1184 users online (240 members and 944 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast

MD - Evan Curbeam, 29, Fells Point, 23 Nov. 2013

Baltimore County and Baltimore City Police are asking for the publicís help locating a man reported missing over the weekend.

Evan Curbeam, 29, of Rosedale, was reported missing by a family member at 4:48 p.m. Saturday when he did not arrive to pick up his child.

http://baltimore.cbslocal.com/2013/1...-since-friday/

Curbeam had gone to the Bond Street Social in Baltimore City with several friends on Friday night.

He and his friends left the event at approximately 1:30 a.m., and Curbeam decided to go home while his friends went to another bar.

He was last seen walking to his car, which was parked at Broadway and Eastern Avenue.

http://www.baltimorenewsjournal.com/...timore-county/

His vehicle was found where he left it on Friday night.

Evan is a black male, 29 years old, 6'1" tall, 195 pounds with a muscular build. Anyone with information is asked to call the Baltimore County Police Department at 410-307-2020.

http://www.foxbaltimore.com/news/fea...l#.UpPZIsSko4c

I wonder how much he had to drink that night. Was he so intoxicated that he could have gotten lost on the way to his car?

I couldn't help but notice that his area is expecting some harsh weather tomorrow. Hoping this man will be found soon.

jmo

MD-Evan Curbeam, 29, Fells Point, 23 Nov. 2013

Quote Originally Posted by PandaJ View Post
    I wonder how much he had to drink that night. Was he so intoxicated that he could have gotten lost on the way to his car?

I couldn't help but notice that his area is expecting some harsh weather tomorrow. Hoping this man will be found soon.

jmo
    If he WAS really drunk, I'm concerned what kind of friends would potentially let him get behind his wheel.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    JMO.

:bananalama:

Bond Street Social is located right near the harbor. Guys who have been drinking and water don't usually end well.

MD-Evan Curbeam, 29, Fells Point, 23 Nov. 2013

https://touch.www.linkedin.com/?sess...F16%2F74a%2F34

Looks like he's USAF.

Airman First Class
    USAF DCANG
    June 2011 - Present (2 years 6 months)
    Munitions Technician: Build, test, store, inspect, inventory, ship, and deliver munitions assets to support F-16C airframe to meet mission objectives of the ACA mission at Andrews AFB.

JMO.

Quote Originally Posted by Nugget View Post
    If he WAS really drunk, I'm concerned what kind of friends would tentatively let him get behind his wheel.

Let's hope that wasn't the case! I've been hunting around trying to find more info, but I'm not finding much. Some of his friends look like they're trying to get the word out on Twitter and FB, but they're not providing much more info.

Does he have a history of running off or being depressed in the past? What was his demeanor that night? Were there any altercations at the bar?

He's a rather big dude and he looks pretty strong in the pictures. He wasn't carjacked, since they found his car where he parked it. Robbery gone wrong, maybe? Have they brought in tracking dogs?

So many questions, I wish we knew more.

jmo

Quote Originally Posted by MissSunshine View Post
    Bond Street Social is located right near the harbor. Guys who have been drinking and water don't usually end well.
    Thanks for this info; I was wondering what the surrounding area is like (wooded, water, etc). You're right - way too often you hear about a lake ending up in a body of water after a night of drinking. I'm really curious as to what his demeanor was like that night.

Do you know what that area is like, as far as crime rates go? Generally safe to walk around at night? TIA

Not hearing much about search efforts either. Are police trying to get the word out?

jmo

http://www.bondstreetsocial.com/

This looks like the bar/eatery that he was at that night. A couple of outside and inside views on the front page. It looks really classy - not what I expected this place was! (I don't know what I pictured, but this looks beautiful)
    JMO.

Question: I wonder what bar his friends were going to go to? Was it in walking distance? Is it possible that Evan turned around and decided to try to catch up with his friends and maybe went the wrong way or his friends changed their minds and he showed up somewhere they weren't? Could explain why he didn't make it to his car.

Surely there are cameras somewhere to confirm his path.
    JMO.

Quote Originally Posted by PandaJ View Post
    Thanks for this info; I was wondering what the surrounding area is like (wooded, water, etc). You're right - way too often you hear about a lake ending up in a body of water after a night of drinking. I'm really curious as to what his demeanor was like that night.

Do you know what that area is like, as far as crime rates go? Generally safe to walk around at night? TIA

Not hearing much about search efforts either. Are police trying to get the word out?

jmo
    I've never been to this area, but I googled around.

Fells Point neighborhood.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fell's_Point,_Baltimore
    Fell's Point is a historic waterfront neighborhood in the southeastern area of the City of Baltimore, in Maryland, along the north shore of the Baltimore Harbor and the Northwest Branch of the Patapsco River. There are many shops, including antique stores, restaurants, coffee bars, music stores, a municipal markethouse with individual stalls, and over 120 pubs.

At the census[22] of 2010, 3,168 people resided in the neighborhood, 61% white, 24.9% Hispanic, 7.4% African American, and 6.7% other. 37.0% of occupied housing units were owner-occupied, and 17.4% vacant.
    68.8% of the population were employed, 3.0% were unemployed, and 27.1% were not in the labor force. The median household income was US$46,167. 7.5% of families and 12.6% of the population were below the poverty line.

Wondering what the crime is like... any locals?
    JMO.

Fells Point is actually a nice area, and as far as crime goes, all of Baltimore is somewhat high, but FP is not considered a bad area to be in, even at night. Lots of people around, especially on a Friday night.
    Life is what happens while you are busy making other plans. J. Lennon NYC

http://mapq.st/1aUdmTD The area where his car was parked.
    Last edited by gdeyefaith; 11-25-2013 at 09:41 PM.

Maybe before reaching his car he saw someone he knew and decided to hang out with them and something happened.

My friend's parents moved to Fells Point after they became empty nesters. It was my understanding that it is a pretty well-traveled area. How did nobody see Evan after he was separated from his friends?
    always remembering

Jacob Wetterling, missing from St. Joseph, Minnesota since October 22, 1989

Jeanna North, missing from West Fargo, North Dakota since June 28, 1993

Quote Originally Posted by helpful View Post
    My friend's parents moved to Fells Point after they became empty nesters. It was my understanding that it is a pretty well-traveled area. How did nobody see Evan after he was separated from his friends?
    This leads me to believe that however he went missing wasn't strange to outsiders. Hopped in a car with people. Walked by himself into another bar. Went with another group of people to another bar. Whatever it was, it seems to be that no one remembers because it wasn't peculiar to an outsider.

JMO.

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast