Page 3 of 42 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: VA - Jamisha Gilbert, 18, Lynchburg, 29 November 2013

Quote Originally Posted by Yoda View Post
    Friends tell police they last saw her late Thursday night when she was dropping her boyfriend off at home. Early Friday morning her car was found wrecked on Concord Turnpike.

So far police won't comment on the damage, but her mother did.

"The side view mirror was off, and some other parts of the car, the headlight was off. And the railing where she had hit had a lot of paint from the car" said Eldridge.

http://www.wset.com/story/24117441/l...r-missing-teen
    From the article: BBM

***Her mom says, she last heard from her daughter on Wednesday.

"She said I just wanted to hear your voice" said Norma Gilbert-Eldridge.

Those were the last words Eldridge would hear her 18 year old daughter Jamisha Gilbert speak, "And that's when I started to worry" she said.***

When did mom start to worry? Sounds like when Jamisha said she wanted to hear her mom's voice on Wednesday. ??
    Last edited by Plumeria5; 12-03-2013 at 02:40 AM.
    Richard Castle " There are two kinds of folks who sit around thinking about how to kill people: psychopaths and mystery writers. I'm the kind that pays better."

2. The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to Plumeria5 For This Useful Post:

The way I understand it is at least one friend saw her alone Thursday night into Friday around 1am, police found a wrecked car around 8:30am Friday and were unable to determine who the driver was? but connected the car to Jamisha on Sunday sometime after or at the same time Jamisha's mother reported her missing. I don't know when the car was removed from the intersection of Concord Pike and Winston Ridge Road or if they followed the car's registration to Jamisha's mother and that's when her mother reported she was missing. I'd like to know those details. I'd also like to know what "wrecked" means in regards to the car. A dent? broken windshield? crumpled completely? Do the police think she had a head injury and wandered into the river? could a crime happen right there in the road and she was thrown into the river? Lots of questions and very few details.

4. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to maureen718 For This Useful Post:

2002 accord recalled;

The high-pressure airbags could cause the inflator casing to rupture, possibly resulting in injury or fatality, the automaker said.

http://money.cnn.com/2011/12/02/autos/honda_recall/

6. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to momrids6 For This Useful Post:

Maybe the airbag caused her to get a concussion and she wandered off somewhere and collapsed? Sure hope she didn't stumble into the river!
    Friends have not commented whether she had been drinking when they last saw her at 1am on Friday. That could have been the reason for getting in a wreck or she was tired and fell asleep at the wheel.
    Richard Castle " There are two kinds of folks who sit around thinking about how to kill people: psychopaths and mystery writers. I'm the kind that pays better."

8. The Following 18 Users Say Thank You to Plumeria5 For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Plumeria5 View Post
    Maybe the airbag caused her to get a concussion and she wandered off somewhere and collapsed? Sure hope she didn't stumble into the river!
    Friends have not commented whether she had been drinking when they last saw her at 1am on Friday. That could have been the reason for getting in a wreck or she was tired and fell asleep at the wheel.
    A properly functioning airbag hits with the force of a 250 pound lineman. In that linked article, it states the recalled bags hit with even higher force.

10. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to momrids6 For This Useful Post:

http://www.wsls.com/story/24118165/w...sing-girl-case

WSLS was able to locate Jamisha's facebook page that was listed under another name, Meii Mii Monique. Until then investigators were't aware that she had a facebook page.
    BBM

If that is true, and LE did NOT know about her facebook, then I fear for this investigation! Heck we all had her twitter, fb, myspace, youtube, etc within minutes of finding out she was missing! And we are NOT detectives!
    Fibromyalgia Fog at it's finest! Temporary loss of vocabulary may occur at any time.

Lynchburg Police say they are interviewing Jamisha's boyfriend, the one friends say, she was last with before her disappearance. However police tonight saying no suspects have been identified.
    http://www.wset.com/story/24117441/l...r-missing-teen
    Fibromyalgia Fog at it's finest! Temporary loss of vocabulary may occur at any time.

13. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to 2Hope4 For This Useful Post:

Just a repeat of WDBJ7. But media from Richmond area.
    http://wtvr.com/2013/12/03/jamisha-gilbert-missing/

15. The Following User Says Thank You to 2Hope4 For This Useful Post:

Another media out of Richmond
    http://www.timesdispatch.com/news/st...9bb30f31a.html

When asked if whether they suspect foul play, the lieutenant said only that officers with the department’s Criminal Investigations Division have classified her disappearance as “suspicious,” and do not believe Gilbert is a runaway.

Investigators have found no evidence linking Gilbert’s disappearance to that of Alexis Murphy, the 17-year-old reported missing from Nelson County in August. Alexis has not yet been found. Randy Taylor, of Lovingston, has been arrested and charged with abduction in connection with Alexis’ disappearance. He remains in jail awaiting trial.
    Officers used a state police helicopter, tracking canines and boats to search the James River for clues to find Gilbert on Monday evening. The search stretched from Garnet Street to U.S. 460, through industrial areas, woods, a train yard and the river.

17. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to 2Hope4 For This Useful Post:

If I'm not mistaken, there is a water treatment plant near there as well. I need to learn how to put maps up. Downtown Lynchburg is NOT an area one would want to be at in the middle of the night, and by themself, IMO. The only reason I personally would go there would be the Texas Inn, western burgers and chili! Even then I wouldn't go alone. During the day, it's a thriving area with antique shops, court house, banks, hotels, farmer's market, SPCA, lots of shops. There's been a coordinated effort to revive that area, and make it safer. It probably wouldn't rate as high as a huge city like Detroit, or Richmond, etc., as far as crime rate, but there's still lots of drugs, shootings, beatings, prostitution, etc., at night.

19. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to 2Hope4 For This Useful Post:

http://instagram.com/ahsimaj
    But pictures are being deleted???
    I think it's really odd that her pictures have been deleted. I saw one yesterday on the account. Now, it appears they are all gone.

One of the video's in one of your linked articles, her mother says she hadn't had a phone for about a month.

If "she" hit another vehicle, where is that car now and I'm completely lost on LE not connecting the car to her or her family. Who's name were the plates in or were they missing?

To many things don't make sense.

21. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to BeginnersLuck For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by maureen718 View Post
    The way I understand it is at least one friend saw her alone Thursday night into Friday around 1am, police found a wrecked car around 8:30am Friday and were unable to determine who the driver was? but connected the car to Jamisha on Sunday sometime after or at the same time Jamisha's mother reported her missing. I don't know when the car was removed from the intersection of Concord Pike and Winston Ridge Road or if they followed the car's registration to Jamisha's mother and that's when her mother reported she was missing. I'd like to know those details. I'd also like to know what "wrecked" means in regards to the car. A dent? broken windshield? crumpled completely? Do the police think she had a head injury and wandered into the river? could a crime happen right there in the road and she was thrown into the river? Lots of questions and very few details.

Jamisha Gilbert of Lynchburg was reported missing on Sunday, December 1st at 9:09 p.m.

Jamisha's family reports last seeing her sometime on Wednesday and friends report last seeing her between midnight and 1:00 a.m. Friday morning. A 2002 Burgundy Honda Accord now believed to have been driven by Jamisha was found unattended in the area of Concord Turnpike and Winston Ridge Road around 8:00 a.m. Friday morning.
    http://www.wsls.com/story/24114006/d...red-suspicious

As for the damage to the vehicle, in one of the articles recently posted, her mother states the mirror was knocked off, paint left on the guardrail, airbags deployed, and other parts knocked off the car, but didn't state what parts. Almost sounds like either she fell asleep at the wheel, swerved to miss something, or perhaps over corrected as she ran off the road. BUT, that doesn't explain where she is now. I've not seen anything about where her phone is, or if she made a call for help. Not even sure how long the car was abandoned.

23. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to 2Hope4 For This Useful Post:

http://instagram.com/ahsimaj
    But pictures are being deleted???

Interesting! Says no photos now.

25. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to 2Hope4 For This Useful Post:

kik account? What other media do teenagers use?

27. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to 2Hope4 For This Useful Post:

29. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to 2Hope4 For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by 2Hope4 View Post
    kik account? What other media do teenagers use?
    askfm.com

31. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to katinva For This Useful Post:

Is that Longitude Latitude on her twitter account??
    Dont Be A Sheep

33. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Cherry For This Useful Post:

I don't know what the procedure is when an abandoned wrecked car is found. You would think they would try to make immediate contact with the owner. According to her mother, she had no phone, so she couldn't call anyone for help.

35. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to BeginnersLuck For This Useful Post:

Media; meaning...besides facebook? There is another that younger kids are using let me get settled and I will search around.
    Dont Be A Sheep

37. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Cherry For This Useful Post:

https://pipl.com/search/?q=+ahSimaJ&l=&sloc=&in=5
    Photo of her; is this her? And did she shut down her twitter after she went missing?
    Dont Be A Sheep

39. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Cherry For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by BeginnersLuck View Post
    This appears to be the general location of where her car was found.

http://goo.gl/hGqO1o
    TY!!! Ok, this area I am not familiar with. Don't think I've ever been in this area. Appears there's a train depot there. I don't think it's where the passenger train depot is, must be the industrial, cargo trains.

41. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to 2Hope4 For This Useful Post:

Myspace and other links including her on youtube.
    https://pipl.com/search/?q=Jamisha+G...=VA&sloc=&in=6
    Myspace page
    https://myspace.com/jamisha105

YouTube:

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JzE9gLyfwWo&feature=youtube_gdata"]Hair Journey Udate #3 - YouTube[/ame]
    Dont Be A Sheep

43. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Cherry For This Useful Post:

I'm seeing two ages for her is she 18 or 20?
    Dont Be A Sheep

45. The Following User Says Thank You to Cherry For This Useful Post:

Car titles was in two names. Thats very common when A young person is under 21 and driving, or they're have trouble keeping the car or getting the car. You put the lease in two names most likely one is the parent and the other the youth or the driver.

I have back tracked on her phone, she say she lost her phone and there was a reward. Im trying to think how did call her mother wensday with no phone ,how did she pick up her boy friend with no phone, let alone communicate with friends to hook up. Something don't sound right. I see a lot of her profiles are being deleted when a lot of then where un active for months. Thats not common with a broken phone or a lost one.

I have seen hits like that before and you wouldn't be getting out from them. if she was sleepy and wrecked there would be blood in car, the majority a air bag impact knock the victim out and give a nose bleed, in some cases kill.

47. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to oldwindow For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Cherry View Post
    I'm seeing two ages for her is she 18 or 20?
    she is 18 from her fb page . Might have pushed her age up to protect her real identity on the internet which is very common.

49. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to oldwindow For This Useful Post:

Page 3 of 42 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 ... LastLast