1001 users online (154 members and 847 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
    I don't watch tv, but watch all the Disappeared shows that are on Netflix. I think it's a great show. I really like the narrator also.

Disappeared was the only show ID had that was worth watching. Ugh.

Most everything on there now is junk. They have lost a follower.
    Sleuthing....from the perch.

los2188 is offline North Carolina Tar Heels..your NCCA Champs!!
    I'm still trying to figure out where the source comes from that it is cancelled. Not that I'm implying that anyone is making anything up, and I know it's been a LONG time since they've had any new episodes, but I've been looking for quite a while trying to figure out if the show has indeed been cancelled. I have yet to find any source that it has been cancelled. It's still advertised on the ID website, not to mention that it's still being rerun on an almost daily basis on the ID channel, not to mention that it's still on their YouTube channel on a pay-per-view basis. I mean I know we all hope it's not cancelled, but again, I have yet to see one single source stating that it is cancelled. Arrgggg! Can anyone tell me??
    Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.

"When from a long distant past nothing persists, after the people are dead, after things are broken and scattered, still alone, more persistent, more faithful, the smell and taste of things remain poised a long, long time like souls, ready to remind us, waiting, hoping for their moment amid the ruins of all the rest, and bear unfaltering in the tiny and almost impalpable drop of their essence the vast structure of recollection."

Quote Originally Posted by los2188 View Post
    I'm still trying to figure out where the source comes from that it is cancelled. Not that I'm implying that anyone is making anything up, and I know it's been a LONG time since they've had any new episodes, but I've been looking for quite a while trying to figure out if the show has indeed been cancelled. I have yet to find any source that it has been cancelled. It's still advertised on the ID website, not to mention that it's still being rerun on an almost daily basis on the ID channel, not to mention that it's still on their YouTube channel on a pay-per-view basis. I mean I know we all hope it's not cancelled, but again, I have yet to see one single source stating that it is cancelled. Arrgggg! Can anyone tell me??
    I saw a couple of message board comments, but nothing "official" or a news story.

What happened to former Centre County DA Ray Gricar?

los2188 is offline North Carolina Tar Heels..your NCCA Champs!!
    Understood. Thanks for replying.

Sent from my Event using Tapatalk
    Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.

"When from a long distant past nothing persists, after the people are dead, after things are broken and scattered, still alone, more persistent, more faithful, the smell and taste of things remain poised a long, long time like souls, ready to remind us, waiting, hoping for their moment amid the ruins of all the rest, and bear unfaltering in the tiny and almost impalpable drop of their essence the vast structure of recollection."

I think the rumor started because ID issued out a press release for the upcoming season, and Disappeared was not listed as one of the returning shows.

I hope they bring Dissappeared back. It was the only show worth watching on the ID channel. If not on ID, I hope another network takes it over.

While I liked these shows, never fear, they will continue just under different names.
    Look twice - Save a Life! Motorcycles are everywhere!

I would like to think that programs which spotlight the missing will be continued under other names as the last poster suggests, but we had Unsolved Mysteries, which was a huge hit for many years. Gone.

We had AMW, which was a huge service to the public and LE, and as far as I know, it's gone, at least from my 800+ cable channel line up.

Then, we had a one hour per week new segment out of a 24 hour cable network, I.D., which broadcast the aforementioned " Disappeared". Just one hour a week out of their large programming schedule, now seemingly stopped production of new episodes. I think money was the deciding factor. The shows featured the actual locations, witnesses, LE, and family members when possible. I think it must have cost a lot to produce. MOST of their other programming relies heavily on recreations and their paid commentators.

When looking at the histories of shows which really DID make a difference, it seems to me that the majority of the public had rather just be " entertained" now.

I don't think WS'ers fall into that category, but I think most of our society does.

I found this thread in a web search, as I was browsing Netflix and found that they finally semi-updated the Disappeared episode listing. I agree very much with all of you. I'm saddened by the cancellation as my interest in missing persons cases and work in general was sparked by this television show. Sad to see the only show worth watching on ID go...

Wow, that's such a shame...

One of the best shows around.

Maybe they can at least retool the show, maybe a new name and actually delve into unsolved missing cases. I thought they were doing a great job, and had hoped the id channel would pick up where CTV left us out to dry. They Hv a huge fan base. The viewer base is here there and everywhere. Billions could be made. So many children, men and women go missing everyday there are enough to do a show a day for years to come. What is wrong with these ppl?
    Dont Be A Sheep

I liked watching the show too bad

Sent from my NB07 using Tapatalk

Investigation Discovery's "Disappeared" Cancelled

NO! NO! NOOO!

This is such a crap decision on their part ... It seems all their recent shows have become totally ridiculous and some being downright disrespectful (notably, the narration of a choice few shows, amped up overplayed sexual innuendos, Susan Lucci, et al). I mean "Elder Skelter"? For serious?! Come on ID .. That's just stupid.

Absolutely loved this show for many different reasons. What a shame...hopefully some other network can pick it up? Or at least do a similar program covering missing persons?

Sent via my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by anya; 12-26-2013 at 08:49 AM.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast