GUILTY Australia - Lisa Harnum, 30, killed in 15-storey fall, Sydney, 30 July 2011 #2

Status
Not open for further replies.

jamie233

Reaction score
HER mouth covered and body restrained by her "possessive, domineering and abusive" fiance and alleged killer, the *final moment of Lisa Harnum's life was captured by a security camera he had installed in their apartment.
The opening day of Simon Gittany's murder trial yesterday heard that, 69 seconds after the Canadian was dragged back inside apartment 1503 of the prestigious Hyde Building in Sydney's CBD, she plummeted to her death.

http://www.news.com.au/national/nsw...s-caught-on-cctv/story-fnii5s3x-1226743837046

:mad:

Accused forced fiancee to 'submit to his will', court told

The court heard that as Mr Gittany became more possessive, he convinced the younger woman to completely change her style of dress, convert to Catholicism and to leave her job at a hairdressing salon because the staff there were ''polluting her mind''.

He then allegedly estranged her from her friends, and would demand to know where she was at all times.

''He convinced the deceased that he was a person of superior moral and religious depth,'' Mr Tedeschi said. ''As a female it was her function in life to submit to his will as the male in their relationship.

''The deceased's self-confidence became more and more diminished as she became convinced that the accused was a person of superior moral integrity to herself.''

Read more: http://www.smh.com.au/nsw/accused-f...-court-told-20131021-2vw9i.html#ixzz2iQ7mmALz

art-353-lisa-harnum-300x0.jpg

Lisa Harnum ... smiling, beautiful ... a glow shining from within.

Thanks for that JudgeJudy! From reading what you posted it looks like all factors will be taken into consideration, which is great news.

It is hard to believe that there would be so much world-wide interest in the outcome of this trial if people felt there was any reasonable doubt here. I don't see any news articles saying 'man could be wrongly accused' or 'could this man be innocent?'. MSM is trying to stay impartial .. but I think even they are struggling with that.

It's not as though Justice McCallum can even say 'well, no-one saw you do it, so I can't be sure' because someone did see him do it.

(Just a random thought thrown in here, because there are still many judge-only cases that do get a positive outcome for the victim ... and I believe this is going to be one of them. Keeping the faith going ...... :scale: )

art-353-lisa-harnum-300x0.jpg

Lisa Harnum ... smiling, beautiful ... a glow shining from within.

Thanks SouthAussie, for reminding us what this is really all about. May her life help others........

Thanks SouthAussie, for reminding us what this is really all about. May her life help others........

Isisrising, as a clinical Psychologist, what is the shirt telling you about Lisa in this photo? I have a daughter Lisa's age and I could never see her or her friends wearing 'an olde fashioned' shirt like that, buttoned high. Is she reflecting SG's requirements? Please don't think I'm being picky on her clothing, I'm just wondering what your professional thoughts are on this, knowing what we now know.

Isisrising, as a clinical Psychologist, what is the shirt telling you about Lisa in this photo? I have a daughter Lisa's age and I could never see her or her friends wearing 'an olde fashioned' shirt like that, buttoned high. Is she reflecting SG's requirements? Please don't think I'm being picky on her clothing, I'm just wondering what your professional thoughts are on this, knowing what we now know.

You know TGY, just before I read your post I was staring at that photo of Lisa again and really thinking about her shirt and hair!! (even though I've seen that photo many times before, it had never struck me like it just did! We're in synch!!:seeya:)

Anyway, that shirt and hair to me scream "Simon Gittany"!!! Look how high necked it is!! And her hair tied so tightly back.......fits with what we've heard about his preferred style of his 'woman's' clothes and hair.

I doubt that shirt was what she would have chosen of her own volition.....I mean, she looks beautiful in it and it suits her, but as you say, at her age it's pretty high necked! I'd imagine a woman that age may wear the shirt but not button it ALL the way up like that........

I was also looking at her face and even though we see she is looking so radiant and happy, as I posted a while ago I think her beautiful smile is deceptive in terms of where she's at emotionally - it lights up her face so at first look you automatically assume she's really happy. But then I was looking at her eyes more closely in that photo, in light of the outfit and what we know of her terrible relationship, and I'm not sure that they are showing bliss......

This may all sound like nitpicking but I think it's important.

I've got a big smile too that lights up my face and for people who don't know me, they automatically think everything's fabulous for me if I'm smiling. It was a useful mask for me when I was young. That's what I think of when I see Lisa in these photos.......

You are so right Isis … no smiling eyes in that photo, or any that I have seen of Lisa. No crinkles at the side of the eyes, no twinkle in the eye … in fact, her eyes are kind of ‘flat’ and ‘dulled’ compared to the rest of the picture.

Her big beautiful smile conceals a lot. Her beautiful, glowing skin conceals a lot. But the eyes are the window to the soul, and the soul was perhaps not happy being controlled, demeaned and humiliated IMO.

Thank you, I'm glad you understood.
There is someone wearing red very close to her right leg, is it SG with his hand reminding her to behave, be careful & controlling her very being. I'm doubting a (man? ewwe) would were a red shirt unless he's saying 'look at me I'm invincible' or it's a woman's knee in a red dress (which I doubt)

Either way the photo haunts me........The Mona Lisa painting? (Beautiful but sad)

Lyrics to the wind beneath my wings?

It-must-have-been-cold-there-in-my-shadow-
to-never-have-sunlight-on-your-face-
you-were-content-to-let-me-shine-thats-your-way-
you-always-walked-a-step-behind

So I was the one with all the glory
While you were the one with all the strain
A beautiful face without a name for so long
A beautiful smile to hide the pain

Oh so sad Lisa, that song was yours .......

SAD LISA - by Cat Stevens. The lyrics are as haunting as the music.

She hangs her head and cries on my shirt.
She must be hurt very badly.
Tell me what's making you sadly?
Open your door, don't hide in the dark.
You're lost in the dark, you can trust me.
'Cause you know that's how it must be.

Lisa Lisa, sad Lisa Lisa.

Her eyes like windows, tricklin' rain
Upon her pain getting deeper.
Though my love wants to relieve her.
She walks alone from wall to wall.
Lost in a hall, she can't hear me.
Though I know she likes to be near me.

She sits in a corner by the door.
There must be more I can tell her.
If she really wants me to help her.
I'll do what I can to show her the way.
And maybe one day I will free her.
Though I know no one can see her.

I'm not totally convinced, I think she looks genuinely happy in this photo. If we look hard enough we can find sadness in anyone's eyes - but it could be something they are carrying with them from long ago. I would like to know when this photo was taken. As for the shirt, she looks very classy and it is fashionable right now to button right up, men and women are / or were doing it, and I think that shirt was designed to be worn that way. But yeah maybe SG did choose it. It was interesting to me that those modelling photo's where she looks very troubled, were taken in 2011, so well and truly into her relationship with SG. Must have been taken about 6 months before she died, I'm thinking, because she is wearing summery clothes. Might have been at the beginning of 2011.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member