Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast

Thread: IL - Anne Stroll, 64, Libertyville, 2 December 2013

IL - Anne Stroll, 64, Libertyville, 2 December 2013

http://vernonhills.suntimes.com/news...032013:article

This is in my area. 64yo Anne Stroll of Libertyville, IL, went missing yesterday, 12/2, around 1pm. She left a note for her husband saying she was going on a short bike ride (neighbors saw her leave on her bike) before taking their dog to the dog park. He reported her missing at 3:30pm.
    Her phone pinged to an area within the Independence Grove Forest Preserve area (which includes the dog park, but I think the area her phone pinged in was not the dog park area). Searchers have found no trace of Anne Stroll, her bike, or her phone. I've not come across any information on her dog's whereabouts.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to LarkBunting For This Useful Post:

She must be a pretty punctual person for her husband to report her missing so quickly. I'm glad he had that intuition because clearly something seems wrong now. He didn't waste any time.

Please be found alive and okay. Please.

JMO.

4. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Nugget For This Useful Post:

https://m.facebook.com/anne.stroll?i...le.com%2F&_rdr

Looks like her Facebook

JMO.

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Nugget For This Useful Post:

https://touch.www.linkedin.com/?sess...19%2F8ab%2F812

Attorney and Client Advisor, Private Client Services
    The Bensman Group
    October 2006 - Present (7 years 3 months)
    client advisor, private client services

(Just gathering as I go.)
    JMO.

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Nugget For This Useful Post:

http://libertyville.patch.com/groups...ported-missing

This states they also searched this morning (Tuesday) and still found nothing.
    JMO.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Nugget For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Nugget View Post
    She must be a pretty punctual person for her husband to report her missing so quickly. I'm glad he had that intuition because clearly something seems wrong now. He didn't waste any time.

Please be found alive and okay. Please.

her husband had been home an hour and 45 minutes when he reported her missing. I think that is a pretty appropriate amount of time to allow her to return before making a report. personally, I would have tried the cell phone multiple times and would have been frantic by 3:30.

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to jadejazzkayla For This Useful Post:

http://wgntv.com/2013/12/03/gurnee-p...ear-old-woman/

"Her husband says he hasn’t slept, as the search for his wife enters a second day.

“She’s just the most wonderful person I’ve ever met in my life,” Michael Stroll said."
    JMO.

14. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Nugget For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by jadejazzkayla View Post
    her husband had been home an hour and 45 minutes when he reported her missing. I think that is a pretty appropriate amount of time to allow her to return before making a report. personally, I would have tried the cell phone multiple times and would have been frantic by 3:30.
    I can see that, but what I mean is she must not be the type to explore or change plans. I act spur of the moment so if my husband were to panic in an hour and 45 minutes (or even 2 hours) it would possibly be premature, depending on the situation. I also forget to turn on my ringer on my cell and misplace it or forget to check it.

But yes, and hour and 45 minutes isn't UNUSUAL by any means. A lot of people wait so long to report loved ones missing that it's refreshing to see a husband trust his instinct.

It really paints a picture of a closeknit and responsible couple. That's important to know.

JMO
    JMO.

16. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Nugget For This Useful Post:

Double post! Whoops
    JMO.

http://libertyville.patch.com/groups...ported-missing

He wasn't home when his wife left, but he found a note stating that she was going out on her bike ride. The note indicated that she had "decided to take a short bike ride" before taking the couple's dog to a dog park at Fairfield and Route 176.

"When 2:15 came around and she wasn't home, I became concerned and started calling her," said Michael. "When I couldn't reach her, I got in my car and went over the streets that are her normal bike ride. When she wasn't there, I came back and called 911 immediately."

19. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to terracotta For This Useful Post:

The post said police, fire, a K9 unit and a helicopter were involved in the search.

http://my.chicagotribune.com/#sectio.../p2p-78421480/
    JMO.

21. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Nugget For This Useful Post:

So she never came back to get the dog, but may have ridden her bike to the dog park? Or did she take the dog with her bike?

23. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to sophiebelle For This Useful Post:

Husbands facebook

https://m.facebook.com/michael.strol...le.com%2F&_rdr

I don't have Facebook so I don't know if it's private or just I can't see it since I'm not logged in. Sounds like he has used it to update on the search, based on an article.
    JMO.

25. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Nugget For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by sophiebelle View Post
    So she never came back to get the dog, but may have ridden her bike to the dog park? Or did she take the dog with her bike?
    I took it as she was going to take a bike ride BEFORE she was going to walk the dog. Did she take the dog with her? I didn't translate it that way.

Also - I don't think she went to the dog park. She took a new path she wanted to try.
    JMO.

27. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Nugget For This Useful Post:

Her husbands FB you can see. He is asking for help in finding her.

IMOO, I think she had some kind of accident, or medical emergency on the bike. Perhaps she didn't take her usual route.
    I do hope they find her and she is OK. There are way too many women going missing without a trace.

29. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Stormy415 For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Stormy415 View Post
    Her husbands FB you can see. He is asking for help in finding her.

IMOO, I think she had some kind of accident, or medical emergency on the bike. Perhaps she didn't take her usual route.
    I do hope they find her and she is OK. There are way too many women going missing without a trace.
    My thought is since the articles stated she went to possibly try a new route, that she didn't anticipate the terrain and possibly even got lost. Maybe she wanted to turn around and go back but got lost trying to do so. :-(
    JMO.

31. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Nugget For This Useful Post:

http://www.lcfpd.org/preserves/index...&object_id=194

I don't think she took her dog.

Pets not permitted
    With the exception of service animals, dogs, horses and other pets are not permitted in this preserve.

ETA: I'm only talking about the preserve where she would've rode. Not the dog park.
    Last edited by Nugget; 12-03-2013 at 09:23 PM.
    JMO.

33. The Following User Says Thank You to Nugget For This Useful Post:

Maybe someone good with maps can pinpoint where she supposedly was based on the cell ping. The first post explains it.

I'm on my iPhone so not gonna attempt to make anything for y'all.

http://www.lcfpd.org/preserves/index...&object_id=125

From the first article also:
    In October, the couple discovered a “very hidden,” unofficial entrance that leads onto the trail, her husband said, and Stroll, an avid biker and runner, was eager to try it out.

------do you think they mean an unmarked trail?
    JMO.

35. The Following User Says Thank You to Nugget For This Useful Post:

http://chicago.cbslocal.com/2013/12/...uburban-woman/

This article says he didn't call til 5:30. Would've been getting fairly dark by then.

Also:
    Commander William Meyer says police were able to ping her cell-phone till it died to the general area of the Des Plaines River trail.

So here's that trail

http://www.lcfpd.org/docs/media_pub_24497.pdf
    JMO.

37. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Nugget For This Useful Post:

Nugget, pets are permitted in the dog exercise area of the preserve. Well, dogs are, anyway. Only service dogs are permitted in the entirety of the preserve. I take my dogs to that dog park all the time.
    The media reporting is vague on whether she rode her bike to the preserve alone or with her dog in tow, prepared to enter the dog exercise area. The way I read it is that she went alone to ride her bike in the non-dog park preserve area & disappeared at that point. The note to her husband indicated that she planned to bring their dog to the dog area of the preserve, so I assume her plan was to ride home after her bike ride, get her dog, & ride to the dog park at that point. ???
    The searchers have had bloodhounds out searching for her, too. I haven't heard of any positive results from any of the searches, though.
    If anyone wants to make a map, her phone pinged along the edge of the preserve that borders Route 137. I don't know how to make maps, especially on my phone.
    I haven't heard of any requests for public searches. I've only heard and read about the professionals conducting searches.
    Where could she be? It makes me so upset to think of her out there somewhere.

39. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to LarkBunting For This Useful Post:

Quick food for thought: if the trails are so close to their home, why sit at home for almost two hours calling? Why not drive down there and start asking people if they saw her or take off onto the "secret trail" (paraphrase because I don't remember his wording)? If I got worried I would grab a whistle and my dog and my cell phone and head straight there. I would assume my husband fell and hit his head.

Hindsight and all that, but geeze! Maybe he's not physically able to, I don't know. I do feel bad for him. Just had to vent. Maybe by the time he REALLY starting worrying wasn't til he called the police. Maybe a short ride could've meant a couple hours. He said she's physically fit so maybe that's nothing for her to ride.

Sorry I'm rambling.

ETA - found out he DID go look for her before calling 911. Bless his heart.
    Last edited by Nugget; 12-03-2013 at 11:58 PM.
    JMO.

41. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Nugget For This Useful Post:

In looking at the map....the areas by 137 and the dog park are by a lake? How big is the lake? How deep is the water? Is it swampy? It says boating so it must be somewhat deep. Larkbunting would you know?

43. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to terracotta For This Useful Post:

The dog exercise area was closed through November. I wonder if it has reopened?

The lake is 115 acres. With 400 feet of sand at the beach area.

http://www.lcfpd.org/preserves/index..._id=194&type=P

45. The Following User Says Thank You to terracotta For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by terracotta View Post
    In looking at the map....the areas by 137 and the dog park are by a lake? How big is the lake? How deep is the water? Is it swampy? It says boating so it must be somewhat deep. Larkbunting would you know?
    From that website (doesn't necessarily address your questions, but interesting - 75 feet deep):

When this land was purchased in 1978, an idea evolved that an old gravel quarry, 3,500 feet across and 75 feet deep, could be recycled and reclaimed. By the late 1980s, it was evident that something bigger could happen here. In the early 1990s, a community advisory committee helped brainstorm ideas and created a master plan that became the blueprint of what Independence Grove is today. The preserve opened to the public in 2001 and has become one of Lake County's most popular recreation destinations.

To create the lake, the quarry was mined of any remaining resources. Large pieces of equipment crushed the gravel, rock and concrete. Miles of conveyor belts throughout the bottom of the pit moved materials from one area to another. Mining royalties were put in a special fund to help pay for reclaiming the site for public use. Later, millions of cubic yards of clean fill were brought in to create about 60 acres of land. Since the walls of the old quarry were straight and steep, shelves were made along the edge to create a safer shoreline for wildlife habitat, and deter erosion. Thousands of trees and shrubs were planted.

One of the biggest challenges was creating a habitat for fish out of a sterile lake with no vegetation. Trees, fish cribs and concrete pipes were placed along the lake bottom before the water was allowed to rise.
    JMO.

47. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Nugget For This Useful Post:

Her bike sounds unique. Even if not - they need it on a flyer.

http://vernonhills.suntimes.com/news...032013:article

"Her bike, a blue Trek Navigator with white and pink streamers on the handlebars"
    JMO.

49. The Following User Says Thank You to Nugget For This Useful Post:

Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast