driving her car after her disappearance.

I wonder why Mom was expecting a ride at 2AM? Job at a bar? Zoe also attended an alternative school here in Lubbock.

Zoe Campos was last seen about 11 p.m. Sunday, Nov. 17, at her home in the 3500 block of 50th Street, according to her mother, Melinda Campos.

Zoe Campos has brown hair and brown eyes, is about 5 feet tall and weighs about 100 pounds and was last seen wearing black pants a light mint green corset and a black jacket.

Melinda Campos said her daughter was a student at Matthews Alternative High School.

Lubbock Police Department Sgt. Jason Lewis said investigators believe Zoe Campos may be in danger. He did not elaborate on what indicated the danger.

Melinda Campos said her daughter was supposed to pick her up about 2 a.m. the morning she disappeared.

“She texted me,” she said. “She said she was on her way.”

Campos said she waited for 30 minutes but her daughter didn’t show up.

“I called her phone, but it just rang and rang and rang,” she said.

Since then she said her calls went straight to voice mail.

Zoe Campos drove a sliver 1997 Lincoln town car, which was spotted after she went missing and was driven by an unidentified man.

Melinda Campos said her sister followed him to the Driftwood Apartments where he ran away.

Police found Zoe Campos’ jacket in the car, according to Melinda Campos.
http://lubbockonline.com/filed-onli...man-last-seen-late-sunday-may-be#.Uo5kgih9FZ8

Found her FB page. It is pretty locked down. https://www.facebook.com/zcampos2

Darn it! I am still trying to understand why she attended an alternative H.S.

Was she pregnant? Was she a disciplinary problem? Why is she just now making it into the press here in Lubbock?

I thought maybe her social media presence might lend a clue as to why she would disappear on the way to pick up her Mom???

How in the world did the word get out so fast that her Aunt was able to spot her car and follow-it? Lubbock IS NOT that small. Good thing she did spot the car and possibly a perp.

Lots of questions????? UGH!

I see that the Driftwood Apartments are not that far from where Zoe lived on 50th Street.

Don't perps usually ditch items (Zoe's car) of evidence close to areas known to them and their victim? Does this guy live near Zoe and/or these apartments?

Dupree Park is really close to her house with a rather descent sized playa lake and it is right next to the Driftwood Apartments where her car was located.

We have been under a severe drought the last few years so the playa lakes here are not as full as they used to be. I doubt anyone could hide a person there but maybe other items belonging to Zoe could be located in this area???

We don't even know if she is dead or alive or where her "items" are.

We don't even know if she is dead or alive or where her "items" are.

We do know her jacket was left in the car. We do know a man was seen running from her car and she wasn't in it.

I am only speculating she is not missing voluntarily at this point. Anything is possible, but I feel she may be missing as the result of the male that was driving her car. The playa lake being so close to the apartments would be a great place to toss a cell phone or any other items after fleeing the ditched car.

I would assume she had a purse with her as well. Most ladies do not leave the house without their cell phones and purses unless they are leaving in a hurry or unexpectedly. She was expected to leave to pick up her Mom at 2AM.

I would like to know what time the Aunt spotted the car and the male ditched it??? That could establish a timeline for us.

This doesn't sound good for the girl. I hope she is OK and somewhere safe but I'm afraid she isn't. She is a beautiful girl.

According to link below, Sunday was the night she was last seen (Monday morning supposed to pick up mom at 2) and the car was spotted yesterday, Wednesday, so days later.

http://www.everythinglubbock.com/st...-missing-woman/d/story/RabLEbNbEUqyNFQ2XQJU-g

ETA:
Also, on facebook I found either a family friend or family member that has been posting pictures of Zoe and getting her missing flyer out there. Initials are JG. In one of her posts on the 19th she makes it seem that Zoe just up and left in the middle of the night, rather than leaving to pick her mom up?!

According to link below, Sunday was the night she was last seen (Monday morning supposed to pick up mom at 2) and the car was spotted yesterday, Wednesday, so days later.

http://www.everythinglubbock.com/st...-missing-woman/d/story/RabLEbNbEUqyNFQ2XQJU-g

ETA:
Also, on facebook I found either a family friend or family member that has been posting pictures of Zoe and getting her missing flyer out there. Initials are JG. In one of her posts on the 19th she makes it seem that Zoe just up and left in the middle of the night, rather than leaving to pick her mom up?!

Now that makes more sense if the car wasn't spotted until yesterday. The previous article made it seem as if it was within the same time period as her disappearance.

I will check out her FB when I get home. Sonicwall here at work prevents us from seeing FB at all.

Too many missing women/girls and unsolved murders of women in or near Lubbock.

"Lubbock police are searching for an 18-year-old woman who has been reported missing and may be in danger.

Zoe Campos was last seen about 11 p.m. Sunday, Nov. 17, at her home in the 3500 block of 50th Street, according to her mother, Melinda Campos."

http://lubbockonline.com/filed-online/2013-11-21/lubbock-police-seek-18-year-old-missing-woman-last-seen-late-sunday-may-be#.Uo5h0p3napo

The article mentions that the driver ran when he was spotted. Does this mean the sister approached him? I can't figure out why else he would run when she saw her unless he knew her.

Darn it! I am still trying to understand why she attended an alternative H.S.

Was she pregnant? Was she a disciplinary problem? Why is she just now making it into the press here in Lubbock?

I thought maybe her social media presence might lend a clue as to why she would disappear on the way to pick up her Mom???

How in the world did the word get out so fast that her Aunt was able to spot her car and follow-it? Lubbock IS NOT that small. Good thing she did spot the car and possibly a perp.

Lots of questions????? UGH!

Baby in this pic. She seems like a sad girl.

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?...75551071.2059727.1282947125&type=1&permPage=1

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie
Back