GUILTY Canada - Shayne Lund & 2 others for sex abuse, child *advertiser censored*, Orillia, Ont, 2013

LoyalSleuth

Reaction score
These 3, Shayne Lund 22 of Penetanguishne Ontario, Kathryn Thomson 19 of Orillia Ontario & Avery Taylor 20 of Orillia Ontario are in custody and charged with 100 sexual charges, including: conspiring to kidnap and drug a child, sexually assaulting children, creating child *advertiser censored* and bestiality.

http://www.torontosun.com/2013/11/22/more-charges-expected-against-midland-man-facing-sex-related-allegations-against-kids-animals

This case hits close to home for me, as I know one of the victims.

Shayne's father is an OPP officer, I am not sure if this will complicate the case or improve it.

Apparenlty the story I have been given is that Shayne had sex with a few 14 year old girls, consensual statutory rape - but after that he asked them to post ads to babysit,, so that he could come over and "see" the children they were babysitting... The girls are hero's in my books, they immediately went to the police with this information, which lead to the investigation being started... Apparenlty this dude has 160,000 images of sex, child *advertiser censored*, etc. There have been several young victims (a side from the two 14 yr old girls) ranging in age from 2-10.

In my opinion this case is huge, as these sick 3 coudl have become the next Bernardo / Holmolka or Rafferty / Mcclintic.

I am attaching some more links;
http://barrie.ctvnews.ca/accused-in-child-*advertiser censored*-case-appears-in-court-1.1529580

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/toronto/opp-officer-s-son-in-court-on-child-*advertiser censored*-bestiality-charges-1.2438076

http://www.torontosun.com/2013/10/26/second-woman-faces-16-charges-in-child-sex-abuse-case

Thanks for the info LoyalSleuth. I read about this case and found their fb profiles, not sure if their still available or not. This is so disturbing.

it is very disturbing. I have been hearing some of the discussions that have happened at Shayne's bail heairngs, apparenlty the crown is seeking for a "no contact" order between Shayne and his father (opp officer).

There is more to it, with the parents of Shayne, but until that comes out in MSM, I will bite my tongue.

Shayne's father is an OPP officer, I am not sure if this will complicate the case or improve it.

RSBM

Apparently it is complicating the case:

Kandola asked the court to order that Lund not be allowed to contact his father, Mark Lund — who is an OPP officer — alleging the father has been “obstructive” in the investigation.
“I can indicate the Crown is concerned about Mark Lund’s obstructive behavior during the course of this investigation,” Kandola said.
The father is also a potential witness in the case, he said.
Cellphones, computers and a video camera were seized from the father’s home where his son lived at the time of the arrest.
“The father is a witness to the video camera and the way it was pointed at the bed,” Kandola told the court, adding that the father also told police “that his son fantasizes about children.”

http://www.torontosun.com/2013/11/2...-sex-related-allegations-against-kids-animals

RSBM

Kandola asked the court to order that Lund not be allowed to contact his father, Mark Lund — who is an OPP officer — alleging the father has been “obstructive” in the investigation.
“I can indicate the Crown is concerned about Mark Lund’s obstructive behavior during the course of this investigation,” Kandola said.
Cellphones, computers and a video camera were seized from the father’s home where his son lived at the time of the arrest.
“The father is a witness to the video camera and the way it was pointed at the bed,” Kandola told the court, adding that the father also told police “that his son fantasizes about children.”

http://www.torontosun.com/2013/11/2...-sex-related-allegations-against-kids-animals

BBM - That is the part I had heard but wasn't sure it had been released into MSM. Thanks for posting...

Are there charges that could be laid against the father? Knowing your son fantasizes about children and he has a video camera pointed at his bed? Furthermore, if these parents knew these 14yr old girls were in Shayne’s room (where the camera) is and they did nothing, doesn't that count as an accessory or something?

As a parent, if my child told me they fantasized about children, I would immediately have them in counselling, under my watch always, not alone with women or children. something. I wonder if they did anything with that information?

I also wonder about charges against the father. If he's already being accused of obstructing justice then who knows what could come out. Maybe negligence for allowing his son to be with kids when the son had confessed to fantasies. If indeed the father did know about the kids.

The thing with the camera pointed at the bed... if it was just that the camera was kept on a tripod in a corner of his room, where it was pointing may not have have seemed suspicious to the family, in that it might have looked to be simply stored there.

Can I just say that I am also sickened about the animals abused in this case? The woman who owns the horse says he hasn't been behaving right, he seems scared, and she didn't know why until police came to her door. :( And she isn't allowed to know exactly what was done to her animals. The children's parents were also not allowed at the bail hearing to know the facts. I just... how do you deal with knowing your child or animals were sexually assaulted and exploited, but not allowed to know what happened? How do you cope?

