GUILTY NH - AH, 14, North Conway, 9 October 2013 - # 8

Status
Not open for further replies.

SurfieTX

Reaction score
03-abigail-hernandez-3-jpg.jpg

http://www.wmur.com/news/nh-news/co...teen/-/9857858/22365378/-/6qmpqd/-/index.html

Conway police were searching for a 14-year-old girl who went missing Wednesday afternoon.

Authorities said Abigail Hernandez was last seen leaving Kennet High School on foot around 2:30 p.m.

Based on a K-9 track, police think she did arrive at her home on Village Way in North Conway, but she wasn't there by the time her mother got home.

Hernandez was described as 5 feet 4 inches tall and 118 pounds, with brown hair and eyes and an olive complexion. She was last seen wearing black yoga pants and a grey sweatshirt.

Anyone with information is urged to call Conway police at 603-356-5715.
Read more: http://www.wmur.com/news/nh-news/co.../22365378/-/6qmpqd/-/index.html#ixzz2hK6rICQW

Thread #1
Thread #2
Thread #3
Thread #4
Thread #5
Thread #6
Thread #7

Hollye's key points map: Key points
Hollye's full map: Full map

NH - Abigail Hernandez, 14, North Conway, 9 Oct 2013 **MEDIA THREAD **NO DISCUSSION**

AmandaReckonwith's Case Archive

MOD NOTE

Once again:

• We do not sleuth individuals who have not been named by LE as suspects/POI's.
  • We do not link to social networking profiles of persons who have not been indicated as suspects/POI's by LE.
  • We do not link to a social networking page unless we are 100% certain it belongs to the suspect/victim.
  • We never post the name of a private individual who has not been named in the media. Even then, unless s/he's a major player, initials should be used in place of full names.
  • With the exception of a victim, we never post the full name of a minor.
  • Linking to social networking profiles/pages is allowed for these four categories: Victims, Suspects, MSM and LE.
  • Any exceptions to the rule MUST be mod-approved.
  • If you don't think you should post it, then DON'T.

Questions about the rules or mod decisions should be addressed to a mod in a pm.

If you see a post that violates TOS, please do not quote it. Alert the post ASAP so a mod can handle the problem.

FINAL WARNING -- TO's will follow, no questions asked.

*This post falls at random and applies to everyone, and no one in particular.

On this Thanksgiving eve, let's say a prayer that we find Abby here during Thread #8!

Number 7 wasn't lucky, lets hope number 8 will be great :)

I'm sorry to rehash an older topic. I'm just really sad/frustrated about Abby today in particular for some reason.

In other abduction cases, would you say it's more common for the perp to ditch the phone? Holly, Alexis, Morgan, and Sierra's were all more or less in tact and left elsewhere. I wonder what the rationale is to leave it in tact rather than destroy it completely and dispose of it privately? I guess if "time is of the essence" they need to have as few pings as possible, so throwing it out a car window or whatever makes more sense than trying to wrangle victim and phone simultaneously.

This has me looking at posts like this. http://boston.craigslist.org/gbs/laf/4214130492.html (it's 99.9% likely to be unrelated, but finding a phone in that state strikes me as strange. In what contexts besides moving vehicle related are phones like that dropped and left behind? You'd think the owner would tend to it right away. Unless it's a coming-home-drunk-from-bar type thing. The damage is also weird, based on what my cracked iPhone looked like when I dropped it on a sidewalk in a flimsy case. Now that my phone is in an Otterbox I can literally throw it across the street and it sustains no damage. So if that's an Otterbox and it's damaged that heavily...)

Again, not sold on the abduction front, but if she left voluntarily it seems the phone would have to have been disposed of in a similar manner.

Hoping the collective unease means something will change for the better soon. Glad that ZH and family have each other this week.

Abby's was a pink and gray otter box style from the timeline posted on www.bringabbyhome.com

My iphone flew out of my hand and off a deck one time (seriously not a clue how) it looked like that in a LifeCase (or whatever they call them) and it only hit a gravel/grass walkway.

Usually I see them with a spider crack. That thing looks run over.

We can't see the underside of it...that could be pink and gray....total long shot.

It said it had a soft pink cover. From link above: iphone 4, white, pink soft case (brookline) It does look run over, it is not just the screen it is crushedLOL Somebody better hope they had insurance.

Abby's Phone is an iPhone 5 - however ya never know how accurate a CL description is..

"ABBY’S CELL PHONE

Abby had a white iPhone 5 with a pink and grey Otterbox style case. The FBI is still looking for information about the phone’s whereabouts. People have mentioned they aren’t sure exactly what type of phone to look for and wish they had an exact picture. Here is what I would suggest- if you find an iPhone, contact the FBI at 1-800-CALL-FBI. If you find a phone case that is some shade of pink or grey, contact the FBI at 1-800-CALL-FBI. Ideally, you don’t touch it but if you have already picked it up, make sure you note your exact location."

http://www.bringabbyhome.com/abbys-timeline/

it's not about the phone-it's about the perp.

Access
Exposure
Proximity
Planning

Quote:
Originally Posted by honeybun1807 View Post
Oh I so hope they had somebody in there checking each one of those units. That has worried me.

Since you were there can you tell us what kind of activity you observed in the maint dept?

Cleaning coming and going? Was any yard work being done? Regular maintenance workers? Also is there an office on the grounds that maint works out of. The whole scoop...TIA

There was no management on site that I noticed. The was a number to call if you lost water, power etc. It was a managment company located in down town NC. The only worker I saw was someone cleaning the pool and he was probably 19-20 years old in a small pickup. He left immediately after he was done, I am pretty sure it was a contracted service. They probably contract out the plowing, gardening etc. many condo complexes do.
Near Cranmore Mountain there are multiple condo complexes, Cranmore Woods, Cranmore Trailside, Cranmore Birches etc. They are all similar and there are hundreds of units in all

I just had to bring this over from #7.

Hummm what a quiet, lonely place that had to be for a 14 year old girl.

And what a quiet, lonely place it would be for an abduction.

Sorry but I still think Abby made it home and I still think whatever happened...happened right there.

Just because LE have not told the public much of anything that did or did not happen at the home does not mean SOMETHING didn't happen there.

They have divulged very little about Missing Abby and anything they have discovered on her phone records, internet and interviews with friends and family.

So in conclusion anything COULD have happened. We just don't know about it because those in charge of investigating have decided it's not useful to publish anything they have discovered in their investigation.

Personally I don't think they have much or Abby would be home if a runaway but if she was abducted....we may never know and always wonder.

I just reread the transcript from Oct. 12. I didn't realize her sweater was light colored with white and yellow stripes. It appears dark gray in the photo. To me that is huge and should be broadcast more to try and jog someones memory. They also said there were "some indications" she made it home. Was that just the dogs or was there something else?

This is taken from the transcript:

I WOULD JUST NOTE, AS KIERAN RAMSEY SAID, IF YOU POST THE PHOTO OF HER LAST SCENE, THE GRAY SWEATSHIRT IS NOT AN ACCURATE DEPICTION ON WHAT SHE LAST HAD. IT WAS A LIGHT SWEATER THAT HAD WHITE AND YELLOW STRIPING. IT IS IMPORTANT TO KNOW WHAT SHE WAS LAST SEEN IN.

I saw what happened to that sweater in the photo shopping of it. It looked dark and the changes from zooming, brightening, etc. made colors show. the timeline says black/gray, mom says black/gray. I say if we see a girl with a black sweater with any color stripes that appears to be Abby we take it seriously.

FBI furlough- how may this effect investigation?

I hope the family is raising money for a PI. It would be great to get someone on the case ASAP, working alongside LE, if allowed, before case gets much colder.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member