Black Friday Chaos & Insanity

Blondie in Spokane

Reaction score
I absolutely cannot believe that Black Friday has come to this. Shoppers are being stunned, stabbed, shot and attacked. This is absolutely frightening. If it's this bad now what in God's name will people be doing to each other next year, two years from now, etc. All this chaos in the name of bargains?

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...row-parking-space-shoplifter-SHOT-police.html

"Just when you thought Black Friday brawls couldn't get any more shocking!"

"Watch woman use a 'STUN GUN' during fight in day of violence across America"

"The rush for Black Friday bargains has resulted in outbreaks of violence as shoppers clash over reduced price goods"

"Police in Virginia have reporting a stabbing incident after two men got into a fight in the car park over a space"

"In Las Vegas, thief shot shopper in his leg and stole his television, while cops in Chicago shot a man as he scuffled with a police officer"

"Shoppers cutting in line sparked a Black Friday Brawl at another Walmart"

"Several clips have already appeared on YouTube of the carnage at various Walmart stores"

This is exactly why I stay home on Black Friday! There is just no sense in the way people act.

This is exactly why I stay home on Black Friday! There is just no sense in the way people act.

Didn't go anywhere today either....just stayed at home cleaning and doing the Christmas decorations.

:D

I went to one store today for a particular item. There was a mother who dragged her estimated 3 and 4 year old daughters with her, and was then yelling at them to keep up and stop touching things. I was so angry, and felt so sorry for those little girls. So many people have no common sense, it's astounding.

I think the media plays this up massively. There is petty crime over dumb things like parking lot spaces every day of the year. I was out and about a lot today, including target, and I never heard so much as a raised voice.

I shopped today... for a rental home!

There is no way on this green earth you could drag me kicking and screaming from my house to go anywhere remotely retail on Black Friday. Nope nope nope.

I work at Wal-Mart and it is DANGEROUS!!!! I heard another one of our workers in New York was trampled to death......AGAIN! Tired of losing co-workers. And worry because I am a position expected to control the chaos. Stepped between two men fist fighting over a television a few years ago.....pathetic at my age.

Here's another one:

Driver shot dragging Chicago-area police officer

http://www.usnews.com/news/us/articles/2013/11/29/police-officer-dragged-near-chicago-area-store

CHICAGO (AP) — A suburban Chicago police officer was released from a hospital Friday after being dragged by a car driven by fleeing Thanksgiving Day shoplifting suspects, one of whom was charged with attempted murder.

Another police officer fired at the 52-year-old driver, who remained hospitalized with a gunshot wound to his arm following the Thursday night incident at a Kohl's department store in Romeoville, the Romeoville Police Department said in a statement. The suburb is about 30 miles southwest of Chicago.........

Since I'm retired, thank goodness I don't have to shop after work or the weekend anymore. I make a point to go early enough, before people are off work, even to the gro. store.

My daughter spotted two friends further up in a walmart tv line, so joined them. She said she really got glared at by a few people, but no fights.

I work at Wal-Mart and it is DANGEROUS!!!! I heard another one of our workers in New York was trampled to death......AGAIN! Tired of losing co-workers. And worry because I am a position expected to control the chaos. Stepped between two men fist fighting over a television a few years ago.....pathetic at my age.

I'd be afraid to go to work on Black Friday.

Don't they ask for volunteers or do they just say, 'you're working'?

retail stores need to do a better job of preventing/controlling this

I'm annoyed because I'm Canadian and yet there were Black Friday sales at our stores too

not only that but they started it early at one Walmart here - at 6 p.m. Thursday

people were already beginning to act like idiots and I made sure I got the heck outta there prior to 6 p.m.

I'd much rather be safe and sane(!) than save money on a bunch of crap no one needs anyway

I did some shopping at Kohl's on monday and wednesday eve. before Thanksgiving.They still had good deals and I had my coupon.On wed. eve they had everything restocked and ready to go I wanted to go before everything got picked through.I still earned some Kohl's cash.

Shopping online is much safer :D

I have shopped online and went to walmart on Thanksgiving black thursday. I walked out from Walmart with 3 32" LED TV's for the price of one regularly + a 16 megapixel camera all for under $400.

It was chaos for an hour and elbow to elbow but me and my riot gear survived.

I absolutely cannot believe that Black Friday has come to this. Shoppers are being stunned, stabbed, shot and attacked. This is absolutely frightening. If it's this bad now what in God's name will people be doing to each other next year, two years from now, etc. All this chaos in the name of bargains?

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...row-parking-space-shoplifter-SHOT-police.html

"Just when you thought Black Friday brawls couldn't get any more shocking!"

"Watch woman use a 'STUN GUN' during fight in day of violence across America"

"The rush for Black Friday bargains has resulted in outbreaks of violence as shoppers clash over reduced price goods"

"Police in Virginia have reporting a stabbing incident after two men got into a fight in the car park over a space"

"In Las Vegas, thief shot shopper in his leg and stole his television, while cops in Chicago shot a man as he scuffled with a police officer"

"Shoppers cutting in line sparked a Black Friday Brawl at another Walmart"

"Several clips have already appeared on YouTube of the carnage at various Walmart stores"

BBM Those types will probably be "purging" each other, like in the movie The Purge The premise of the movie is that once a year, for a twelve hour period, all criminal activity becomes legal.

Sort of, kind of kidding.

I don't go for fear of copycat mall shootings! And, there are really no great deals as far as I am concerned.

Such craziness and downright violence and thievery. It's just insane that stores promote this craziness and allow it year after year. People have died, been seriously injured and people put their lives on the line for saving money. It's just not worth it. No way, no how.

Our society is really falling to pieces.

If these folks are willing to fight and shoot each other to save on flat screen TVs and x boxes can anyone imagine what they would do if they needed food?

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie
Back