Where is the info about the animal abuse i.e. horse? I didn't see that. TIA

The conspiring to kidnap a child has me very freaked out. Kidnapping a kid usually leads to killing them in my opinion.

I read about this on the Dreamin' Demon. Nasty.

Where is the info about the animal abuse i.e. horse? I didn't see that. TIA

Oops, I forgot to link. Sorry:
http://www.torontosun.com/2013/10/26/second-woman-faces-16-charges-in-child-sex-abuse-case

Excerpt:

“I felt so betrayed,” said the woman.
She said her big, lovable dog seems as “happy and goofy” as ever, but her horse has been timid and shy.
“He’s not right,” she said. “It seems like he is afraid ... I just need to know what happened.”
But police haven’t given her the details, she said.
“The police won’t tell me what was done to them, only that it was something,” she said, frustrated. “They tell me I’m not allowed to sit in bail court to hear the details. And I don’t understand why. They are my pets, I need to know.”
She is not alone with her questions. The mother and father and family members of the five-year-old girl said they were also told they are not allowed to sit in on the bail hearings.

I also wonder about charges against the father. If he's already being accused of obstructing justice then who knows what could come out. Maybe negligence for allowing his son to be with kids when the son had confessed to fantasies. If indeed the father did know about the kids.

The thing with the camera pointed at the bed... if it was just that the camera was kept on a tripod in a corner of his room, where it was pointing may not have have seemed suspicious to the family, in that it might have looked to be simply stored there.

Can I just say that I am also sickened about the animals abused in this case? The woman who owns the horse says he hasn't been behaving right, he seems scared, and she didn't know why until police came to her door. :( And she isn't allowed to know exactly what was done to her animals. The children's parents were also not allowed at the bail hearing to know the facts. I just... how do you deal with knowing your child or animals were sexually assaulted and exploited, but not allowed to know what happened? How do you cope?

yes - I know the owner of the dog and horse and it is sooo disturbing. she is heart broken, Avery Taylor was her friend from when they were children, she never suspected that anything was going wrong...

I also know one of the parents, her daughter was a victim and she has not been told what was done to her daughter. She knows there were pictures taken of her daughter, pictures of her genitals while she was changing out of her swim suit, while in the care of Avery. But the police told her initially that that was all, but since then through the investigation and production orders from their wireless devices, more evidence is available and from the text messages, it appears more happened than photos while she was changing.
What is coming up in court, and yes you are right the parents of the victims are not allowed in court, is that MORE was done to her daughter...

How do you help your child, get them counselling, etc - if you don't know what happened to her?

The conspiring to kidnap a child has me very freaked out. Kidnapping a kid usually leads to killing them in my opinion.

It was all communicated via text messages, the plans right down to doses, where they would take the child, what they would do, etc.

By the grace of god, when that day came (that we now know aligns with the plans via text messages,) and Avery wanted to take my friends daughter out to a drive in, my friend said no, they already had plans and her daughter didn't go...

It was all communicated via text messages, the plans right down to doses, where they would take the child, what they would do, etc.

By the grace of god, when that day came (that we now know aligns with the plans via text messages,) and Avery wanted to take my friends daughter out to a drive in, my friend said no, they already had plans and her daughter didn't go...

OMG. This is so sick. xoxo to you and your friend and her daughter.

LoyalSleuth, I am so sorry for what your friends and their families are going through. Sending good thoughts their way...

OMG thank God that this trio were caught before the actual planned kidnapping was followed through!!!! Why is this world full of creeps who prey on the innocent?

RSBM

Clearly a very disturbing case!!

Another quote from the same article:

Several other children are involved. The Crown has announced that the charges are so disturbing that, if found guilty, it will be seeking dangerous offender status for all three accused.

As despicable and disgraceful as this trio is. THANK GOD they were apprehended before their behaviour escalated!!

As I read the first reports it sounds to me like KT may be the only one who had a shred of conscience as she has " waived her right to a bail hearing last week and has consented to her detention."

As despicable and disgraceful as this trio is. THANK GOD they were apprehended before their behaviour escalated!!

As I read the first reports it sounds to me like KT may be the only one who had a shred of conscience as she has " waived her right to a bail hearing last week and has consented to her detention."

yes - I agree. I think she may make a deal if the crown is willing, or however this works.
Apparently, some if not all 3 are in Protective Custody within the jail... When I hear this, I always wonder where our protective custody is for children and innocents?

LoyalSleuth, do you have any leads on possible usernames that any of these three could have used?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
legalpyro74
Back