810 users online (75 members and 735 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Katherine Huether, 24, March 2010, Skamania County, WA

Just found Katherine's original WS Missing/Found Deceased thread and wanted to link it here:

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...herine+Huether
    Last edited by Backwoods; 12-29-2013 at 04:43 AM. Reason: correct state in title

Quote Originally Posted by Backwoods View Post
    Just found Katherine's original WS Missing/Found Deceased thread and wanted to link it here:

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...herine+Huether
    Remember keys said he made it look like an accident. There would be no need to check for foul play. Plus it seems from the stories and websleuths posters weren't sure she actually fell. I sent it over to the Fbi to check out. Were see what they say.

Quote Originally Posted by jkloc420 View Post
    Remember keys said he made it look like an accident. There would be no need to check for foul play. Plus it seems from the stories and websleuths posters weren't sure she actually fell. I sent it over to the Fbi to check out. Were see what they say.
    Oh, I AGREE with you that this is a good case to check, glad you sent it in!

Yes, there were several things that stood out in the original WS thread that had made posters very suspicious -- her dog not being with her (I found that out, as I read on) when she normally took the dog hiking; cell phone left in car; credit card receipt found far from body-recovery site; and the feeling that this hike, at this time of day, etc., was not one an experienced hiker like Katherine would have chosen.

It looks like many had a somewhat specific POI in mind but then when her body was found on the mountain (many thought she would not be there) and coroner said it was an accident, it was settled, in the minds of many. IK was not on anybody's radar at the time, of course.

I would like to find out IF there was a full autopsy -- found coverage going back and forth: yes, there will be -- wait, no there won't -- wait, it's changed again ... but never a final answer. I hope maybe there was one. I read somewhere that K.'s parents planned to have her cremated; if they did, it would be too late now. So much could have been covered up by a staged fall!

For those who haven't read the Missing thread: The day she disappeared was her 24th birthday!

It would be interesting if they circulating a pic of IR if anyone would say hey that guy looks familiar. I'll let you know what the FBI says if I get a response back.

I still think of Shantina Smiley and her son, Azriel Carver (the 8 yr old son appeared to have drowned, and Shantina was never found)/

Quote Originally Posted by SMK View Post
    I still think of Shantina Smiley and her son, Azriel Carver (the 8 yr old son appeared to have drowned, and Shantina was never found)/
    Does not fit timeline. She was last seen March 13, 2010. Keyes returned to Alaska March 10.

http://www.fbi.gov/anchorage/press-r...g-israel-keyes

Quote Originally Posted by gtm View Post
    Does not fit timeline. She was last seen March 13, 2010. Keyes returned to Alaska March 10.

Wow. That is disturbing to realize, as I had become positive Shantina Smiley and her son had met up with Keyes. It even makes sense regarding the way the van was found, the way her purse was missing. I wonder if there could be any way he returned to WA on March 13, without leaving any record of it. If not, then I am baffled. Thanks, tho, for the info.

gtm, are you stating that IK returned to Alaska on March 10 based on the timeline that you linked?

Reason I ask: That timeline does not state that. In that same timeline, there ARE time segments for which it is noted IK's location was Alaska, but not in March 2010.

But maybe you are basing his returning to Alaska at that time on a different source -- another timeline, etc.?

gtm, are you stating that IK returned to Alaska on March 10 based on the timeline that you linked?

Reason I ask: That timeline does not state that. In that same timeline, there ARE time segments for which it is noted IK's location was Alaska, but not in March 2010.

But maybe you are basing his returning to Alaska at that time on a different source -- another timeline, etc.?
    We should keep this to one thread. I have seen this misinterpretation of the FBI timeline many times on this aboard. Times not stated are when he was accounted for by jobs, witnesses, receipts, etc.

Because I am not FBI, I do not know exactly what he did March 11- April 23, but he was in Alaska (i.e.-not traveling) and working. That is what he spent most of his time doing.

We do not know what he did every hour and day, but he probably did not commit major crimes close to home until that one that got him caught.

We should keep this to one thread. I have seen this misinterpretation of the FBI timeline many times on this aboard. Times not stated are when he was accounted for by jobs, witnesses, receipts, etc.

Because I am not FBI, I do not know exactly what he did March 11- April 23, but he was in Alaska (i.e.-not traveling) and working. That is what he spent most of his time doing.

We do not know what he did every hour and day, but he probably did not commit major crimes close to home until that one that got him caught.
    Thanks for replying and I agree, it's best to keep this type of discussion to one thread, when possible.

I don't see, however, how you can label what I've said about the timeline/s as "misinterpretation" so freely. JMO, it is plenty open to discussion, because it is confusing to have FBI timelines out there that conflict, with no statement from FBI saying "disregard earlier timelines".

About what I've bolded in your post: I ask again, how do you know this (that he was in Alaska)?

I understand that there are probably intervals when he WAS in Alaska -- and yes, this could have been one of them -- for which the FBI timelines do not note that specifically. I also think, though, that we can't safely assume that EVERY unlabeled time period means he was in Alaska during that time. I think it is very possible there were, as late as August 2013, periods for which the FBI still did not KNOW where he had been -- in fact, I'm guessing there still are.
    Last edited by Backwoods; 03-26-2014 at 08:42 PM. Reason: change wording a bit

Thanks for replying and I agree, it's best to keep this type of discussion to one thread, when possible.

I don't see, however, how you can label what I've said about the timeline/s as "misinterpretation" so freely. JMO, it is plenty open to discussion, because it is confusing to have FBI timelines out there that conflict, with no statement from FBI saying "disregard earlier timelines".

About what I've bolded in your post: I ask again, how do you know this (that he was in Alaska)?

I understand that there are probably intervals when he WAS in Alaska -- and yes, this could have been one of them -- for which the FBI timelines do not note that specifically. I also think, though, that we can't safely assume that EVERY unlabeled time period means he was in Alaska during that time. I think it is very possible there were, as late as August 2013, periods for which the FBI still did not KNOW where he had been -- in fact, I'm guessing there still are.
    I have followed this case closely since the beginning. The "missing times" have been explained by the FBI as such (but I have no reference to point you to).

They are focused on times he was traveling because of his statements and because MOST of his time is accounted for, especially since 2007, when he moved to Alaska.

1) He lived and worked in Anchorage for multiple clients, had a daughter in school and a lived with a girlfriend.

2) Since 9/11, and even before, you cannot fly or rent a car without records and ID. You cannot drive through Canada in less than 3 days and there are records of every border crossing.

I suppose he could have committed crimes in Alaska, but there are no unsolved murders that fit. Like all states, there are lots of missing persons.

I have followed this case closely since the beginning. The "missing times" have been explained by the FBI as such (but I have no reference to point you to).

They are focused on times he was traveling because of his statements and because MOST of his time is accounted for, especially since 2007, when he moved to Alaska.

1) He lived and worked in Anchorage for multiple clients, had a daughter in school and a lived with a girlfriend.

2) Since 9/11, and even before, you cannot fly or rent a car without records and ID. You cannot drive through Canada in less than 3 days and there are records of every border crossing.

I suppose he could have committed crimes in Alaska, but there are no unsolved murders that fit. Like all states, there are lots of missing persons.
    I also have followed this case closely.

I still do not think we can safely "assume" that every unlabeled time period means he was in Alaska.

We will leave it that way, if you will, and have two pairs of eyes seeing just "little bit different" possibilities.

In other ways about the timeline/s, we seem to have on much the same pair of spectacles (I see after reading what you posted in the other thread about one not negating the other)...so I am glad to encounter you!

I also have followed this case closely.

I still do not think we can safely "assume" that every unlabeled time period means he was in Alaska.

We will leave it that way, if you will, and have two pairs of eyes seeing just "little bit different" possibilities.

In other ways about the timeline/s, we seem to have on much the same pair of spectacles (I see after reading what you posted in the other thread about one not negating the other)...so I am glad to encounter you!
    All I can say is that I know that much effort was put into that timeline. Way too much to leave out possible crime dates in the lower 48.

Many people have been interviewed multiple times to verify it. It is really the FBI's only hope. They cannot take the word of a murderer, rapist, arsonist, bank robber, thief; so anything Keyes said was is not enough to be included without verification.

This case is backwards. It is not following a trail of evidence from a certain crime, it is trying to backtrack and find crimes along an unknown trail. If you have concerns about a specific date, you might try contacting the Anchorage FBI office.

Of course, then you might be a suspect so make sure you can account for yourself!
    Last edited by gtm; 03-26-2014 at 10:20 PM. Reason: afterthought

All I can say is that I know that much effort was put into that timeline. Way too much to leave out possible crime dates in the lower 48.

Many people have been interviewed multiple times to verify it. It is really the FBI's only hope. They cannot take the word of a murderer, rapist, arsonist, bank robber, thief; so anything Keyes said was is not enough to be included without verification.

This case is backwards. It is not following a trail of evidence from a certain crime, it is trying to backtrack and find crimes along an unknown trail. If you have concerns about a specific date, you might try contacting the Anchorage FBI office.

Of course, then you might be a suspect so make sure you can account for yourself!
    We are in general agreement here. My only addition would be -- I do think it is possible there still are times for which LE does not know where he was.

http://www.adirondackdailyenterprise....html?nav=5008

"Jeremy Quinn died as a result of multiple traumatic injuries that we have deemed accidental," said Troop B State Police Bureau of Criminal Investigation Capt. Robert LaFountain at a news conference held at the Keene Town Hall on Thursday afternoon. "It did not appear to be a natural death. He died of traumatic injury to the body, sustained falling from a cliff. We believe that he died the morning he disappeared. There was no evidence of any assault. There is no evidence as to why he was at that location.

Questions like, "How did he make that trek by any route and not be seen?" or "Why would he walk when it would have been far easier to drive?" or "Why would he go there, especially having left a message that he'd be just a half hour late for work?" formed in people's minds and quickly were voiced.

"I don't buy for a minute that he walked all the way over there on his own steam," said Donna Combs, voicing the sentiments of many.

"I'm not convinced," said town Supervisor Bill Ferebee. "I'm doubting the fall theory. My question is, how did he get from the truck to the cliff? I'm glad that they found him. I am glad they found the gun. That will help the family find closure. But I am not convinced that they are convinced.

It was brought up on this thread.. http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...-m-thinking-of

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast