Hoax Revealed? Family proves they tipped gay waitress

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sonya610

Former Member
Reaction score
Big shocker! Turns out it seems the gay waitress tip scandal may be a hoax! Who would have seen that coming? And now the restaurant cannot produce the original "offensive" signed receipt. :rolleyes:

NBCNewYork.com reports that the couple, who asked to remain anonymous, contacted the station after the story went viral and produced a receipt that was apparently printed at the same time, on the same date, for the same amount, except with an $18 tip.

The couple also produced document they claimed was a Visa bill, which indicated their card was charged for the meal plus the tip, for a total of $111.55, the station reported.

The couple told NBCNewYork.com they believe their receipt was used for a hoax.

The restaurant, which reportedly could not produce the original receipt nor explain why the family was charged for the tip amount, told the station it was aware of the couple's claims and that an internal investigation is ongoing.

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2013/11/2...t-leave-note-about-lifestyle/?intcmp=trending

I wonder who was behind the scam? :facepalm:

The usual smoke and mirrors? Ain't life grand in these days?

Just another radical dimwit, trying to get everyone all worked up.

Sounds like to me that the hostess is the one that misspoke Dan for Dayna or the customer has a hearing problem. Seems that maybe Dayna may have some insecurities as well. jmo

Scary that you can go to a restaurant these days, and then be accused of racism, sexism or whatever else if waiter wasn't pleased with you.
And most eat it up with a spoon.

And from your link Elley May:

Morales said if the family ever returned to the restaurant, she would still serve them no differently than any other customer.

Wow...really big of the waitress to be willing to STILL serve them!

I find the response from the family to be so classic though. If I left a 20% tip for a server and then they made up some story claiming I didn't tip them and that I wrote nasty notes instead I would be furious! If the rest of the staff BELIEVED it can we imagine how that family would be treated if they went back for dinner again?

Instead this family comes out and says basically "But we support gay marriage...we aren't like that". Huh? They are basically apologizing and excusing themselves even though they were really the victims?

Priceless! Kind of makes me have less sympathy for the family.

And from your link Elley May:

Wow...really big of the waitress to be willing to STILL serve them!

I find the response from the family to be so classic though. If I left a 20% tip for a server and then they made up some story claiming I didn't tip them and that I wrote nasty notes instead I would be furious! If the rest of the staff BELIEVED it can we imagine how that family would be treated if they went back for dinner again?

Instead this family comes out and says basically "But we support gay marriage...we aren't like that". Huh? They are basically apologizing and excusing themselves even though they were really the victims?

Priceless! Kind of makes me have less sympathy for the family.

I have even more sympathy for the family because they handled the situation with class. I on the other hand, would have went right down to that restaurant with receipt, billing statement, and camera in hand n started a sh** storm with that waitress n restaurant.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk

I vote that she should have to prove she donated the $2000.00 plus to the Wounded Warriors Project that has been given/sent to her.

I have even more sympathy for the family because they handled the situation with class. I on the other hand, would have went right down to that restaurant with receipt, billing statement, and camera in hand n started a sh** storm with that waitress n restaurant.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk

I'd be looking into what kind of charges I could press.

I first saw it and knew it was a hoax because things like this usually turn out to be a hoax. The handwriting looks different.

"My family and I drove all the way out here to show Dayna our support," Saldana said. "People shouldn't assume how others live. Being a mother and looking the way I do, I'm speechless."

http://www.nj.com/somerset/index.ss...from_anti-gay_remark_to_wounded_warriors.html

I wonder if they will be making a return trip.
:floorlaugh:

Why would you laugh at someone (Saldana) whose only fault was doing something kind? If this was a hoax, the fault lies with the perpetrator. I find it disturbing that people will point and laugh at others because they tried to do a kindness for someone.

People fall for it each time. They seem to believe the accusations without any reservations. Even though there have been other similar questionable cases.
I personally don't find it endearing.

Uh, I'm so glad HER faith in humanity is restored, because she is helping to destroy everyone else's.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zipperoni