Found Deceased MN - Kevin Casserly, 22, Anoka, 11 Nov 2013

JezyUn

Reaction score
971456_632208000173906_721430173_n.jpg

Authorities are searching for a 22-year-old Anoka man who was last seen more than two weeks ago and who is believed to be dead.

The Minnesota Bureau of Criminal Apprehension issued a missing-person alert early Saturday for Kevin Casserly. He was last heard from Nov. 11, said Casserly's sister, Alexandra.

On Saturday, search parties of up to 120 people scoured parks and wooded areas in the Anoka area, as well as the Coon Rapids Dam, the Anoka County Fairgrounds, Greenhaven Golf Course in Anoka and along the Mississippi and Rum rivers.

"It's not a search to look for evidence," Alexandra Casserly, 25, said. "They are looking for Kevin; it's a body search."

The BCA said Kevin Casserly's car was found in Anoka, which his sister said was at a location not far from his apartment. She said police told her the keys were not in the car.

Casserly called his mom Nov. 11 saying he had the flu and had called in sick to work. He was last seen the following morning at 7:30 a.m., although his sister said detectives didn't give her any further details about who he was with or who saw him.
Casserly has multiple convictions, including four felonies, according to the BCA. His sister said he previously used methamphetamine but "he has been staying on the clear and narrow."

On Nov. 12, Casserly's mother went to his apartment, where he lives alone, to check on him, Alexandra Casserly said. His mom found his apartment door slightly open and all of his belongings intact, including his cellphone and wallet. A $20 bill was on the kitchen table.

"He left his paycheck at work and things he could pawn at home," his sister said. "A lot of things don't make sense."

She said Casserly doesn't own any weapons and "nothing right now has led us to believe he's having a relapse."

Casserly works as a materials handler and trainer at Lakeland Tool & Engineering in Anoka. He was excited about recently being promoted, his sister said.

"It's kind of a tough time," said Casserly's grandmother, Esther Chrzanak.

Casserly has a 6-year-old son and 4-year-old daughter who live with Chrzanak.

"They don't know anything about (his disappearance)," she said.
The children's 24-year-old mother is a recovering addict, Alexandra Casserly said, and is not as involved in their life as their father is.

She said Kevin Casserly didn't want his children to fall prone to his past habits, so he took them to dance and karate lessons three times a week.

"To just disappear like this ... he wouldn't do it," she said. "He wouldn't disappear without checking in on his kids."

Another search party is being organized for Sunday. Searchers will walk along East River Road and along the Mississippi, as well as north into the Fridley and Blaine areas, Alexandra Casserly said. Details will be posted on the "Help Find Kevin Casserly" Facebook page.

Casserly is Caucasian, with brown hair and brown eyes. He is 6 feet 1 inch tall, weighs 140 to 160 pounds and has a chipped front tooth. He often wears a baseball hat with a silver chain.

The BCA is working with Anoka police to find Casserly. Anyone with information on his whereabouts is asked to call police at 763-427-1212.

https://www.facebook.com/RapidsSAR/posts/632208020173904:0

I'm curious why everyone (or just LE?) seems to think he's dead?

I'm curious why everyone (or just LE?) seems to think he's dead?

I was just wondering the same thing...there had to be something to lead them to think this...did they find something suspicious in his car, his apartment, on video somewhere? I have a friend that lives in Anoka, haven't talked to her in a few years and when I first saw the name "Kevin" in this thread title, my heart almost sank. Her son is named Kevin but he's in his mid 30s now I think. I pray they are wrong and Kevin Casserly is not dead. Those children need their father.

The assumed dead thing seemed to come from family not LE. Maybe it's just family assuming something had to of happened because he wouldnt just cut out?

I am close to this case...what is being said is that there are people of interest being investigated. The children's mother was/is dating a man who is in the violent motorcycle club called "Themadones". The mother of the children also has an infant from this other guy. Apparently, the mother took the kids trick or treating with Kevin last Halloween. The other guy wasn't happy about it. The mother was at my mother-in-law's house a few weeks ago and this known criminal/potential murderer showed up and demanded to see his daughter. While he was there, he asked the kids' grandmother (after a heated argument) "How is your son-in-law, have you found him yet? I made sure you would never find the body". The kids' mother is now putting a restraining order on this guy and he is the #1 person of interest. But without a body, there most likely will never be an arrest or conviction. It is a case of jealousy...such a tragedy...

Family, Friends Plan Prayer and Vigil for Missing Anoka Man -

A candlelight vigil will be held for a 22-year-old man who went missing from Anoka in November. The Minnesota Bureau of Criminal Apprehension issued a missing-person alert for Kevin Casserly. The BCA says his vehicle was later found in Anoka.

Friends and family are planning to walk around Anoka, Saturday, March 8. A prayer and candlelight vigil starts at 5:45 p.m., according to a Facebook page set up to find Casserly.

http://kstp.com/article/stories/s3339836.shtml

I wonder if someone cold freezing climbed inside out of desperation?

That's a possibility I hadn't thought of. The owner apparently said the door was broken, so maybe the person damaged it when climbing in, and the owner didn't see the feet when he looked at it.

Previous renter? Random disposal? Somebody the owner wanted to dispose of?

p.s. love your avatar :)

That's a possibility I hadn't thought of. The owner apparently said the door was broken, so maybe the person damaged it when climbing in, and the owner didn't see the feet when he looked at it.

Previous renter? Random disposal? Somebody the owner wanted to dispose of?

p.s. love your avatar :)

I find it quite suspicious that the owner said not to look in the compartment.

When I read this the movie Hangover came to mind. Can you imagine his friends when he said there's a body in there? Seriously, guys at a bachelor party???? This is more bizarre then the one a couple weeks ago with the deep freezer in the closed down auto repair shop in LA.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Greer∆
Back