1349 users online (263 members and 1086 guests)  

The Killing Season - Websleuths

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 21 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Why was JB killed?

I believe JBR's death was intentional and not accidental. I think it was a matter of necessity that she die, in the mind of the killer. Why would someone think it necessary to kill a six year old girl? Because of what she knew and would undoubtedly tell if she were allowed to live. She had to die to protect a secret. This secret was more important than JB's life, even to her parents.

Would BR have been at the same risk if the motive was to keep family secrets? Or do you theorize it was something even BR did not know? Or... do you theorize it was something BR wanted to be kept secret?

ETA: "you" in this sense is a generalization, and not directed at anyone in particular
    I speak fluently in reaction gifs.

Quote Originally Posted by Tawny View Post
    Would BR have been at the same risk if the motive was to keep family secrets? Or do you theorize it was something even BR did not know? Or... do you theorize it was something BR wanted to be kept secret?

ETA: "you" in this sense is a generalization, and not directed at anyone in particular
    A lot of my posts are based on intuition, this one included. I am being careful not to point to any particular person(s) as being the killer, but my intuition was that it was very illogical to kill a six year old girl. Either the motive was one of pure malicious evil or the killer thought it necessary to eliminate a witness to a crime. You mention BR repeatedly, so I take it you are of the BDI group. What I am discussing requires a maturity level beyond what BR had at that time.

IMO there was no reason, it was an accident.

Quote Originally Posted by Anyhoo View Post
    A lot of my posts are based on intuition, this one included. I am being careful not to point to any particular person(s) as being the killer, but my intuition was that it was very illogical to kill a six year old girl. Either the motive was one of pure malicious evil or the killer thought it necessary to eliminate a witness to a crime. You mention BR repeatedly, so I take it you are of the BDI group. What I am discussing requires a maturity level beyond what BR had at that time.
    I'm in RDI but I have no solid theory on which R was responsible. I mention BR solely because if one of the children was in danger, was the other in danger as well or was he out of the equation completely?
    I speak fluently in reaction gifs.

Quote Originally Posted by Tawny View Post
    I'm in RDI but I have no solid theory on which R was responsible. I mention BR solely because if one of the children was in danger, was the other in danger as well or was he out of the equation completely?
    Thanks Tawny. Again operating only using intuition, I do not believe BR was in any danger at all. This crime was all about JB specifically. She was the target.

Quote Originally Posted by fruity View Post
    IMO there was no reason, it was an accident.
    The strangulation was no accident. The head bash maybe, but not the strangulation. It is the combination of the head bash and the strangulation that goes against this being an accident.

We could speculate of course, and we should.
    However we should remember the findings of the GJ, which after a presentation of the evidence stated - with indictments - that the reason was that JBR was left by both parents in a dangerous situation which resulted in her death.

If she was being abused, maybe she was getting to the age where she might start talking... just speculation.

I think she'd already talked recently about the sexual violations, resulting in the headbash done in a rage, then strangulation to keep her from ever telling again, because she was not dead yet.

Quote Originally Posted by txsvicki View Post
    I think she'd already talked recently about the sexual violations, resulting in the headbash done in a rage, then strangulation to keep her from ever telling again, because she was not dead yet.
    Who do you think she had talked to about it?

She had already complained about pain when urinating, but I figure Patsy knew when the previous damage and bleeding was done, and JonBenet may have told a little friend something. She seemed like a very open and talkative child.

Quote Originally Posted by txsvicki View Post
    She had already complained about pain when urinating, but I figure Patsy knew when the previous damage and bleeding was done, and JonBenet may have told a little friend something. She seemed like a very open and talkative child.
    Wouldn't her pediatrician have known what was going on? I mean it seems like he would have known.

I don't know, but that could depend on when the actual damage was done. The ME thought at least ten days prior, but no doctor visits about pain during the last year of JonBenet's life. Maybe that's why and when they quit asking the doctor about it.

In the Federal Witness Protection Program
    Quote Originally Posted by Anyhoo View Post
    Wouldn't her pediatrician have known what was going on? I mean it seems like he would have known.
    No- her pediatrician would have no way of seeing any damage or injury unless he did an internal exam, and that would never be done in his office. He might have suspected, but he was friends with the family- belonged to the same country club and said to be somewhat in awe of them.
    Last edited by DeeDee249; 11-29-2013 at 10:32 PM.
    THIS time, we get it RIGHT!

This post is my constitutionally-protected opinion. Please do not copy or take it anywhere else.

Page 1 of 21 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast