727 users online (102 members and 625 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

HUGE signature graphics

Folks, are there any rules on how large people's signature graphics can be? A couple of posters have them so big that you have to scroll and scroll to get past them to see posts by other folks...Or their post will be only four or five words followed by several inches of graphics… while they post repeatedly, so the entire thread looks like all graphics, no content!

I realize people are just trying to show their personal interests and the graphics are cute, but it does get a little frustrating when having to do so much scrolling. Just some 2 cents. Love all Sleuthers!
    Tabitha Tuders ☮ Holly Bobo ☮ David Riemens
    Gone but not forgotten.

I had to turn off seeing signatures for this very reason.

I don't like the huge ones either, and yup have to scroll. But sometimes someone has a link that I'd miss if I do turn it off
    so I scroll.... LOL!
    Dont Be A Sheep

I'm epileptic. Between the scrolling flahing ads and the huge sig files....it's rough.

I do miss some important links in other's sigs. The enormous ones are just too much for me.

My skiing banana is small but fierce. I'm sure I've driven a few crazy.
    JMO.

:bananalama:

Quote Originally Posted by gm8549 View Post
    Me too, gm8549! I turned my avatars off about a year ago because so many were animated. Since then I have turned the signatures off as well.

I like it much better!
    Thoughts and prayers for the people of Paris and all of France!

Quote Originally Posted by gm8549 View Post
    Me too. Pages load faster as well.

I turned off signatures and avatars long ago, even when I still had cable internet instead of dialup. There was one in particular that annoyed the crap out of me. No I'm not going to name names, but I sure don't miss it.
    If coincidence never happened, there wouldn't be a word for it.

I forgot that I turnrd off avatars when I first joined. I have a fast connection. Just don't want to see the huge and falshing things.

How do you turn signatures off?

you can turn off these options here: http://www.websleuths.com/forums/pro...do=editoptions

middle of the page Thread Display Options

You have the option to show or hide various elements of messages, which may be of use to users on slow internet connections, or who want to remove extraneous clutter from posts.

Show Signatures
    Show Avatars
    Show Images (including attached images and images in [IMG] code)
    ~ krimekat ~
    Live in Peace & Peace will live in you

++++++++++++
    Forum Information & Esoterica

The animated ones can be irritants, either as avatars or in signatures. Some of the signatures themselves are longer than Norman Mailer's 'Advertisements for Myself.' So I turn signatures off as I gripe enough anyway.

My signature is kind of big. I will go shorten it.

To be yourself in a world that is constantly trying to make you something else is the greatest accomplishment. -- Ralph Waldo Emerson
    Do not let the behaviour of others destroy your inner peace. -- Dalai Lama -
    Sometimes all you can do is walk away, hide your tears, and just pretend you're okay --- unknown

RIP Travis Alexander.

How does one snip a prior post when replying with a quote? Do I just cut?

Good to know that you can turn off the option to view signatures...I find that I can sometimes miss important points that someone is trying to make in their post when they have a large signature.

On another board where I post, the mods have a size limit built in for pictures and GIFs in signatures--works very well to cut back on the clutter.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast