Page 1 of 42 1234567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: VA - Jamisha Gilbert, 18, Lynchburg, 29 November 2013

VA - Jamisha Gilbert, 18, Lynchburg, 29 November 2013

Disappearance of Lynchburg teen classified as suspicious
    Jamisha Gilbert's car was found abandoned Friday off Concord Turnpike

18-year-old Jamisha Gilbert was reported missing Sunday night. Her family told police that they last saw her Wednesday. Gilbert’s friends told police that they lase saw her between midnight and 1 a.m. Friday.
    http://www.wdbj7.com/news/local/disa...t/-/index.html

Media/Timeline thread: [ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?p=10038110#post10038110"]VA - Jamisha Gilbert, 18, Lynchburg, 29 November 2013 *Media/Timeline/Maps* - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community[/ame]
    Last edited by Salem; 12-11-2013 at 01:31 PM. Reason: add media thread link.

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...type=1&theater

Gilbertís 2002 burgundy Honda Accord was found abandoned in the area of Concord Turnpike and Winston Ridge Road around 8 a.m. Friday morning. Investigators believe Gilbert was driving the Honda

3. The Following 16 Users Say Thank You to Coldpizza For This Useful Post:

This is the same area where Alexis Murphy went missing.

Hmm OK odd, so the article states the family says she got into an accident where her car was abandoned Friday and the car was subsequently towed that day (not by police, they got it Monday). She then wasn't reported missing until Sunday?!

How did they know she was in an accident? (maybe damage to car) Why the wait to report? (did police make them...stupid) Wondering what these friends know since they saw her last!! Who found the car? Ahh questions...

Jamisha's facebook, not much to it:
    https://www.facebook.com/mesha105
    "Sometimes only one person is missing and the whole world seems depopulated"

- Alphonse de Lamartine

6. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to Lunar1121 For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Coldpizza View Post
    This is the same area where Alexis Murphy went missing.

Without looking at a map, I'd say it's about 20-30 minutes from where Alexis went missing from. Just basing it on knowing where Alexis was at that gas station, and Lynchburg in general. Trying to figure where Concord is, and if it's where I think, might be closer to 30 minutes difference.

This is scary!! A wreck and nowhere to be found?
    Fibromyalgia Fog at it's finest! Temporary loss of vocabulary may occur at any time.

8. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to 2Hope4 For This Useful Post:

I don't have twitter, and can never find twitter accounts, but she does have one per her fb. She states the photo is her twitter photo. Can anyone find it?
    Fibromyalgia Fog at it's finest! Temporary loss of vocabulary may occur at any time.

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to 2Hope4 For This Useful Post:

Is the date in the thread title correct? By looking at tweets (lots of today, yesterday) I get the impression it should be November 29?

12. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Elainera For This Useful Post:

December 2, 2013 Dozens of officers scoured the area around Concord Turnpike on Monday afternoon looking for missing teenager Jamisha Monique Gilbert, who disappeared Friday morning under what investigators are calling “suspicious circumstances.”

The search included canines, a state police helicopter and fire department boats, which looked for signs of the 18-year-old in the James River.
    http://ihavevanished.com/2013/12/02/...om-local-news/

In the river ... that does not sound very good.

14. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Elainera For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Elainera View Post
    Is the date in the thread title correct? By looking at tweets (lots of today, yesterday) I get the impression it should be November 29?

What's her twitter account? Will you link it please?

16. The Following User Says Thank You to 2Hope4 For This Useful Post:

On December 1, 2013 at 9:09 p.m., the Lynchburg Police Department took a report of a missing person: 18-year-old Jamisha Gilbert of Lynchburg.
    https://www.facebook.com/wdbj7/posts/1015174740650221

18. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to 2Hope4 For This Useful Post:

20. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to 2Hope4 For This Useful Post:

What is it about car accidents and people (mainly females if my memory serves me correctly) going missing right afterwards?? It's almost like an epidemic or something. I mean from the cases that I've read, it's not like it was a major accident. Now if someone gets in an accident and has something to hide, then I can see them wanting to get out of there ASAP before cops show up. Wow. This boggles my mind.
    "When from a long distant past nothing persists. After the people are dead, after things are broken and scattered, still alone. More persistent, more faithful, the smell and taste of things remain poised a long, long time like souls, ready to remind us, waiting, hoping for their moment amid the ruins of all the rest, and bear unfaltering in the tiny and almost impalpable drop of their essence. The vast structure of recollection........"

22. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to los2188 For This Useful Post:

http://www.wset.com/story/24113796/l...year-old-woman

Police had a brief news conference Monday afternoon, saying that they consider Jamisha Gilbert's disappearance as being under suspicious circumstances. Between 35 and 40 Lynchburg Police, State Police officers and firefighters have been searching for her.
    Gilbert's family says her car was involved in some type of accident on Concord Turnpike. Police didn't think much about it at first, but that changed when Gilbert's family reported her missing Sunday night.

There is an active search and command post for Gilbert near where her car was found on Concord Turnpike. Investigators are using dogs and boats in the search. The James River is less than 100 feet away from Concord Turnpike. Concord Turnpike runs from downtown Lynchburg to Route 460.
    https://myspace.com/jamisha105

http://www.altavistajournal.com/news...9bb2963f4.html

http://www.nbc29.com/story/24116148/...ynchburg-woman

24. The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to 2Hope4 For This Useful Post:

Can't find the link now!! Just was reading that she had been accepted to attend college starting in January. Per her fb, she was at least within the top 10% in her high school class and was aiming for higher before she graduated this past Spring.

26. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to 2Hope4 For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by 2Hope4 View Post
    Without looking at a map, I'd say it's about 20-30 minutes from where Alexis went missing from. Just basing it on knowing where Alexis was at that gas station, and Lynchburg in general. Trying to figure where Concord is, and if it's where I think, might be closer to 30 minutes difference.

This is scary!! A wreck and nowhere to be found?
    Yes, that gas station in Lovingston where Alexis was last seen is probably about 45 minutes away from where Jamisha's car was found. Hubby and I were just down there in Lynchburg on Saturday morning, probably only 10 minutes away from where her car was.
    When we remember we are all mad, the mysteries disappear and life stands explained.

Mark Twain

28. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to beachlvr0810 For This Useful Post:

30. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to 2Hope4 For This Useful Post:

32. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to 2Hope4 For This Useful Post:

Monday, officers searched in the area between Garnet Street and U.S. 460, he said.
    Gearhart declined to answer specific questions about the car, Gilbert's intended destination, and whether investigators expect foul play.
    "We are concerned for her welfare and for her safety," he said, but added he did not think there was a threat to the community.
    Investigators have not found any evidence linking Gilbert's disappearance to Alexis Murphy, the 17 year-old reported missing from Nelson County in August and has yet to be found.
    http://www.newsadvance.com/news/loca...a4bcf6878.html

34. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to 2Hope4 For This Useful Post:

Gilbert was last seen by friends in the city between midnight and 1 a.m. Friday morning. A few hours later, police found an abandoned 2002 Honda Accord near the intersection of Concord Turnpike and Winston Ridge Road.
    At the time, they could not identify the driver of the car, but Sunday evening, Gilbert’s mother reported her missing, and officers were able to connect Gilbert to the Accord.
    When asked if he believed a crime has been committed, Lt. Dave Gearhart said only that the case is being investigated as “suspicious” by the department’s Criminal Investigations Division.
    http://www.newsadvance.com/news/loca...a4bcf6878.html

36. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to 2Hope4 For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by los2188 View Post
    What is it about car accidents and people (mainly females if my memory serves me correctly) going missing right afterwards?? It's almost like an epidemic or something. I mean from the cases that I've read, it's not like it was a major accident. Now if someone gets in an accident and has something to hide, then I can see them wanting to get out of there ASAP before cops show up. Wow. This boggles my mind.
    The first thing I thought of when you said this was that would be a perfect way to get a woman out of her car to abduct her...he hits her car with his vehicle, she gets out to inspect the damage and to call the police but before she can do anything, he grabs her, throws her into his vehicle and then she vanishes.
    When we remember we are all mad, the mysteries disappear and life stands explained.

Mark Twain

38. The Following 21 Users Say Thank You to beachlvr0810 For This Useful Post:

Wait a minute....if family last saw her on Wednesday, weren't they concerned she didn't show up for Thanksgiving?

Wait a minute....if family last saw her on Wednesday, weren't they concerned she didn't show up for Thanksgiving?
    That's exactly what I thought when I read that!!!!!!

Mark Twain

41. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to beachlvr0810 For This Useful Post:

Ok neighbors (the three of us are "neighbors")....another missing VA woman???

Sounds like she had lofty goals and was a great young lady. If RAT was not in jail.....

43. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to carterkatt For This Useful Post:

What's her twitter account? Will you link it please?
    I couldn't find it. I found only tweets from other people mentioning her.

45. The Following User Says Thank You to Elainera For This Useful Post:

Is it absolutely confirmed that her parents reported her missing Sunday? That doesn't make any sense to me if she was missing since Wednesday. It appears that her family is very concerned for her safety and it just seems strange that they would wait 4-5 days to report her missing. I don't know, that just doesn't fit with all of the information that's been given. Also, her friends must know something. They were the last ones, according to statements, to have seen her. I think they need to be questioned further.

Still Missing

Jacob Wetterling
    24 years 3 months
    Where are you?

Jennifer Kesse
    8 years
    Where are you?

Never Forgetting

Brooke Wilberger
    19 years old
    Rest in peace

Lauren Astley
    18 years old
    Rest in peace

Christian Choate
    13 years old
    Rest in peace

"
To die and part is a less evil; but to part and live, there, there is the torment."
    ~George Lansdowne

Never giving up hope for the missing. I know that somehow, some way they'll make it back home.

47. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Alyssa2013 For This Useful Post:

Page 1 of 42 1234567891011 ... LastLast