Page 10 of 46 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181920 ... LastLast

Thread: PA - Holly Grim, 41, Wescosville, 22 Nov 2013 - #1

Flyers on Holly & Why Mom Checked on Her

Zwiebel,
    Yesterday, on the Praying for Holly Grim Facebook page I saw a flyer that a friend created with a collage of pictures of her with Missing stamped on it. Today, her friends Patty & Rebecca reported about where they've put up flyers. I'd suggest trying to see what those look like. If they're not as detailed as what we're used to seeing on WS--with height, weight, etc.--then you or someone else on WS might want to create a new flyer.
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/222457674544501/

A couple of recent WS posters wanted to know why Holly's mom went to Holly's trailer to check on her. I know we have a lot of posts to read every day since most of us keep track of numerous threads. With respect, this question has been answered numerous times, some of those who answered are locals who knew the family.

Holly and her mom were extremely close. They worked at the same place and rode to work together every day. The mom recently retired but still spoke to Holly on the phone every morning before Holly left for work. The mom said Holly's routine was to take her son to the bus stop, then return home and drink coffee while watching the morning news on TV. This is the time that the mom called Holly. When she got no answer, she wondered if Holly overslept because she had a cold. She went to the trailer to wake her up if she was still asleep (or possibly give her TLC if Holly's cold had gotten worse.) Mom wasn't in panic mode, she didn't suspect something horrible that the police don't want her to comment on yet. She was mildly concerned and followed through because she and Holly were extremely close.

I'm sorry for not linking to the news stories of interviews with the mom where I learned the above info but most are on pages 1 and 2 of this thread. I have chronic health problems, and I'm in the midst of a flare up which makes it difficult to concentrate. Reading these boards makes a welcome distraction from my own problems, especially when I can contribute in some small way.

I appreciate everyone here who does more in one day than I'm able to do in a week.
    Last edited by JWD; 12-04-2013 at 01:44 PM. Reason: typo

Quote Originally Posted by Eileen730 View Post
    What about this bowling league she was at the night before?
    This might.be something to express further
    I agree, that this should be looked in to, if LE hasn't already.
    Perhaps she was followed home, or someone noticed her boyfriend there; perhaps someone was jealous of her, or jealous of her boyfriend? Someone
    who wanted her missing, as it does not look like a burglary to me, but like this was specifically targeted for Holly.
    IMOO.

3. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Treelights For This Useful Post:

tell me that they checked her own trunk? Cant stop thinking about her.

5. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to swanniee11 For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by swanniee11 View Post
    EEKK!! I didn't even think of that.
    I would think they would have checked her car over, incase there could have been any kind of evidence left there? (Perhaps she picked up someone who needed a ride?, after she dropped off her son?)
    IMOO.

7. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Treelights For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by IHAVENOCLUE View Post
    I think that is common to all of us...

and thanks for the specific address!

maybe Mobile Park Homes just have all mail delivered to a main address... Then distributed from there?

I really do not know...

In some mobile home parks, each home has their own street address.

In Red Maples (as others I'm sure), there is one address for the park, then each home has something like an apartment designation, like "J6", "I1", "W9", etc. It is confusing, and kind of hard to locate homes without driving around looking at signs.

9. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to FindTheWhy For This Useful Post:

I have thought of her trunk, too...

And have hoped LE has checked that, too...

JMO

11. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to IHAVENOCLUE For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by FindTheWhy View Post

In Red Maples (as others I'm sure), there is one address for the park, then each home has something like an apartment designation, like "J6", "I1", "W9", etc. It is confusing, and kind of hard to locate homes without driving around looking at signs.
    Thank you, FTW!

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to IHAVENOCLUE For This Useful Post:

OT to FTW and others - I think I have read several posts from MODs explaining that locals (vs. "insiders") do not need to be verified any longer. I think I can safely say that we all really appreciate your posts and the insight you have shared here.

Please please let there be news today.
    "I arise in the morning torn between a desire to improve the world and a desire to enjoy the world. This makes it hard to plan the day."
    - E. B. White

15. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to AzPistonsGirl For This Useful Post:

Blush. I'm not on Facebook and Holly's isn't viewable to the public unless a person is signed in, so I haven't seen it. Or her flyer.

Can someone be kind enough to post the flyer here, then I'll put it in our flyer distribution thread where it can be easily found and printed off?

If it's possible at all, I think it could help to spread the word more if the Facebook page could be made viewable to non-facebookers.
    Newlywed 81-year-old, legally blind millionaire with bad knees disappears without his car, money, keys or glasses in CA. Daughters hope he'll show up.

Flyers/FB/Case Overview Links
    http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...3&postcount=73
    Media Links
    http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...ght=bob+harrod

17. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to zwiebel For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by IHAVENOCLUE View Post
    Thank you, FTW!
    I second that thanks. I've been trying to zoom in close enough to spot mailboxes, to answer the address question!
    Newlywed 81-year-old, legally blind millionaire with bad knees disappears without his car, money, keys or glasses in CA. Daughters hope he'll show up.

Media Links

19. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to zwiebel For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by FindTheWhy View Post

One one of the mobile homes I was able to see an address on the mobile home itself, so it's possible there could be addresses not only on a mailbox but on the home as well.
    IMOO.

21. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Treelights For This Useful Post:

One of the comments I read on one of the mms articles was
    Someone that went to school with here and said

I always felt sorry for her! Wonder why?

23. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Eileen730 For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Eileen730 View Post
    One of the comments I read on one of the mms articles was
    Someone that went to school with here and said

I always felt sorry for her! Wonder why?
    Exactly! I read that too and I thought what an odd comment to make, or a comment that tells more about her life than what is known, if that comment is true.
    IMOO.

25. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Treelights For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Elainera View Post
    We are assuming that someone had entered her home and somehow took her or forced her to go with her. Yet, let's not forget that LE said this was not an abduction.

So, what if nobody entered her home. What if she got a call that frightened and panicked her so much that she left in a hurry, forgetting her cigarettes, knocking her coffee over, and running into a table/chair on her way out the backdoor. Running to or away from someone?

Just speculating.
    I am wondering if the perp banged on her back door and yelled that something had happened to her son and she knocked things over in a panic heading for the door...
    Unless otherwise noted, my posts are opinions or theories only and may not be used outside of WS unless permission is requested in advance.

Please help find Lauren Jackson Missing since 1988 Spring City PA

Pennsylvania Cases:
    Lauren Jackson
    Holly Grim
    Ray Gricar
    Kortne Stouffer

"I'm not smarter than anyone else, I'm just more stubborn" - Detective Joe Kenda

27. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Trackergd For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by jadejazzkayla View Post
    I think this is exactly what happened. I think le should look to closely at neighbors. I feel the kidnapper is someone who is familiar with holly 's routine and the routines of her son and her mom.
    I wonder about this too. Neighbor or someone who either knew her routine down pat or had been watching her for a while waiting for the right moment and had a detailed plan. An abduction in the middle of a mobile home park is more than a little hazardous for a perp as everyone seems to stick their nose in everyone else's business. Always someone peeking through the blinds.

Someone had noted "drag marks". Any drag marks should have been very visible to LE...even to a non-tracker.
    Unless otherwise noted, my posts are opinions or theories only and may not be used outside of WS unless permission is requested in advance.

Please help find Lauren Jackson Missing since 1988 Spring City PA

Pennsylvania Cases:
    Lauren Jackson
    Holly Grim
    Ray Gricar
    Kortne Stouffer

"I'm not smarter than anyone else, I'm just more stubborn" - Detective Joe Kenda

29. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Trackergd For This Useful Post:

I'm still not one hundred per cent certain this is Holly's house. But if it is, I cannot see any benefits for a perp to take her out of the front or the back door, EXCEPT for the trees lining the side of the home.

If the back door opens out behind those trees, then it would shelter someone from the view of neighbours. With a car parked up close to the door, Holly might have been bundled up and away before anyone noticed.

But that doesn't quite fit in with a neighbour being able to see the back door was open only an inch - it must be fairly easily seen. It does seem that whichever door Holly left by, any one of a dozen people could have glanced across and seen.

I really do not understand what has happened here. Or how. I have the most strange and urgent feeling about this case though. I really think every crawl space under every trailer should be checked, previous dog searches or not. Dogs and their trainers are not infallible and at this stage I really am thinking Holly might not have gone far. Even that someone might be holding her somewhere.

Media Links

31. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to zwiebel For This Useful Post:

Sorry, meant to put this pic in with my post above and forgot.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Media Links

33. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to zwiebel For This Useful Post:

ok, although I couldn't get google to do a real map for me, I went back into the mobile park, at the entrance are where all the mailboxes are on the right. I made my 1st right, then my 1st possible left and house is straight up the street on the left. I also couldnt find signs that say "bus stop" either inside the park or at the beginning of the park. FWIW

35. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to swanniee11 For This Useful Post:

Zwiebel, That's not the one I came across, the houses are not close enough. Her neighbors door has direct view of Hollys back deck. IMO

37. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to swanniee11 For This Useful Post:

PA - Holly Grim - 41 years old - 22 Nov 2013

this is a perfect example of why it is against tos to discuss things read in comment sections. we have no idea if they are true or not.
    Last edited by jadejazzkayla; 12-04-2013 at 06:14 PM.

39. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to jadejazzkayla For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by jadejazzkayla View Post
    this is a perfect example of why it is against tos to discuss things read in comment sections. we have no idea if they are true or not.
    Then why comment on my post?
    You know the drill.

41. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Treelights For This Useful Post:

Zwiebel, That's not the one I came across, the houses are not close enough. Her neighbors door has direct view of Hollys back deck. IMO
    Grrr.

Not at you. At maps.

Media Links

43. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to zwiebel For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Cherry View Post
    So what we Hv here is most likely then not an abduction, someone is lying. Why did mom feel the need to " check" on her? I get that this was their schedule but that is NOT what her mother first said she first said she went to check on her, that leads me to ask why and what are we not being told? Was she hvn issues w live in boyfriend!?
    I read somewhere that mum said she had a heavy cold . Maybe mum rang her to see how show was and when she didn't answer went to check on her.

45. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Marg from Oz For This Useful Post:

Holly's missing poster. I don't know how to put it up here as a pic as it's a Word doc ... let me try something ...

ETA: no, sorry, I don't know how to change this into a picture.

Attached Files Attached Files

47. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Elainera For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Treelights View Post
    I agree, that this should be looked in to, if LE hasn't already.
    Perhaps she was followed home, or someone noticed her boyfriend there; perhaps someone was jealous of her, or jealous of her boyfriend? Someone
    who wanted her missing, as it does not look like a burglary to me, but like this was specifically targeted for Holly.
    IMOO.
    Exactly they say there were 150 ppl there that's some league

49. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Eileen730 For This Useful Post:

Page 10 of 46 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181920 ... LastLast