1259 users online (211 members and 1048 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 2 of 67 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 52 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Amber29 View Post
    Did you read the post I replied to?
    Thank you, I did. It doesn't say there was no 12:47 call, to the contrary.

Yes and lawyers do exactly just this ALL the time in every trial Ive watched. It's a lawyers job, as it was Amanda's lawyers job to object or to attempt to rehab her on this when it was their turn. Did this happen?
    No it didn't. Her lawyers totally let her down about it and failed to notice the game Comodi was playing, I agree.

However it's not that bad because the point Comodi scored with the false timing of the call is worthless in front of any objective court.
    In fact it exposes the prosecution as the dirty players who resort to tricks and falsehoods instead of presenting a solid case with solid evidence.

Quote Originally Posted by DerKritiker2011 View Post
    I mean, the first call which was at 12:00. At this time, the broken window wasn't discovered. A telephone call described by the prosecutors ("nothing occured") within the trial doesn't exists.

The first telephone call was AFTER the broken window was discovered and in this case Mrs Knox had a great reason calling her mother. It is nothing abnormal with this call at 12:47.
    The abnormal thing is Amanda has no memory making this call! It was 88secs and she has no memory of it. Edda even felt the need to ask her about it. That is the issue.

12 or 12:47, either way amanda can not explain a call she does not remember.

The abnormal thing is Amanda has no memory making this call!
    In what sense is it abnormal? Looks absolutely normal to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Katody View Post
    Thank you, I did. It doesn't say there was no 12:47 call, to the contrary.

No it didn't. Her lawyers totally let her down about it and failed to notice the game Comodi was playing, I agree.

However it's not that bad because the point Comodi scored with the false timing of the call is worthless in front of any objective court.
    In fact it exposes the prosecution as the dirty players who resort to tricks and falsehoods instead of presenting a solid case with solid evidence.
    Do you not agree that this happens in courtrooms every day? Lawyers take words completely out of context or leave out known facts to get the answer they want from the witness. It is one of the reasons for yes or no questions and not allowing answers past that.

In what sense is it abnormal? Looks absolutely normal to me.
    Please quote my entire post, you are doing what lawyers do and attempting to trap me in my words by not quoting everything I said.

I answered this question in my post. IMO

Do you not agree that this happens in courtrooms every day? Lawyers take words completely out of context or leave out known facts to get the answer they want from the witness. It is one of the reasons for yes or no questions and not allowing answers past that.
    Reading the transcripts it's evident that is not the case in Italian court.

Please quote my entire post, you are doing what lawyers do and attempting to trap me in my words by not quoting everything I said.

I answered this question in my post. IMO
    You only wrote it was 88 seconds long. Is this all of the reasons for her to remember it?

It's a lawyers job, as it was Amanda's lawyers job to object or to attempt to rehab her on this when it was their turn. .
    In your mind, the outcome of a trial is only depended if the lawyer makes a good or bad job.

Is it justice?

NO

It's a great mystery with this phone call.

On trial Mrs Knox didn't remember a phone call at 12:00 and also the logs of the phone calls doesn't contain a call to her mother at 12:00. The first phone call to her mother was taken at 12:47 after the broken window was discovered.

My theory: The "first" phone call was fiction.
    Well, her mother did recall it in a recorded jail conversation. So there was NO record of this first call having been made? Didn't the prosecution say to Knox on cross-examination that they did have such a record? This is the case of the disappearing facts and evidence.....I can't keep up with all these changes.
    Otto, help?

Reading the transcripts it's evident that is not the case in Italian court.
    You are right but it doesn't change the point I was making about lawyers getting answers from witnesses. I gave that as an example.

In your mind, the outcome of a trial is only depended if the lawyer makes a good or bad job.

Is it justice?

NO
    Did I say that? We are discussing ONE thing, did I also say I don't think this call makes her guilty?

You are right but it doesn't change the point I was making about lawyers getting answers from witnesses. I gave that as an example.
    In theory a prosecutor in Italian court is there to find the truth, not to win the conviction by tricks and falsehoods.

Of course you're right that the latter took place in Massei's court, unfortunately.

Thanks. People do this? Hard to believe considering the phone records have been posted online for years.

I remember Comodi and Massei introduced a lot of confusion by stating the phone call took place exactly at 12:00 and asking Amanda to hypothesize about it's contents.
    When we know the correct time it clarifies a lot because it places the call in the context of unfolding events.
    I see, so you think Amanda would "recall better" if she knew the call was at precisely 12:47 pm, rather than say.....12:31pm?

If she has such a good memory that she can recall things according to what minute of the hour if occurred, then please elaborate as to why she couldn't remember the contents of her "first phone call" with her mother?
    Now my philosophy is that it's never okay to kill someone. -- Convicted Murderer Jodi Arias

Quote Originally Posted by SMK View Post
    Well, her mother did recall it in a recorded jail conversation. So there was NO record of this first call having been made? Didn't the prosecution say to Knox on cross-examination that they did have such a record? This is the case of the disappearing facts and evidence.....I can't keep up with all these changes.
    Otto, help?
    It's quite simple. There never was any 12:00 call to Seattle. There is no record of it and the prosecution presented no such record.

When Comodi said that she has a record of such call she wasn't being truthful.

Quote Originally Posted by aa9511 View Post
    I see, so you think Amanda would "recall better" if she knew the call was at precisely 12:47 pm, rather than say.....12:31pm?
    Not at all, I'm afraid you misunderstood my post.

Page 2 of 67 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 52 ... LastLast