1415 users online (256 members and 1159 guests)  


Websleuths News


Page 3 of 67 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 53 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 45 of 1002
  1. #31
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    1,308
    Quote Originally Posted by Katody View Post
    You only wrote it was 88 seconds long. Is this all of the reasons for her to remember it?
    This is my answer

    The 12:47 call to Edda was 88secs long, amanda has no memory of making it.

    Her testimony is her first call was to tell Edda about Meredith being discovered. This is not true.

    I think it's abnormal that amanda has no memory of the call and her mother questioned her about it too.

    You obviously think it's normal and I disagree, it's ok we can agree to disagree.

  2. #32
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    6,639
    Quote Originally Posted by SMK View Post
    Well, her mother did recall it in a recorded jail conversation. So there was NO record of this first call having been made? Didn't the prosecution say to Knox on cross-examination that they did have such a record? This is the case of the disappearing facts and evidence.....I can't keep up with all these changes.
    Otto, help?
    SMK, you have seen the list of the phone calls many times on here, I'm sure. You know there were phone calls to her mother.

    First phone call means the FIRST phone call to her mother from that list of phone calls.

    As in, if you make a separate list of Amanda's calls during that day of calls ONLY to her mother......and then you take the FIRST call off of that "mother call" list.

    I don't see what is so complicated about this.

    And Amanda should not have been confused as to what the meaning of the word FIRST is. Unless people now claim that she didn't know English either.

    Is this a "translation" issue? Did Amanda need an English translator to translate the meaning of the word FIRST for her in her own language??

    I see now that the whole "Amanda didn't speak Italian" argument is just EXCUSES because I see now that people are also claiming that she didn't speak English, either.
    Now my philosophy is that it's never okay to kill someone. -- Convicted Murderer Jodi Arias

  3. #33
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Wilmington, NC
    Posts
    600

    dishonest

    Quote Originally Posted by Amber29 View Post
    Do you not agree that this happens in courtrooms every day? Lawyers take words completely out of context or leave out known facts to get the answer they want from the witness. It is one of the reasons for yes or no questions and not allowing answers past that.
    What Comodi did went a step further and actually misstated the time of the call. In addition, does anyone believe that Comodi was unaware that on that date the time difference between Perugia and Seattle was 8, not 9, hours? I don't; Comodi went beyond what an honest lawyer would do, not once but twice.

  4. #34
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    6,639
    Quote Originally Posted by SMK View Post
    Well, her mother did recall it in a recorded jail conversation. So there was NO record of this first call having been made? Didn't the prosecution say to Knox on cross-examination that they did have such a record? This is the case of the disappearing facts and evidence.....I can't keep up with all these changes.
    Otto, help?
    Also, there is only disappearing facts and evidence if people are allowed to delete or distort those facts and that evidence.
    Now my philosophy is that it's never okay to kill someone. -- Convicted Murderer Jodi Arias

  5. #35
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    1,308
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris_Halkides View Post
    What Comodi did went a step further and actually misstated the time of the call. Does anyone seriously believe that Comodi was unaware that on that date the time difference between Perugia and Seattle was 8, not 9, hours? Comodi went beyond what an honest lawyer would do.
    I disagree with you. I think as I've said that IF she had memory of the FIRST call she could've easily corrected MC.

    Is it not true that amanda Testified that her FIRST call was to tell her mother about Meredith being discovered? Was that the 12:47 call?

    I love that amanda having no memory of first call is the prosecutors fault...that is the problem with this whole case. It's always someone else's fault, never amanda herself.

  6. #36
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Posts
    1,073
    Quote Originally Posted by Amber29 View Post
    This is my answer

    The 12:47 call to Edda was 88secs long, amanda has no memory of making it.

    Her testimony is her first call was to tell Edda about Meredith being discovered. This is not true.

    I think it's abnormal that amanda has no memory of the call and her mother questioned her about it too.

    You obviously think it's normal and I disagree, it's ok we can agree to disagree.
    Thank you. Amanda made a lot of phone calls in the short succession before the discovery of the body. She made a lot of calls after it. many of them were with her mother and the family in Seattle and elsewhere. Add to that the obvious shock and stress from the events.
    It is normal she wouldn't recall all of it perfectly many weeks later. When her mother asked her about it she was in jail and had a lot of troubles on her head.

    When Comodi asked it it was two years after the events. The more reasons not to remember.

    That's my position, we can agree to disagree

  7. #37
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    6,639
    Quote Originally Posted by Katody View Post
    In theory a prosecutor in Italian court is there to find the truth, not to win the conviction by tricks and falsehoods.

