676 users online (85 members and 591 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

CT - Gunman on campus at Yale University, 25 Nov 2013

A gunman is being reported on the campus of Yale University 11/25/13.

10:17 - anonymous call from a phone booth reporting a single person with a gun

11: 02 - gunman confirmed near Old Campus - Shelter in place / lockdown ordered

Yale alert website: http://emergency.yale.edu/
    @yaledailynews twitter

According to twitter account above, SWAT teams have been sighted on Old Campus.

New Haven PD Lieutenant says no shootings or injuries at this time, though the Yale Daily News twitter feed has a pic of an armed officer near a building.

http://yaledailynews.com/crosscampus...ted-on-campus/

sheltering in place! This is NOT a drill, tension is HIGH!

Thankfully, school is "on break"....fewer students on campus.

Yale is NOT isolated from the city, major roads/streets intersect thru the school property.

latest "hot spot"is elm & howe area with both dorms & academic buildings

latest alert: confirmed, person with a gun on Old Campus

yep, I'm there.....was @ a meeting!
    “Hic locus est ubi mors gaudet succure vitae”– Giovanni Margagni

"This is the place where death rejoices to teach those who live."-
    Giovanni Margagni

Report Of Person With Gun At Yale University CONFIRMED, Students Told To Shelter In Place

http://www.businessinsider.com/repor...ersity-2013-11

Strange that CNN didn't pick up the story or maybe I missed it. I saw this on a Canadian station.
    Justice for Holly Bobo🎀

Quote Originally Posted by joypath View Post
    sheltering in place! This is NOT a drill, tension is HIGH!

Thankfully, school is "on break"....fewer students on campus.

Yale is NOT isolated from the city, major roads/streets intersect thru the school property.

latest "hot spot"is elm & howe area with both dorms & academic buildings

latest alert: confirmed, person with a gun on Old Campus

yep, I'm there.....was @ a meeting!

You're there? Stay safe!!!
    Justice for Holly Bobo🎀

Okay, whatta we got now: multiple media sources reporting an anonymous caller phoned either Yale or New Haven LE and said roommate was heading for Yale with a (long) gun. Also a report not as widely reported (i.e., tweeted) confirming report of person with long gun seen on campus. Shelter in place still in effect as LE conducts search of campus.

this is going

FYI: Yale is unique as it is a collection of 12 "colleges"....aka individual institutions of study (major).

the area of "interest" is centered in & about "old college area" BUT is now expanding to other buildings.....the vast # of buildings are of mixed use...residence, eating,study & classrooms

http://new.livestream.com/wtnh/live?...um=socialmedia

Giovanni Margagni

this is going

FYI: Yale is unique as it is a collection of 12 "colleges"....aka individual institutions of study (major).

the area of "interest" is centered in & about "old college area" BUT is now expanding to other buildings.....the vast # of buildings are of mixed use...residence, eating,study & classrooms

http://new.livestream.com/wtnh/live?...um=socialmedia
    Just got home and saw this on WTNH. Will it ever end. Are you still at Yale? Stay safe.
    I use to love to walk around the campus when I was in my late teens. Beautiful buildings.
    "If we find ourselves with a desire that nothing in this world can satisfy, the most probable explanation is that we were made for another world."
    — C.S. Lewis

http://emergency.yale.edu/

Update message to the Yale Community, November 25, 1:45 p.m.

Out of an abundance of caution, Police will be doing a room to room search starting with the residential college areas. Shelter in Place continues.

Quote Originally Posted by Ricki View Post
    Just got home and saw this on WTNH. Will it ever end. Are you still at Yale? Stay safe.
    I use to love to walk around the campus when I was in my late teens. Beautiful buildings.

Still @ Yale, have been asked to remain "just in case" a ME should be needed...

Very interesting experience to witness the armed response!...My faith in LE has SOARED to the highest level, 'specially for the sensitivity exhibited as they "clear the buildings"

& of course, I'm @ the old college area!...story of my life, wrong place, wrong time!!

BUT this does beat dealing with the presumed fall-out from the Newtown report release!

Giovanni Margagni

Very interesting experience to witness the armed response!...My faith in LE has SOARED to the highest level, 'specially for the sensitivity exhibited as they "clear the buildings"

& of course, I'm @ the old college area!...story of my life, wrong place, wrong time!!

BUT this does beat dealing with the presumed fall-out from the Newtown report release!
    Speaking of Sandy Hook/Newtown, that report has been released.
    http://www.wfsb.com/story/24064893/s...eport-released
    "If we find ourselves with a desire that nothing in this world can satisfy, the most probable explanation is that we were made for another world."
    — C.S. Lewis

Stay safe, Joypath.

Nothing like having. WS's reporting live! Stay safe.

OK... my local radio report (nowhere near NE) just made it sound like this might be a hoax/prank?

any updates? I keep looking on the news and not seeing anything,

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast