728 users online (78 members and 650 guests)  

Websleuths News

Poll: Who killed the McStay family?

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    I voted that I have a different opinion mostly because I don't believe they were lured out of their home. I believe they chose to leave and made the choice suddenly after finding out they were in danger. That's why there were things out as if they were packing in a rush. They may not of known where they were going but they knew they didn't want to be at the house like sitting ducks. I also believe that it was Summer who found herself in a bad situation and Joseph would of stood by and defended his wife to the death. Its interesting cause Summer had business dealings in the loan modification business with Josephs father and brother Michael. Although the CPS angle involving Josephs older son is also a very possible scenario and supposedly Joseph received a letter the day they went missing that dismissed the case in which the Mcstays accused the step dad of abuse. The step dad had already threatened Summer and told Joey to shut her up or he would. Makes me wonder of we are really being told the truth and that those papers really said the case was dismissed. It that's true then you would think step dad would be happy cause he won but what of the papers said something else. Something that pushed step dad over the edge? Joey had already said he feared for his safety because of this situation. Lots of possibilities but step dad is also Joe's dads top suspect per his FB group he runs.
    ~ When I feel overwhelmed and tempted to take everything into my own hands, I remind myself to just be still. That the battle is not mine. The battle is the Lord's and he will see us through it. I know this.
    Help us to not dwell on the negativity of this world but embrace the positive of the Lord's grace.~

I am not sure if they were lured or left willingly, but I think someone they knew murdered them all and then returned to the house and staged the food and Summer's glasses etc. Also, follow the money kind of comes to play here too I believe.

MOO

I voted for I have another opinion. My theory has to do with drugs and drug money. I deleted my other posts because it got too much into my theory and was not nice to the victims. I don't care to speak against victims.

Who leaves eggs out on the kitchen counter, unless they expect to be back very soon? Maybe Summer was going to make omelets or some other dish that required eggs and found out she was missing another crucial ingredient. Might this have just started out as a quick family trip to the grocery store to pick up the needed item(s) and they got waylaid at a stop light or in a parking lot? Was the TV left on at home? That would be another indication that they only planned to be away for a very short time.

I would like to hear more about any interviews of Joey's ex; and things from her POV. She has never spoken once. Not once, and I find that to be...suspect. Then again, my views on his brother have not changed a bit. He was the one telling LE they were buried, and he shouldn't have known that at any point in the investigation. I'd like to see him interrogated as much as Joey's ex. This could be about child support, or jealousy but if it is; it's on Joey's side of the house. I find his ex's silence on the whole horrific tale to be not an option and unacceptable. And in hindsight, suspect.
    Dont Be A Sheep

Quote Originally Posted by Stella View Post
    Who leaves eggs out on the kitchen counter, unless they expect to be back very soon? Maybe Summer was going to make omelets or some other dish that required eggs and found out she was missing another crucial ingredient. Might this have just started out as a quick family trip to the grocery store to pick up the needed item(s) and they got waylaid at a stop light or in a parking lot? Was the TV left on at home? That would be another indication that they only planned to be away for a very short time.
    You know; people leave eggs out who really know about eggs. We grow chicks and sometimes we leave eggs "out" and I have always seen this as a red herring a misnomer and a dead end. It means nothing. Did you see their suitcases in the closet? They were actually living out of suitcases in that home. There was much weirdness going on.
    Dont Be A Sheep

The FBI needs to get in there are interrogate Joey's brother. Esp over the fact that he came to the house, and then left and then waited even longer before raising the "alarm".....his story has not held water with me, and it never will. I would like to see a real interrogation of him much like FL did with Cindy. Too bad they didnt interrogate Cindy on the actual death ...then we may have gotten somewhere. There are always mistakes that killers make. Some go by the theory of 32 mistakes. In hindsight after time passes it's the best time to look back and realize HEY cindy had an answer for everything and pushed hard for a missing child...I think she was the guilty party and hv for a long time. CA can't speak out; she will slip up and possibly point towards her mother.
    In this case I feel that MM already spoke up and said some things that would have led me to interrogate him until he broke. Now; that's just how I do things.
    Sometimes fresh eyes are needed, and the first question you all should be asking is this:
    Why did MM think they were buried in the ground and why did he insist that LE start looking for their bodies buried in the ground somewhere? That's what we need to be asking.
    Dont Be A Sheep

Quote Originally Posted by Cherry View Post
    The FBI needs to get in there are interrogate Joey's brother. Esp over the fact that he came to the house, and then left and then waited even longer before raising the "alarm".....his story has not held water with me, and it never will. I would like to see a real interrogation of him much like FL did with Cindy. Too bad they didnt interrogate Cindy on the actual death ...then we may have gotten somewhere. There are always mistakes that killers make. Some go by the theory of 32 mistakes. In hindsight after time passes it's the best time to look back and realize HEY cindy had an answer for everything and pushed hard for a missing child...I think she was the guilty party and hv for a long time. CA can't speak out; she will slip up and possibly point towards her mother.
    In this case I feel that MM already spoke up and said some things that would have led me to interrogate him until he broke. Now; that's just how I do things.
    Sometimes fresh eyes are needed, and the first question you all should be asking is this:
    Why did MM think they were buried in the ground and why did he insist that LE start looking for their bodies buried in the ground somewhere? That's what we need to be asking.
    absolutely right Cherry! I always felt exactly the same too.

"Something fishy going on in Denmark"
    "The Greek word moira (μοῖρα) literally means a part or portion, and by extension one's portion in life or destiny.
    They controlled the metaphorical thread of life of every mortal from birth to death."

Wikipedia

here, here Cherry and LeoMoon... I'm right there with ya, have been since early on too.

On the corner of Dysfunction and Junction
    I'm new on the site, but I have read LOTS on this case. I, too, think a lot is suspect about the brother. One of the MAJOR red flags to me is that he took his wife and children with him the first time that he [I]supposedly[I] entered the home after it was determined that they were missing. Why would you not go immediately, once notified, that your brother may or may not be missing? Why would you take your wife and CHILDREN to a possible crime scene? Unless you know that those people are not in the home and that your children won't be scarred for life by something they may see. He let them come in the home!!!

I have also always thought that the McStay children were used to force Joey and Summer to leave without making any noise or a fuss. I think someone they know came over, was let in and then used the children...possibly holding them at gunpoint to make Joey and Summer leave and act like nothing was going on.

I know this is not the place to hash out a theory. Could someone please point me towards the right thread? I have seen the money trail thread which I definitely want to follow, but if there is another that is a general forum for discussion, please help me to find it.

Thanks!!

Quote Originally Posted by Batman's Mommy View Post
    I'm new on the site, but I have read LOTS on this case. I, too, think a lot is suspect about the brother. One of the MAJOR red flags to me is that he took his wife and children with him the first time that he [i]supposedly[i] entered the home after it was determined that they were missing. Why would you not go immediately, once notified, that your brother may or may not be missing? Why would you take your wife and CHILDREN to a possible crime scene? Unless you know that those people are not in the home and that your children won't be scarred for life by something they may see. He let them come in the home!!!

I have also always thought that the McStay children were used to force Joey and Summer to leave without making any noise or a fuss. I think someone they know came over, was let in and then used the children...possibly holding them at gunpoint to make Joey and Summer leave and act like nothing was going on.

I know this is not the place to hash out a theory. Could someone please point me towards the right thread? I have seen the money trail thread which I definitely want to follow, but if there is another that is a general forum for discussion, please help me to find it.

Thanks!!
    bbm: Batman's Mommy - While logged in as a member, I believe you should be able to access the McStay family subforum at this link:

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=507"]Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community[/ame]

When you get there, scroll on down and you should see links to lots of topical threads relating to the case, theories, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Batman's Mommy View Post
    I'm new on the site, but I have read LOTS on this case. I, too, think a lot is suspect about the brother. One of the MAJOR red flags to me is that he took his wife and children with him the first time that he [I]supposedly[I] entered the home after it was determined that they were missing. Why would you not go immediately, once notified, that your brother may or may not be missing? Why would you take your wife and CHILDREN to a possible crime scene? Unless you know that those people are not in the home and that your children won't be scarred for life by something they may see. He let them come in the home!!!

I have also always thought that the McStay children were used to force Joey and Summer to leave without making any noise or a fuss. I think someone they know came over, was let in and then used the children...possibly holding them at gunpoint to make Joey and Summer leave and act like nothing was going on

Thanks!!
    Its in the Parking Lot, which is a members only area

RIP McStays

To the mods:

Is this thread the proper place to re-post my McStay Family timeline? This will be the same timeline as previously posted on Websleuths. I find that my timelines draw-in and educate new sleuths about cases.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Noatak View Post
    To the mods:

Is this thread the proper place to re-post my McStay Family timeline? This will be the same timeline as previously posted on Websleuths. I find that my timelines draw-in and educate new sleuths about cases.
    I'm not a mod, Mr. Noatak, but I think you would need to go to the McStay threads in The Parking Lot to post your information.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Noatak View Post
    To the mods:

Always appreciate the work you do on timelines - <modsnip>

I've followed this case years ago, and now returning to it since it is one the most baffling cases I've run across.
    What could the motive be?
    Their vehicle by the border, why? A ruse or the last place it was used before someone(s) went into MX.
    Last edited by bessie; 06-24-2014 at 07:11 PM. Reason: timelines should be posted in McStay forum

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast