TN - Student Sets Teacher on Fire

TroyinTX

Reaction score
A Tennessee high school teacher was set on fire by one of her students, cops said.

WATE reports that Gabriela Penalba, 23, turned her back to her class on Monday morning at West High School in Knoxville when a 15-year-old male student set her hair and shirt ablaze using his lighter, police said.

Students quickly put the fire out.

Gawker notes that the student allegedly "exploited the commotion" by throwing the lighter out the window and fleeing before being captured by police.

The quick thinking of her students helped Penalba avoid any burns, according to WBIR.

The student faces aggravated assault and evading arrest charges.

His name has not been released because he's a minor and has not been charged as an adult.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/...fire_n_4356616.html?ncid=txtlnkusaolp00000592

Have to say I'm very proud of the other students for doing the right thing. Why in the world did this boy do this though? Had she reprimanded him, given him a bad grade, or?

Have to say I'm very proud of the other students for doing the right thing. Why in the world did this boy do this though? Had she reprimanded him, given him a bad grade, or?

I wonder about that. It could also be he may had some discipline issues.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AlternativeLuck
Back