GUILTY IN - Sgt. James Vester, 32, killed in Craigslist robbery, Indianapolis, 4 Dec 2013

Nugget

Golden Nugget Status
Reaction score
Police suspect that the slaying happened during an attempted robbery and that two suspects fled in an unknown vehicle. Police did not have a description of the suspects.

http://www.indystar.com/story/news/...ally-shot-near-ben-davis-high-school/3872405/

---

---

Detectives said they believed robbery was the motive, but they were still investigating.

Vester did not live at the apartment complex, but sources confirmed to RTV6 the victim went to the complex to buy an iPad in what may have been a robbery set-up.

http://www.theindychannel.com/news/...ng-possible-fatal-shooting-on-citys-west-side

RIP Jim

Sounds like he may have gone into the hood to buy an ipad?

Vester did not live at the apartment complex, but sources confirmed to RTV6 the victim went to the complex to buy an iPad in what may have been a robbery set-up.

So sad. What a waste. Now a little boy will grow up without his father. It never ceases to amaze me how criminals will lure in an innocent person, that they know nothing about, knowing that they will likely kill them.

Jim was my best friend's boyfriend's platoon sergeant. This is so, so sad. All of my thoughts go out to his beautiful wife and son. So unfair.

I'd think they would be able to track down the perps very soon with phone and computer records, correct?

I'll be watching our local news and check in with any new developments...:(

Jim was my best friend's boyfriend's platoon sergeant. This is so, so sad. All of my thoughts go out to his beautiful wife and son. So unfair.

I'd think they would be able to track down the perps very soon with phone and computer records, correct?

I'll be watching our local news and check in with any new developments...:(

I'm so sorry. My friend's cousin is a client of Jamie and Jim's photography. That's how I came across it. He sounds like a great man.

I would imagine they would be able to track it. Does Craigslist retain the IP address a post comes from? I don't know. If they don't and if these perps have a burn phone, could complicate it. Let's hope these %#!holes weren't smart. They deserve to be locked away forever.

If I ever do a Craigslist hook-up, I'm suggesting the local Police Dept.

Do they know if the perps were definitely the Craiglist "sellers?" Or was he robbed at random by someone else in the complex parking lot?

Someone I went to college with posted about this on facebook -- his wife knew him :(

We use Craigslist a lot -- my husband is selling his ipod on there now -- but I think we'll stick to meeting in public places from now on.

**ARREST MADE**

http://www.wthr.com/story/24154370/...ested-for-west-indianapolis-craigslist-murder

Police arrested Tryon Kincade, 19, and his 18-year-old brother Tyshaune and preliminarily charged them with murder and robbery. The men were allegedly involved in the shooting death of 32-year-old James Vester on Wyckford Drive Wednesday afternoon.

24154370_BG1.jpg

If I ever do a Craigslist hook-up, I'm suggesting the local Police Dept.

OT - DH left his work iPhone in a restaurant. We called them later but they couldn't locate it. Then someone called me (I was the last number dialed and I kept calling it to try to locate it) and said they had bought it from a man at a playground for $100. ??? He said he realized it was someone's phone when he saw the pictures, etc. He asked us to meet him to give him the money.

Despite hanging out on WS, I never thought about the police. But my mom suggested it so DH contacted them. They met him in the apt complex parking lot, took a stolen phone report, then DH called the man to come out and meet him. LE and DH decided the man's story *may* be legit so no charges were filed, since it's not against the law to keep a phone you find - but it is against the law to sell it. DH gave him some money for the money that the man 'lost' (haha) and everybody went home.

I don't buy the story for a second. But it's always a good idea to call LE when in doubt.

I hope the killers get the death penalty. Lying in wait etc etc...I forgot doesn't IN still Hv the death penalty I will Hv to look it up. How horrific. And he humbly served our country.
No,words.

My sister sent me an article from northern W Va. yesterday. A craigslist fake ad caused a man to meet with a fake buyer where he was beaten and robbed.

People need to get a job and stop robbing folks.

OT - DH left his work iPhone in a restaurant. We called them later but they couldn't locate it. Then someone called me (I was the last number dialed and I kept calling it to try to locate it) and said they had bought it from a man at a playground for $100. ??? He said he realized it was someone's phone when he saw the pictures, etc. He asked us to meet him to give him the money.

Despite hanging out on WS, I never thought about the police. But my mom suggested it so DH contacted them. They met him in the apt complex parking lot, took a stolen phone report, then DH called the man to come out and meet him. LE and DH decided the man's story *may* be legit so no charges were filed, since it's not against the law to keep a phone you find - but it is against the law to sell it. DH gave him some money for the money that the man 'lost' (haha) and everybody went home.

I don't buy the story for a second. But it's always a good idea to call LE when in doubt.

Did he have a receipt that he paid? Anyone who buys a phone from a stranger on the street should know it's stolen property. Plus who just happens to have $100 in cash on a playground. How lucky that seller must have been running into someone who just happened to have that cash on them. Just makes no sense when you can buy a phone for less than $100. jmo

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jrak
Back