    Of course you're right that the latter took place in Massei's court, unfortunately.
    It's the truth for the CITIZENS, not the truth according to whatever the suspect wants us to believe is the truth.
    Now my philosophy is that it's never okay to kill someone. -- Convicted Murderer Jodi Arias

  8. #38
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    6,639
    Quote Originally Posted by Katody View Post
    Not at all, I'm afraid you misunderstood my post.
    I think I understood it fine. You were saying that if Amanda knew the exact time when the FIRST phone call was made, she could have remembered the phone call and thus apparently the contents.
    Now my philosophy is that it's never okay to kill someone. -- Convicted Murderer Jodi Arias

  9. #39
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Posts
    1,073
    Quote Originally Posted by aa9511 View Post
    It's the truth for the CITIZENS, not the truth according to whatever the suspect wants us to believe is the truth.
    By this standard Comodi fails as well. It was objectively a falsehood when she stated she had a record of a 12:00 phone call.

  10. #40
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Posts
    1,073
    Quote Originally Posted by aa9511 View Post
    I think I understood it fine. You were saying that if Amanda knew the exact time when the FIRST phone call was made, she could have remembered the phone call and thus apparently the contents.
    Not at all. I think there is some confusion here. Maybe someone else said it, not me. This is the post I wrote and you replied to:

    Thanks. People do this? Hard to believe considering the phone records have been posted online for years.

    I remember Comodi and Massei introduced a lot of confusion by stating the phone call took place exactly at 12:00 and asking Amanda to hypothesize about it's contents.
    When we know the correct time it clarifies a lot because it places the call in the context of unfolding events.


  11. #41
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    6,639
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris_Halkides View Post
    What Comodi did went a step further and actually misstated the time of the call. In addition, does anyone believe that Comodi was unaware that on that date the time difference between Perugia and Seattle was 8, not 9, hours? I don't; Comodi went beyond what an honest lawyer would do, not once but twice.
    Ah, by honest I see you mean play the game the way Amanda wanted it to be played. Let her think of her answers LONG AND SLLOOWWWLLLYY so she could come up with just the "right" answer.

    No thanks, I'd rather not play it the suspect's way.
    Now my philosophy is that it's never okay to kill someone. -- Convicted Murderer Jodi Arias

  12. #42
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    CA always, FL now
    Posts
    18,998
    YOU

    If you see the above word in your posts it may be wise to go back and review your post before hitting submit. At websleuths we do not allow personalization of posts and the use of the word YOU is a good gauge as to whether a post is addressing the post and not the poster.


  13. #43
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    1,308
    Quote Originally Posted by Katody View Post
    Thank you. Amanda made a lot of phone calls in the short succession before the discovery of the body. She made a lot of calls after it. many of them were with her mother and the family in Seattle and elsewhere. Add to that the obvious shock and stress from the events.
    It is normal she wouldn't recall all of it perfectly many weeks later. When her mother asked her about it she was in jail and had a lot of troubles on her head.

    When Comodi asked it it was two years after the events. The more reasons not to remember.

    That's my position, we can agree to disagree
    BBM
    Just a quick point. Edda asked her about it DAYS after and she had no memory.
    MC referenced this jailhouse conversation when asking amanda about it on the stand. Edda even says before anything had happened, which is where MC got her words. IIRC

  14. #44
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Posts
    1,073
    Quote Originally Posted by Amber29 View Post
    BBM
    Just a quick point. Edda asked her about it DAYS after and she had no memory.
    MC referenced this jailhouse conversation when asking amanda about it on the stand. Edda even says before anything had happened, which is where MC got her words. IIRC
    You're right. The bugged conversation is dated 10th of November. Still it's more than a week after the events. Amanda was in jail.

    Why do you think Amanda forgot that phone call? What's your theory?


    ETA: I hope it's an acceptable usage of the word you

  15. #45
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    7,952
    Quote Originally Posted by aa9511 View Post
    Also, there is only disappearing facts and evidence if people are allowed to delete or distort those facts and that evidence.
    Thanks for all your help....Well, this is what I have been trying all along to determine. I was sold on the Guede-lone-wolf theory (thanks mainly to Hendry and Fisher) until I read the murderwiki (which I only bothered to do a. because Hellmann was overturned and b. I initially and rashly thought the wiki was put together by the press in conjunction with Wikipedia - I thought it was completely objective). Once I had gone over all the facts there, I felt there was now way, way too much suspicious about Knox and Sollecito to think they did not have some sort of involvement; I even began to suspect that maybe there really had been a lot of spin-doctoring and PR campaigning for this reason.

    Then of course as we know the wiki was reported to be an opinion site, and so many of the facts were torn to shreds by counter-facts and so I wound up completely confused. I am trying now to figure out what is left which stands on its own, aloof from any distortion - and what is perhaps being distorted by the opposing side. This case really is messy. I wonder what the lay judges are thinking about all?

Page 3 of 67 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 53 ... LastLast


Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 943
    Last Post: 01-31-2014, 10:01 AM
  2. Replies: 1026
    Last Post: 01-12-2014, 08:07 AM
  3. Replies: 1064
    Last Post: 01-05-2014, 12:29 AM
  4. Replies: 1013
    Last Post: 12-19-2013, 05:30 AM
  5. Replies: 1011
    Last Post: 11-12-2013, 12:34 AM

Tags for this Thread