OK OK - Patty Hamilton, 18, Seminole, 9 April 1983

thelocator77

Reaction score
Another interesting case is the case of Patty Hamilton from Seminole, Oklahoma in April of 1983. The Dreams of Ada case was almost a mirror of Hamilton's. I don't know that that case was ever solved either.

Another interesting case is the case of Patty Hamilton from Seminole, Oklahoma in April of 1983. The Dreams of Ada case was almost a mirror of Hamilton's. I don't know that that case was ever solved either.

I am a writter and soon i will publish
the life of Patty Arlene Hamilton, I have
located a lot of information in 8 years of research.
This book will be with lots of pictures, boyfriends
and what really happen it has been facsinating to have known
all the personel involbed in the research, including the last
priest that is confessing the yelling before her death in the pond.
Seminole police and OSBI cold case of 1983.

Seminole Man Believes Missing Fiancee Alive
Robby Trammell
Modified: April 24, 1983 at 12:00 am -Published: April 24, 1983

Brad Newby clenched his fists and stared straight ahead with piercing eyes. "I feel she is alive and will eventually get away," he said. "I can't picture it any other way. Or, at least I don't want to accept it any other way."

Newby, 21, a student at Seminole Junior College, has had his life shattered by the apparent abduction of his 18-year-old fiancee, Patty Hamilton. Miss Hamilton has been missing since a $114 robbery at 4:35 a.m. on April 9 at the Seminole U Totem store where she had been working three weeks as night clerk.

Police called to the scene at 5:13 a.m. April 9 by a customer, who found the store unattended, said there was no sign of a struggle. Miss Hamilton's locked car with her purse inside was parked in front of the store. Her car keys and hair bursh were inside the store.

Police discovered the cash rgister empty but an unlocked floor safe with more than $100 inside had not been touched. The store's robbery alarm linked to the Seminole Police Station should have automatically activated when the cash register was emptied, authorities said, but it apparently failed to work because of a faulty telephone cable.
Missing Seminole Woman Worked Night Shift to Pay Rent
Robby Trammell
Modified: April 11, 1983 at 12:00 am - Published: April 11, 1983

Despite being "terrified" of the "drunks and guys who would sometimes harass her during the early morning hours," Patricia Hamilton worked as a night clerk at a Seminole convenience store "because she needed the money for rent," her family and friends said Sunday.

"We are frustrated about this case," Jordan said. "We don't have a suspect. We don't have a car. And we don't have a clue.
"We are waiting for a break of some kind in this case," he said. "We've searched everywhere we know to look."
For Missing Woman's Mother, Not Knowing Is the "Hardest Part' Convenience Store Clerk's Disappearance All But Forgotten
Richard W. Break
Modified: April 15, 1985 at 12:00 am - Published: April 15, 1985

"One day I feel Patty is alive and we'll find her. The next day I believe she is gone and we'll never find even a trace," the missing woman's mother, Linnia Faye Walker, said last week. "It's the not knowing that's really the hardest part."
Walker was contacted by telephone in Fort Smith, Ark., where she and her three other children have, from time to time, made a home for the past 12 years.
She left Seminole because "everytime I saw that store I would just fold up. I just couldn't take being around it."

Remains Match Missing Woman's, Official Says
Don Mecoy
Modified: October 19, 1991 at 12:00 am - Published: October 19, 1991

Patricia Arlene Hamilton, an 18-year-old working the night shift at a Seminole convenience store to pay her rent, vanished more than eight years ago. Authorities suspected she was abducted and killed, but never uncovered a decent lead.

On Friday, the state Medical Examiner's office confirmed that skeletal remains found this week near Konawa, about 20 miles from the store where Hamilton worked, were those of the missing woman. Until then, they only assumed she was dead.
Skeleton found near Konowa is identified
The Durant Daily Democrat
October 20, 1991

I have spoken with relatives of Patty's and they feel that everyone has just forgotten about her. This is very sad.

That is very sad. Are there really no suspects? It sounds like the killer was a person she knew.

I am a writter and soon i will publish
the life of Patty Arlene Hamilton, I have
located a lot of information in 8 years of research.
This book will be with lots of pictures, boyfriends
and what really happen it has been facsinating to have known
all the personel involbed in the research, including the last
priest that is confessing the yelling before her death in the pond.
Seminole police and OSBI cold case of 1983.

Hi Roderijk,

I am eager to know if you have finished your book and when it will be available for purchase? Do you also feel or have evidence that ties the two cases as being done by the same person(s)? Your post seems to imply that you have knowledge as to what really happened, at least in the case of Patty Arlene Hamilton whose body was found 8 years after she went missing. I can find no other information as to the cause of her death and am curious as to where you found the information that states her death happened in a pond? I am unsure as to whether or not her body was actually found in a pond or near a pond, since the linked article only states the following:

"On Friday, the state Medical Examiner's office confirmed that skeletal remains found this week near Konawa, about 20 miles from the store where Hamilton worked, were those of the missing woman.

Has a statement been released by the ME stating her exact cause of death? It seems unlikely that an exact cause would be given since 8 years had passed from the time she went missing until her remains were found. Unless there were bone fractures or bullets found with the remains, usually ME is hesitant to state the exact cause when the body has decomposed completely and all that is left to examine is the skeleton. But sometimes the skull is so damaged it is evident that a blunt object to the head was the cause or there are fractures or bullet casings found and indicate the person was shot. I am sure there other indicators but generally, it seems when all that remains are the bones, ME is hesitant to give an exact cause of death due to being unable to perform a complete autopsy. I am only going off what I have read in other cases and I do not have expert knowledge or statistics on how this really works and I am sure every case is different. Your statement about her death happening in the pond is something I would like to know more about though.

Both cases are horrible tragedies and my heart goes out to the families of both girls. As more time goes by without any further evidence, it seems highly unlikely that either case will be solved. I wonder if LE has held back any information in order to assure only the killer(s) would know certain aspects of the crime. If so, maybe they should reevaluate this decision and think about releasing all the information previously withheld from the public, in the hopes that the new details will trigger someone's memory and give them new leads. I am curious as to how you were able to gather enough information to not only write a book but to come to a conclusion as to what really happened to Patty? Any extra information you are able to give or the estimated date on when your book will be published would be great! :smile: It is high time both cases were solved and the killer(s) brought to justice and removed from the streets before this happens to someone else.

So Patty was found in a creek?

Melody's remains have not been found, but I think LE should check out NamUs UP # 8761. This UP was found in the North Canadian River in Shawnee, which is east of Earlsboro. If the killer is the same person, he probably dumped Melody in a river/creek just like he did with Patty. The North Canadian River flows from Earlsboro to Shawnee so it could have easily have drifted there over the course of 25 years or so.

I'm not very good with maps, but if you look at this attachment UP 8761 was found at the Red point. Earlsboro is the right grey shaded area. Shawnee is the left grey shaded area. The North Canadian river is obviously the big blue river that runs through the middle of the map.

Attachments

• earlsboror.png
    earlsboror.png
    186 KB · Views: 56
This case is insane. It reminds me of those 2 girls who vanished after one of the girls stayed over and the trailer caught fire.

Patty was found in a creek bed. I have a copy of the ME's report and cause of death is unknown. The Patty Hamilton case is eerily similar to the Denice Haraway kit discussed elsewhere on here. The Haraway case was thought to be solved but their is a chance that the men accused of the crime may soon be found innocent after 30 years in prison.

Patty was found in a creek bed. I have a copy of the ME's report and cause of death is unknown. The Patty Hamilton case is eerily similar to the Denice Haraway kit discussed elsewhere on here. The Haraway case was thought to be solved but their is a chance that the men accused of the crime may soon be found innocent after 30 years in prison.

WHAT??? Found innocent after 30 years in prison??? That is crazy!!!

He has not been found innocent yet but all evidence points to it. Unfortunately no one is trying to solve that crime because the police are convinced they have the right person and won't admit they made a mistake.

A man named Doug Bailes has for several years been writing a blog and says he was present when Patty was killed and that the same 2 men also had Denice Haraway, that it happened at his cousin Dean Gillum's ranch. Quote from his blog: It was Bob Hightower and his cousin Bobby Allen who not only took Denice Haraway out to the ranch, but they also drowned Patty Hamilton in the pond down behind the barn on my cousins ranch in the early morning hours of April 10th 1984 I know because I was there! http://dlbailes.com/2012/06/01/a-really-sad-day-in-america/ and http://dlbailes.com/2011/06/30/what-i-have-learned-about-ada-oklahoma/ I also found him on Facebook and he has posted about the girls there: https://www.facebook.com/dlbailes?fref=ts

A man named Doug Bailes has for several years been writing a blog and says he was present when Patty was killed and that the same 2 men also had Denice Haraway, that it happened at his cousin Dean Gillum's ranch. Quote from his blog: It was Bob Hightower and his cousin Bobby Allen who not only took Denice Haraway out to the ranch, but they also drowned Patty Hamilton in the pond down behind the barn on my cousins ranch in the early morning hours of April 10th 1984 I know because I was there! http://dlbailes.com/2012/06/01/a-really-sad-day-in-america/ and http://dlbailes.com/2011/06/30/what-i-have-learned-about-ada-oklahoma/ I also found him on Facebook and he has posted about the girls there: https://www.facebook.com/dlbailes?fref=ts

I do remember seeing this, but I could not make out its legitimacy. I'm guessing he has submitted several tips to investigators, but for whatever reason a case has not come to fruition.

It is also very weird that these two deaths occurred in about the same time the Cynthia Terry, Melody Jones, and Sandy Rea incidents happened. I wonder if there is a connection.

I have tried for seven years to get Tommy Ward and Karl Fontenot out of prison with no help what so ever from anyone in Ada Oklahoma. But I know WHO is in charge of this because I know who the real killers so does God. He will see to it that justice is done for all three young ladies that those boy's murdered back in 1983 and 1984

It also seems that maybe his friends were wrongfully accused of the case and he could be trying to set them free by blaming two others.

Giving all these 1980's Oklahoma unsolved cold cases some love and a bump. Some really, really terrible *advertiser censored* went down in Oklahoma in the 80's-90's, especially to young women in the prime of their lives. It breaks my heart that Patty's case is still so cold.

Very similar to the Denice Haraway case in Ada, Oklahoma. Dont you think?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie
Back