Page 7 of 42 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617 ... LastLast

Thread: VA - Jamisha Gilbert, 18, Lynchburg, 29 November 2013

Quote Originally Posted by Pensfan View Post
    She pulled off the turnpike in a really odd place.

That turnpike isn't what many people would describe as a turnpike (a multi-lane highway). It appears to be a small two-way road.
    Maybe she got lost and wanted to turn around? Stopped and got hit on accident by someone coming down the two lane road?
    JMO.

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Nugget For This Useful Post:

She pulled off the turnpike in a really odd place.

That turnpike isn't what many people would describe as a turnpike (a multi-lane highway). It appears to be a small two-way road.
    Pensfan, that is exactly what I thought when I saw it. Not what I think of as a turnpike.
    Richard Castle " There are two kinds of folks who sit around thinking about how to kill people: psychopaths and mystery writers. I'm the kind that pays better."

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Plumeria5 For This Useful Post:

I hope the argument between Jamisha and her mom was not related to something bad about her boyfriend.
    It was the night before Thanksgiving, too
    The facts are now buried amongst theory, opinion and rumor.

6. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Just K For This Useful Post:

She wasn't that far from the city of Lynchberg.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Pensfan; 12-04-2013 at 12:34 AM.

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Pensfan For This Useful Post:

Go to this link and drive the arrow up to the gravel lot at the water treatment plant (east). The gravel area of the water treatment facility is on the right side of the page. Enlarge the screen. You can actually see security cameras on the building east of this gravel lot. There is a security camera on the side of the building which is adjacent to the gravel lot too. Let's hope they were working.
    https://maps.google.com/maps?client=...ed=0CD0QxB0wAw

10. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Pensfan For This Useful Post:

Just over the train tracks and in between the yellow arrow and the fire hydrant, there is a guardrail. That looks like it might be a very sketchy area and treacherous stretch of road at night.

12. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Just K For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by momrids6 View Post
    anyone find out where she was before she left to drive him home, where he lives, and how close the intersection her car was found at to either of these places or to where she was living? I know we can't sleuth him and his physical address, but a general street, etc...? Her address (as of when it was sent) is visible on the acceptance letter from school
    I'm thinking that was the family's home address because she got that letter before she graduated. So, she was probably still living with family. Her twitter says she is an Aries..so she turned 18 in either March or April.

14. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Just K For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Just K View Post
    Just over the train tracks and in between the yellow arrow and the fire hydrant, there is a guardrail. That looks like it might be a very sketchy area and treacherous stretch of road at night.
    My assumption is no lights along a two lane road like that..? She could've easily gotten confused if she's not used to that road or at least not used to it at night.
    JMO.

16. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Nugget For This Useful Post:

Edit: Removing my confusing mistake.
    Last edited by Pensfan; 12-04-2013 at 12:34 AM.

18. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Pensfan For This Useful Post:

Coming back what her mom said

Eldridge (mom) says she does not believe Jamisha's boyfriend had anything to do with her disappearance but she's not ruling anything out at this point.
    Does the bolded part sound to you awfully like LE speak? Might they have said this to her and she took it on?

20. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Elainera For This Useful Post:

Drive east of the water treatment plant. There is a Region 2000 Authority sign. Is that Section 8 housing apartments? (I'm guessing this because of the word 'authority" as in housing authority.) Maybe her boyfriend lived in those apartments?

Whoops..sorry. That's a landfill. lol

22. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Pensfan For This Useful Post:

Didn't it say in one article that there was paint from the car on the guardrail? And wouldn't that be where the car was also found? That's how I understood it. The abandoned car with some damage, airbags out, and nearby paint from the car on the railings. So I would think this guardrail should be directly at the intersection of Concord Turnpike and Winston Ridge? Or am I misunderstanding something?

24. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Elainera For This Useful Post:

I can't find any apartments on Concord Turnpike, but it goes directly into the city of Lynchburg.

26. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Pensfan For This Useful Post:

Here's the location of where the car was found. You can look around the area with the arrows. I see fences, but not any guardrails for her to have hit as the articles state. Hmm.

Jamisha*Monique Gilbertís 2002 Honda Accord was found after it wrecked into a guardrail in a rocky lot.
    http://www.newsadvance.com/news/loca...9bb30f31a.html

So she had pulled off the turnpike and was in a rocky parking lot traveling over 30-seomthing mph (for airbags released) when she crashed. Th e rocky lot is very small for her to be going that fast. Wait a minute, drive the arrows on that link up to the gravel lot at the water treatment plant. That must be where she was. Those aren't guardrails though. Those are Jersey barriers unless her car was found farther back in that gravel lot and there are guardrails further back.. Hmm.
    its a rail way back down the street they are yellow, also a community park not far about 1-2 mile up near the james river , this where the police was at in photos. 1500 main street there is hotel inn.. that would've been her best bet in those times. I don't see any user friend commuter stores like a gas station/7-11 for miles..

28. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to oldwindow For This Useful Post:

I see houses that look like town house apts right up the street from where she wrecked.

30. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to oldwindow For This Useful Post:

Rt 29 is 1.7 miles from the intersection of her impact with the guardrail.

32. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Just K For This Useful Post:

Jamisha*Monique Gilbert’s 2002 Honda Accord was found after it wrecked into a guardrail in a rocky lot.
    http://www.newsadvance.com/news/loca...9bb30f31a.html
    Last edited by Pensfan; 12-03-2013 at 11:09 PM.

34. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Pensfan For This Useful Post:

Here is the intersection of Winston Ridge Road and Concord Tnpike. When I googlef this address before, Google Maps showed the water treatment plant. It isn't at the treatment plant. It's near the railroad crossing. Duh me and Google maps.

36. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Pensfan For This Useful Post:

Rt 29 is 1.7 miles from the intersection of her impact with the guardrail.
    that area look like euro motorcycle rally road more than commuters every day road. These roads don't look good. Any thing could've happened and to make it'll look like simple correct of the car and wreck. So many things you could do in that area to wreck someone. No help for about 3 miles in every direction if your walking.

her best bet if she did wreck was abandon building behind her.or the house empty garages up the steep road way. In that kinda weather and cold those would keep her alive.

Other than that i find it impossible, she wont found walking,no stores for miles.

38. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to oldwindow For This Useful Post:

Is there a rocky lot closer than the water treatment plant to Winston Ridge Rd & Concord Turnpike? Is there one at the CSX facility? The CSX buildings should have many security cameras.

40. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Pensfan For This Useful Post:

Here is the intersection of Winston Ridge Road and Concord Tnpike. When I googlef this address before, Google Maps showed the water treatment plant. It isn't at the treatment plant. It's near the railroad crossing. Duh me and Google maps.
    look closely there a back road on the left side. right beside Winston . no name... I went that direction with the other map and I didn't see it...

42. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to oldwindow For This Useful Post:

Was there ice on the roads Thursday Night/Early Friday morning?

44. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Just K For This Useful Post:

Is there a rocky lot closer than the water treatment plant to Winston Ridge Rd & Concord Turnpike? Is there one at the CSX facility? The CSX buildings should have many security cameras.
    Yes, the gravel-like car (parking) lot is separated from the road by the guardrail...between the railroad tracks and the green fire hydrant... on the right side of the road. If she kept going straight there seems to be a recycling center on the left.

46. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Just K For This Useful Post:

Was there ice on the roads Thursday Night/Early Friday morning?
    With rock gravel like that its hard to say, maybe on tar road it would be slick.. rocky gravel I doubt it. its 70/30 thing with her being so close to river and water. This all depends on her tires rubber imprints. I want to see what they look like, it should be 2 sets of them.

48. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to oldwindow For This Useful Post:

Here's another gravel lot. It is NW of where Concord Turnpike crosses the railroad tracks. This is farther away than the gravel lot that Just K found (2 posts above). It makes sense that she'd pull over fairly quickly after hitting the guardrail.

50. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Pensfan For This Useful Post:

Page 7 of 42 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617 ... LastLast