OK OK - Carl Fitzgerald, 84, Miami, 4 Dec 2013

wfgodot

Former Member
Reaction score
Silver Alert issued for Miami, OK man. (Daily Oklahoman)
A Silver Alert has been issued for a Miami man last seen in Graham, Texas, police reported.

Carl Fitzgerald, 84, was last seen about 12:30 p.m. Wednesday. No clothing description was given.

He left Miami several days ago for Graham and became lost several times before reaching his destination. He was last known to be traveling to his daughter's home in Ozark, Ark., from Texas, Miami police said.

Fitzgerald was last seen driving a gray, 2004 Chevrolet tow truck with an Oklahoma license plate, police reported.

Fitzgerald is known to become agitated easily and can be combative, police reported.

People with information about Fitzgerald should call 911 or Miami police at (918) 542-6685.

Nobody tried to stop this man from driving?? How sad. I do hope he's ok somewhere.

Am I the only one confused by the article?

He got lost multiple times getting there...but where is he missing from now? Graham? Was he supposed to be driving home? Why would family let him do that if he got lost several times GOING there? Or was he just still visiting and wandered?

It's saying he got there b/c the getting lost was "before reaching his destination" so clearly something's missing...

And that piece would be key (the where he's going or what the plans were)

Obviously his family DOES know he got lost en route to the daughter's otherwise that'd not be a known fact...so shocking they'd let him do the trip in reverse (or I'd hope not!) so then what IS going on?

http://kfor.com/2013/12/04/police-searching-for-missing-oklahoma-man-in-three-states/

Wednesday morning, Fitzgerald was seen in Graham, Texas but has not made it to his daughter’s location.
Officials say he does not know where she lives and easily becomes agitated and combative.

See, that's what I was thinking initially - that he didn't get there.

But then there's this:
He left Miami several days ago for Graham and became lost several times before reaching his destination.

If the destination was his daughter's (as it seems) then the articles are completely contradictory.

Because he either DID or DIDN'T get there. And that's obviously central to where things went awry.

And if he did NOT get there, then how does anyone know he got lost several times? Was someone following him? Have people in other towns he shouldn't have passed through seen him?

So then (just based on how my brain interpreted it) it seems like he got there, and someone knew he'd had some missteps, as it were, along the way, and THEN he went missing.

Or could he have been planning to visit his daughter but not stay with her - in a hotel, perhaps, where he could have is space since he can be agitated or what not.

Because then there could be an encounter causing him to have had some way of it being known that he had gotten lost several times. Plus, it would let him have maybe ::technically:: gotten to his destination (the hotel or even just the town) but not have gotten to her house?

I don't know...(well, based on the two articles they don't either since two papers are saying two different things)

I hope he comes home safe, though I'm not especially hopeful. I do, however, also hope his family takes away his keys from him.

Actually, I should take that back about not being hopeful, thinking about another older man who went missing, author/speaker/pastor Dr. Henry Blackaby, a few months back.

He did end up turning up safe, but had had an underlying health issue or something they discovered in the process or something along those lines, and I'm nearly certain he also has diabetes and hadn't had his insulin or anything with. Anyway, it wasn't looking good for him, and he ended up going like either the entirely opposite direction of where he was planning to go, or something like that, and yet he WAS found.

Hope this will be similar. But getting more info out and it being accurate - whichever slant/interpretation/whatever of it is the truth - would up the odds of that significantly.

A facebook page, a missing poster, family speaking out, checking hospitals, etc. would all be very helpful steps for his family.

Instead so far we just have contradicting information!

He left Ok, driving through Tx, to visit his daughter in AR. He was LAST seen in Graham, Tx. I would assume that means he has NOT reached his destination in AR, but possibly stopped at a convenience store/gas station in Graham to ask for directions, and the witness remembers him.
Sounds like he has Alzheimer's and gets "lost" frequently. As to why he was allowed to drive, maybe he does not have family where he lives, so there was no one to stop him. He could be anywhere.
My brother was diagnosed with Alzheimer's a year or so ago. His son took his keys away from him so that this kind of thing would not happen, thank God. When it reaches a certain point, they do not think about their mental condition, and they can become combative when being told they can't do something, like get in the car and drive. They want to be independent, but their periods of clarity become shorter and further between as the disease progresses. Sad, but true.
I hope he is located safe, I bet his daughter is worried sick about him.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Lee
Back