LA - Ghosthunters burned historic LeBeau Plantation house in St. Bernard Parish: LE

wfgodot

Former Member
Reaction score
Seven suspects in LeBeau Plantation fire were looking for ghosts, sheriff says. (nola.com)
The seven men in custody in connection with the suspected arson of LeBeau Plantation in Old Arabi apparently were looking for ghosts, according to St. Bernard Parish Sheriff Jimmy Pohlmann. The sheriff said the men had been smoking marijuana and drinking in the vacant house.
---
The men, between the ages of 17 and 31, arrived at the home late Thursday night, likely entering through a gap in the fence around the property that had been cut out by other curious trespassers over the years, according to Col. John Doran, who oversees the Sheriff's Office's criminal enforcement.

"They had been looking for ghosts, trying to summon spirits, beating on the floors," Doran said.

"We all heard the ghost stories while growing up," Pohlmann said. "In combination with smoking dope in there, it appears it was intriguing to them."

Doran said the men appear to have become frustrated when no ghosts materialized. Police believe that in a haze of alcohol and marijuana, one of them decided to burn the place to the ground.
---
Lengthy article at link with history of LeBeau Plantation.

What a shame this happened.

And --no serious ghosthunters drink alcohol or smoke (anything, because smoke messes up photos, etc.) on a ghost-hunting mission!

Frustrated? For not seeing a ghost? Sounds like a bunch of pyromaniacs looking for an excuse to watch something burn. Too bad a ghost didn’t scare the bejesus out of them, perhaps they would have just ran home, hosed by their own fright.

And --no serious ghosthunters drink alcohol or smoke (anything, because smoke messes up photos, etc.) on a ghost-hunting mission!

Very true, which is why I will never be a serious ghost hunter!

Frustrated? For not seeing a ghost? Sounds like a bunch of pyromaniacs looking for an excuse to watch something burn. Too bad a ghost didn’t scare the bejesus out of them, perhaps they would have just ran home, hosed by their own fright.

lol, I like the way you think.

This is just awful! I hope these clowns are prosecuted ... but somehow I think they'll wind up with a slap on the wrist. After all, the excuse will be that they all suffer from the 'disease' of alcoholism and it's the fault of society. :(

After getting a look at these guys mugs, I can see why the ghosts didn't want to come out.

They expect ghosts to be inside the house when there are a bunch intoxicated people. :crazy: :floorlaugh:

They need to call Ghostbusters.

[video=youtube;m9We2XsVZfc]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m9We2XsVZfc[/video]

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288