Nelson Mandela has passed away

RIP Nelson. G-d is looking forward to spending time with you.

Just received this email alert from local news station:

ClickOnDetroit.com National Breaking News

==============================
National Breaking News
==============================

Nelson Mandela dies at 95

Nelson Mandela, the revered statesman who emerged from prison after 27 years to lead South Africa out of decades of apartheid, has died, South African
President Jacob Zuma announced late Thursday.

www.clickondetroit.com

RIP...What a huge loss to the world.

Fair thee well beautiful man..
...if all of us possessed merely 1% of your compassion and strength of character, wisdom and kindness, then this world would be a better place...
You will be remembered with reverence always....

Rest with your ancestors, Madiba. I am proud to have lived at such a time as giants walked this earth. Those times may not come around for many years again.

Guardian coverage.

If you want to make peace with your enemy, you have to work with your enemy. Then he becomes your partner.

It always seems impossible until its done.

Nelson Mandela

What a great leader he was.

Rest in Peace :rose:

Nelson Mandela dead at 95

By Tracy Connor, Staff Writer, NBC News

Nelson Mandela, the revered South African anti-apartheid icon who spent 27 years in prison, led his country to democracy and became its first black president, died Thursday at home. He was 95.

"He is now resting," said South African President Jacob Zuma. "He is now at peace."

"Our nation has lost his greatest son," he continued. "Our people have lost their father."

A state funeral will be held, and Zuma called for mourners to conduct themselves with "the dignity and respect" that Mandela personified...

http://worldnews.nbcnews.com/_news/2013/12/05/17500450-nelson-mandela-dead-at-95?cid=hero_media

Rest with your ancestors, Madiba. I am proud to have lived at such a time as giants walked this earth. Those times may not come around for many years again.

Guardian coverage.

Thanks Woofie. I knew I could count on you to put this into the proper words and perspective.

No more prisoners of conscience, no more Robben Islands.

nm_zpse3e1ba15.jpg

R.I.P Nelson Mandela a hero to so many :(

Peace at last. Thank you Mr. Mandela!

For those of you who haven't, I encourage you to read his speech at the Rivonia trial in 1964. There will be many television packages aired and op-ed columns written in his tribute over the next few days. None of them will represent him, his movement, his moment, so powerfully as his own words.

http://www.theguardian.com/world/2007/apr/23/nelsonmandela

[video=youtube;jgQBoXsxr8w]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jgQBoXsxr8w[/video]

Bless you Nelson, your life has so much meaning.

:loveyou: :loveyou: :loveyou:

A true freedom fighter. RIP.

I remember watching on TV, people queuing for hours and hours in the hot sun in South Africa, waiting to vote for the first time. It made me feel a bit ashamed of Britain, where the voting turnout can be so low sometimes. I am very lucky that I was born in a time and place where I could take such freedoms for granted.

Rest in peace, Mr Mandela.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie
Back