CT - Gunman on campus at Yale University, 25 Nov 2013

ami

Reaction score
A gunman is being reported on the campus of Yale University 11/25/13.

10:17 - anonymous call from a phone booth reporting a single person with a gun

11: 02 - gunman confirmed near Old Campus - Shelter in place / lockdown ordered

Yale alert website: http://emergency.yale.edu/
@yaledailynews twitter

According to twitter account above, SWAT teams have been sighted on Old Campus.

sheltering in place! This is NOT a drill, tension is HIGH!

Thankfully, school is "on break"....fewer students on campus.

Yale is NOT isolated from the city, major roads/streets intersect thru the school property.

latest "hot spot"is elm & howe area with both dorms & academic buildings

latest alert: confirmed, person with a gun on Old Campus

yep, I'm there.....was @ a meeting! :banghead:

sheltering in place! This is NOT a drill, tension is HIGH!

Thankfully, school is "on break"....fewer students on campus.

Yale is NOT isolated from the city, major roads/streets intersect thru the school property.

latest "hot spot"is elm & howe area with both dorms & academic buildings

latest alert: confirmed, person with a gun on Old Campus

yep, I'm there.....was @ a meeting! :banghead:

You're there? Stay safe!!!

Okay, whatta we got now: multiple media sources reporting an anonymous caller phoned either Yale or New Haven LE and said roommate was heading for Yale with a (long) gun. Also a report not as widely reported (i.e., tweeted) confirming report of person with long gun seen on campus. Shelter in place still in effect as LE conducts search of campus.

this is going

FYI: Yale is unique as it is a collection of 12 "colleges"....aka individual institutions of study (major).

the area of "interest" is centered in & about "old college area" BUT is now expanding to other buildings.....the vast # of buildings are of mixed use...residence, eating,study & classrooms

http://new.livestream.com/wtnh/live?utm_source=twitter&utm_medium=socialmedia

Just got home and saw this on WTNH. Will it ever end. Are you still at Yale? Stay safe.
I use to love to walk around the campus when I was in my late teens. Beautiful buildings.

http://emergency.yale.edu/

Update message to the Yale Community, November 25, 1:45 p.m.

Out of an abundance of caution, Police will be doing a room to room search starting with the residential college areas. Shelter in Place continues.

Just got home and saw this on WTNH. Will it ever end. Are you still at Yale? Stay safe.
I use to love to walk around the campus when I was in my late teens. Beautiful buildings.

Still @ Yale, have been asked to remain "just in case" a ME should be needed...

Very interesting experience to witness the armed response!...My faith in LE has SOARED to the highest level, 'specially for the sensitivity exhibited as they "clear the buildings"

& of course, I'm @ the old college area!...story of my life, wrong place, wrong time!!

BUT this does beat dealing with the presumed fall-out from the Newtown report release!

Very interesting experience to witness the armed response!...My faith in LE has SOARED to the highest level, 'specially for the sensitivity exhibited as they "clear the buildings"

& of course, I'm @ the old college area!...story of my life, wrong place, wrong time!!

BUT this does beat dealing with the presumed fall-out from the Newtown report release!

Speaking of Sandy Hook/Newtown, that report has been released.
http://www.wfsb.com/story/24064893/sandy-hook-report-released

Stay safe, Joypath.

Nothing like having. WS's reporting live! Stay safe.

OK... my local radio report (nowhere near NE) just made it sound like this might be a hoax/prank?

any updates? I keep looking on the news and not seeing anything,

OK... my local radio report (nowhere near NE) just made it sound like this might be a hoax/prank?

That is what the local news here is saying also, although they will make sure everything is all clear. Also, they are trying to track down the caller and the police officer said he would be charged with everything he could think of.

the person who called it in, he should turn himself in, he has to know that they can trace that call.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hannahdunnam
Back