'Scunthorpe fans asked not to dress as squirrels for Alan Knill return' - Guardian

wfgodot

Former Member
Reaction score
Scunthorpe fans asked not to dress as squirrels for Alan Knill return
• Former Scunthorpe manager injured in crash with rodent
• 'I was flying through the air – I could have died,' he says
---
It will be Knill's first return to Glanford Park in League Two since he was sacked in October 2012 and there has been speculation in the local press as to how he will be received.

One fan tweeted the club to ask: "Will anyone wearing any 'squirrel attire' be banned from entering the ground on Saturday?"

Scunthorpe United's twitter account replied: "No you won't be banned. However, the club would prefer it if you didn't dress up in 'squirrel attire'."
more at both links, with pictures, and a video at Deadspin's

The Best Squirrel-Related Headline Of The Week. (Deadspin)
---
If you come across the headline "Scunthorpe fans asked not to dress as squirrels for Alan Knill return" tell me you're not clicking on that story. You are definitely clicking on that story. Why would people be dressing up as squirrels? Where do you get stuff to dress up as squirrels? Is dressing up like a squirrel a common thing in England?
---
Do people just go around dressing up as squirrels and officials have begun to take preventative measures?

You're clicking on that story.
---

For related "persons dressed as animals in UK" story, also see:

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=210993"]UK - Far-right extremists chased through London streets by women dressed as badgers - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community[/ame]

Ah, the heck with it; I'll bump this just because.

roflmao -- how about everyone showing up with toy squirrels on a stick?? would that be taboo?

Is Knill claiming the squirrel was at fault? Were there any witnesses to the crash, such as other squirrels? And did the squirrel involved in the crash survive?

It will be interesting to see whether real squirrels show up at the ballpark to protest.

roflmao -- how about everyone showing up with toy squirrels on a stick?? would that be taboo?
Squirrels on a stick? They're being sold at the concession stand. Would you like yours with mustard?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Countrygirlwv
Back