Why was JB killed?

Anyhoo

Former Member
Reaction score
I believe JBR's death was intentional and not accidental. I think it was a matter of necessity that she die, in the mind of the killer. Why would someone think it necessary to kill a six year old girl? Because of what she knew and would undoubtedly tell if she were allowed to live. She had to die to protect a secret. This secret was more important than JB's life, even to her parents.

Would BR have been at the same risk if the motive was to keep family secrets? Or do you theorize it was something even BR did not know? Or... do you theorize it was something BR wanted to be kept secret?

ETA: "you" in this sense is a generalization, and not directed at anyone in particular :D

Would BR have been at the same risk if the motive was to keep family secrets? Or do you theorize it was something even BR did not know? Or... do you theorize it was something BR wanted to be kept secret?

ETA: "you" in this sense is a generalization, and not directed at anyone in particular :D

A lot of my posts are based on intuition, this one included. I am being careful not to point to any particular person(s) as being the killer, but my intuition was that it was very illogical to kill a six year old girl. Either the motive was one of pure malicious evil or the killer thought it necessary to eliminate a witness to a crime. You mention BR repeatedly, so I take it you are of the BDI group. What I am discussing requires a maturity level beyond what BR had at that time.

IMO there was no reason, it was an accident.

A lot of my posts are based on intuition, this one included. I am being careful not to point to any particular person(s) as being the killer, but my intuition was that it was very illogical to kill a six year old girl. Either the motive was one of pure malicious evil or the killer thought it necessary to eliminate a witness to a crime. You mention BR repeatedly, so I take it you are of the BDI group. What I am discussing requires a maturity level beyond what BR had at that time.

I'm in RDI but I have no solid theory on which R was responsible. I mention BR solely because if one of the children was in danger, was the other in danger as well or was he out of the equation completely?

I'm in RDI but I have no solid theory on which R was responsible. I mention BR solely because if one of the children was in danger, was the other in danger as well or was he out of the equation completely?

Thanks Tawny. Again operating only using intuition, I do not believe BR was in any danger at all. This crime was all about JB specifically. She was the target.

IMO there was no reason, it was an accident.

The strangulation was no accident. The head bash maybe, but not the strangulation. It is the combination of the head bash and the strangulation that goes against this being an accident.

We could speculate of course, and we should.
However we should remember the findings of the GJ, which after a presentation of the evidence stated - with indictments - that the reason was that JBR was left by both parents in a dangerous situation which resulted in her death.

If she was being abused, maybe she was getting to the age where she might start talking... just speculation.

I think she'd already talked recently about the sexual violations, resulting in the headbash done in a rage, then strangulation to keep her from ever telling again, because she was not dead yet.

I think she'd already talked recently about the sexual violations, resulting in the headbash done in a rage, then strangulation to keep her from ever telling again, because she was not dead yet.

Who do you think she had talked to about it?

She had already complained about pain when urinating, but I figure Patsy knew when the previous damage and bleeding was done, and JonBenet may have told a little friend something. She seemed like a very open and talkative child.

She had already complained about pain when urinating, but I figure Patsy knew when the previous damage and bleeding was done, and JonBenet may have told a little friend something. She seemed like a very open and talkative child.

Wouldn't her pediatrician have known what was going on? I mean it seems like he would have known.

I don't know, but that could depend on when the actual damage was done. The ME thought at least ten days prior, but no doctor visits about pain during the last year of JonBenet's life. Maybe that's why and when they quit asking the doctor about it.

Wouldn't her pediatrician have known what was going on? I mean it seems like he would have known.

No- her pediatrician would have no way of seeing any damage or injury unless he did an internal exam, and that would never be done in his office. He might have suspected, but he was friends with the family- belonged to the same country club and said to be somewhat in awe of them.

Anyhoo, Dr. Beuf and his wife attended the same church as the Ramseys, IIRC. If he suspected something, his dual relationship put him in an awkward spot.

In general, children are killed that have been sexually abused when they threaten to "tell" on the abuser. Or if there is an implication that someone will find out the dirty, dark secret.

I have often wondered whether Patsy suspected that John had begun molesting JBR, or was grooming her for that, and killed her to protect her. If Patsy's cancer returned and she died, she wouldn't be there to intervene. In the interview where Patsy says JBR would never have to suffer from cancer or know the death of a child, I wonder whether this other possibility of 'would never have to live through the nightmare of being sexually abused for years by her father' was lurking behind her words. Maybe JBR was killed not so much to protect a secret but to prevent her from living out that particular secret.

All that said, Patsy strikes me as a person with complex motives. She set great store by her Miss West Virginia title and would not have liked being replaced by this new little pageant winner daughter. Behind her words might also have been the thought, 'She'll never have to know what it's like to lose her looks and sexual vitality and her husband's interest to cancer like I did.'

from the way the Rs denied even the possibility of prior abuse, I'd say it's a safe bet to assume the prior abuse was the motive. Either to keep her from telling, or because of the reported mega JonBenet intervention-this is where I think the Rs concern for outward appearances might have come into effect. No way would they want people to know or look down on them. IMO, it seems like their family dysfunction had gotten so far out of control, that others were noticing and planning to take action. IMO, this would be really hard for a friend to do, so obviously, a group of them discussed the situation and decided to handle it together. A soon as I 1st heard about the intervention, I thought it might have played a part in PR's rage...I wondered if she heard something about it at the Ws? PR wouldn't take kindly to outsiders poking into family business, and if you think about it, the murder of JB erased the planned intervention. IMO, the rape with the paint brush was probably done to 'explain' away the prior abuse. I don't think the killer realized that examiners would be able to tell the difference. moo

I have often wondered whether Patsy suspected that John had begun molesting JBR, or was grooming her for that.[/I].'

I had read where Patsy was asked that question. I don't remember her exact words, but they were on the line of she'd never tolerate that. She also made a comment about Nedra sharing JB'e room, and anything like that would never get past her. I always wondered whether her comments about Nedra indicating maybe Nedra had had some problems if her own with her own daughters when they were young.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie
Back