CA CA - Marin Co., WhtFem Skeletal UP11798, 15-25, Mt. Tamalpais, Jan'73

CarlK90245

UID Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Here's a new NamUs listing for a young female whom I had not heard about before:

NamUs UP # 11798 https://identifyus.org/en/cases/11798

Unidentified White Female

Found January 06, 1973 at Mt. Tamalpais, Marin County CA

Vital Statistics

* Height: (Stated as 5 inches, but probably intended to mean 5 feet 0 inches, or 60 inches)
* Weight: Undetermined
* Hair Color: Undetermined​

Condition of Remains
* Probable Year of Death: 1970-1973
* Comments: Not recognizable - Partial skeletal parts only​

Circumstances
* Comments: Skeletal remains, believed to be a female in her late teens/young adult, were found by hikers on Mt. Tamalpais.​

Identifiers
* Dental: Not Available
* DNA: Not Available
* Fingerprints: Not Available​

Clothing
None Found

Three girls missing from the bay area during that era come to mind:

cole_rose.jpg
smith_lisa.jpg
eastin_christine.jpg

Rose Lena Cole: http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/c/cole_rose.html
Lisa Smith: http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/s/smith_lisa.html
Christine Marie Easton: http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/e/eastin_christine.html

If you accept the height parameter of 5 feet (actually stated as 5 inches), Rose and Christine would probably be too tall. But I'm not putting much reliance on the UID's listed height (especially since they at the very least confused feet for inches)

Nevertheless, they don't have any identifiers on the UID, so any possibles that we come up with are probably not verifiable.

One more picky thing... the correct spelling of the mountain in Marin County, CA is Mt. Tamalpais. (or "Mt. Tam" for short).

Mount Tamalpais - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Unfortunately, it is incorrect in the Namus entry. Not sure if you want to correct it here or not...

Five Felines, I had never heard of the Trailside Killer, but it sounds like a definite possibility, esp if he may have killed this victim prior to 1970. (I assume that the skeletal remains may have been there for several years). I wonder if he has been questioned about it.

One more picky thing... the correct spelling of the mountain in Marin County, CA is Mt. Tamalpais. (or "Mt. Tam" for short).

Mount Tamalpais - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Unfortunately, it is incorrect in the Namus entry. Not sure if you want to correct it here or not...

Five Felines, I had never heard of the Trailside Killer, but it sounds like a definite possibility, esp if he may have killed this victim prior to 1970. (I assume that the skeletal remains may have been there for several years). I wonder if he has been questioned about it.

I think Carpenter was in Modesto back then, but who knows? He was in prison from 1960-9 for attacking a woman with a hammer (the victim, who escaped, is actually the mother of TV actress Lisa Rinna). Then he was out from 1969 until February 1970, when he was arrested again. It sounds like he was still raping/attacking women while out of prison, though. It seems like he should have been questioned about this UID, as she somewhat fits his victim profile, age wise.

http://abc7news.com/archive/9142124/

Naso also kept a "list of 10" -- what prosecutors call his "dump list" of where he put the bodies. They say Sara Dylan appears to be No. 8.

"List of 10"
1. Girl near Heldsburg Mendocino Co.
2. Girl near Port Costa
3. Girl near Loganitas
4. Girl on Mt. Tam
5. Girl from Miami near Down Peninsula
6. Girl from Berkeley
7. Lady from 839 Leavenworth
8. Girl in Woodland (near Nevada County)
9. Girl from Linda (Yuba County)
10. Girl from MRSV (Cemetery)

Here's a new addition to NamUs who fits fairly well: Denise Anderson

Age (22) is within range
Race (Caucasian) matches
I'm assuming the height is supposed to be 5'0. If that's the case, Denise is only 2 - 4 inches off
Timing (about 2 years to the date of discovery) is consistent
Distance (104 miles) is reasonable

I can't find any other info on her, unfortunately. She was apparently last seen at her apartment in the early morning hours, but nothing about whether LE thinks foul play is involved or anything.

Was this case ever reported as possible being connected to Joseph Naso's "Girl on Mt. Tam" victim? I know someone mentioned it in a post above- not sure if it was followed up on?
And if it was Naso then he was the Alphabet Killers, which would mean looking for a woman whose first and last names start with the same letter...is that correct?

But would this case be too early, wasn't his earliest known crime in the mid-70s? ** Edited - no I'm thinking of someone else - Naso's span was apparently across several decades from the 50's onwards"

Last edited:
And if it was Naso then he was the Alphabet Killers, which would mean looking for a woman whose first and last names start with the same letter...is that correct?

But would this case be too early, wasn't his earliest known crime in the mid-70s? ** Edited - no I'm thinking of someone else - Naso's span was apparently across several decades from the 50's onwards"

I have spent the past two full days combing through Ancestry records and Newspaper articles and am working on tracking his location on a yearly basis (at least his official, registered location). At least 3 of Naso's victims had first and last names that started with the same letter, and they were also found in cities that started with that same letter.

He was born in 1934- he started with his earliest known assaults in 1950 (he was 16). He lived in New York almost exclusively until the very early 1960's.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Biff
Back