1238 users online (201 members and 1037 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

AL - Armed customer shoots armed robber holding an employee at gun point

18 year old with a record for robbery holds up a store and has a gun to an employee's head. Armed customer walks in, sees what's going on and shoots the criminal. He didn't kill him, but I'm not sure that was on purpose.

But here's where it gets all 2013'ish. The criminal's family says the customer had no business shooting him since there wasn't a gun to HIS head. He just should have gone out to his car and left. You have to listen to the video of the family member talking on the phone. It sounds like she said that with a straight face. To hell in a handbasket, I tell ya'.

A family member who did not want to be identified said White should have never been shot to begin with.

“If his (the customer) life was not in danger, if no one had a gun up to him, if no one pointed a gun at him - what gives him the right to think that it's okay to just shoot someone?” said the relative. “You should have just left the store and went wherever you had to go in your car or whatever.”

FOX10 had interviewed White’s parents but they later called and demanded the video not be aired.

Court records show that White was out on bond for robbing The Original Oyster House at gunpoint a little more than a month before the Family Dollar robbery.

http://www.fox10tv.com/news/local/mo...good-samaritan

eta: I can't edit the title. He was holding an employee, not a customer, at gunpoint. Not that it makes any difference, imo. Maybe a mod can edit for me?
    Last edited by LambChop; 11-30-2013 at 08:35 AM.

So much for defending the life of yourself or someone else, according to that relative. ppfftt I hope they realized they inserted their foot in their mouth.
    FOX10 had interviewed White’s parents but they later called and demanded the video not be aired.

This customer is a hero in my book.

Any criminal with a gun is endangering the lives of anyone around him. It only takes a second for that criminal to point and fire at the customer. Idk what state this is in but in NC and many other laws you can protect someone's life with a gun just as you can your own.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by danzn16 View Post
    Any criminal with a gun is endangering the lives of anyone around him. It only takes a second for that criminal to point and fire at the customer. Idk what state this is in but in NC and many other laws you can protect someone's life with a gun just as you can your own.

It's in Alabama and the customer isn't being charged. It was the family's attitude that floored me!

Quote Originally Posted by popsicle View Post
    So much for defending the life of yourself or someone else, according to that relative. ppfftt I hope they realized they inserted their foot in their mouth.

This customer is a hero in my book.
    My guess would be that they lawyered up. Just a hunch, though.

Quote Originally Posted by danzn16 View Post

Anyone who threatens with a gun is a threat to everyone in the store. Had the man turned to leave he could have been shot in the back with the gunman thinking he was about to alert the police. This man did shoot in self-defense. I can't see it any other way than he had no choice but to take the matter into his own hands if he felt threatened with death. In this case there was very little difference between the man and a police officer who would have done the same thing, only the criminal probably would have been dead. It could have been worse so his family should be grateful it turned out as it did. jmo

Really?

Attempting armed robbery at a Dollar Store?

Mensa Club will revoke his membership.
    And his family members making those comments to media too.

JM2cts.

[end sarc, pls carry on]
    Last edited by al66pine; 11-30-2013 at 03:14 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by al66pine View Post
    Attempting armed robbery at a Dollar Store?

Mensa Club will revoke his membership.
    And his family members making those comments to media too.

JM2cts.

[end sarc, pls carry on]
    LOL It wasn't actually a dollar store. It was the Family Dollar.

This whole family sounds like a bunch of brain surgeons!

Quote Originally Posted by LambChop View Post
    Anyone who threatens with a gun is a threat to everyone in the store. Had the man turned to leave he could have been shot in the back with the gunman thinking he was about to alert the police.
    Shooting to protect a human life qualifies under the a law.

defense of self or other. pretty sure a store employee with a gun at his head qualifies as other.

As to the family member of criminal and those comments. Apple tree fall not far. Just saying. Morons beget morons.
    Websleuths now on Facebook

Welcome to all new members. Thank you for joining the conversation. Please take a moment to become familiar with the TOS and rules, etiquette and information.

mni wiconi - Lakota for Water is Life.

Quote Originally Posted by LambChop View Post
    Anyone who threatens with a gun is a threat to everyone in the store. Had the man turned to leave he could have been shot in the back with the gunman thinking he was about to alert the police. This man did shoot in self-defense. I can't see it any other way than he had no choice but to take the matter into his own hands if he felt threatened with death. In this case there was very little difference between the man and a police officer who would have done the same thing, only the criminal probably would have been dead. It could have been worse so his family should be grateful it turned out as it did. jmo
    Thanks for editing my subject line

Quote Originally Posted by Karmady View Post
    Thanks for editing my subject line
    Your welcome.

Quote Originally Posted by Sonya610 View Post
    Shooting to protect a human life qualifies under the a law.
    Some states even allow protection of property with deadly force.
    Sounds to me like the alleged perp shouldn't have been out on bond to begin with.
    Just my opinion

The way things go these days, this family probably thought by getting this publicity, they'd have lawyers clamoring at their door to represent them in a civil suit against the customer and most likely even the store. OTOH, they may have had the defendants lawyer contact them instead, telling them to 'sit down and shut up!' as he was already on bond for the same type of previous behavior.

It would really be a ironic if a family member was arrested for giving the guy his gun!

fran

I'm glad someone stopped this thieving POS from killing an innocent person - relative's opinions be damned.

My opinion only

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast