994 users online (219 members and 775 guests)  

Websleuths News


Results 1 to 7 of 7
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    23,800

    NJ - The Iceman - Richard Kuklinski

    Last edited by bessie; 06-24-2015 at 01:39 AM. Reason: link

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Posts
    8,860

    The Iceman Dies

    TRENTON, N.J. (AP) A notorious Mafia hitman known as "The Iceman" who claimed to have killed more than 100 people and was the subject of several books and two cable television documentaries has died, said a spokeswoman for the state Department of Corrections.

    Richard Kuklinski, 70, died about 1 a.m. Sunday at St. Francis Hospital in Trenton, Corrections spokeswoman Deirdre Fedkenheuer said Monday.

    http://www.courttv.com/people/2006/0308/iceman_ap.html

    This guy was so scary. I read a few books about him and just recently saw a special on A&E about him. He is suspected in as many as 100 murders.

    Good riddens....

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    2,471
    Quote Originally Posted by Jules
    TRENTON, N.J. (AP) A notorious Mafia hitman known as "The Iceman" who claimed to have killed more than 100 people and was the subject of several books and two cable television documentaries has died, said a spokeswoman for the state Department of Corrections.

    Richard Kuklinski, 70, died about 1 a.m. Sunday at St. Francis Hospital in Trenton, Corrections spokeswoman Deirdre Fedkenheuer said Monday.

    http://www.courttv.com/people/2006/0308/iceman_ap.html

    This guy was so scary. I read a few books about him and just recently saw a special on A&E about him. He is suspected in as many as 100 murders.

    Good riddens....
    You are right, this guy was very scary. And "Iceman" is an understatement IMO, I've never seen a person so cold, calm and calculating.

    Oops, my bad. I just read the link and didn't know that he got the nic "Iceman" because he kept bodies in the freezer. I assumed it had to do with the fact that he has ice water running through his veins.

    I wonder what he died of, and what became of his wife and kids? I don't expect to ever hear from them, I wouldn't want the world to know that he'd been my father.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Posts
    8,860
    In one of the books I read, it talked about how his wife and kids had NO idea of his "hidden" life. His wife was also interviewed on the show I watched recently. While she never talked bad of him, she said she never asked questions about his activities and why he would leave in the middle of the night for a few hours. She assumed it was due to his job. It was an interesting interview. I can't for the life of me remember if she divorced him. She did say that neither she or their kids had visited him in prison.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    2,471
    Quote Originally Posted by Jules
    In one of the books I read, it talked about how his wife and kids had NO idea of his "hidden" life. His wife was also interviewed on the show I watched recently. While she never talked bad of him, she said she never asked questions about his activities and why he would leave in the middle of the night for a few hours. She assumed it was due to his job. It was an interesting interview. I can't for the life of me remember if she divorced him. She did say that neither she or their kids had visited him in prison.
    Thanks Jules. Did she say what he was like at home, with her and the kids?

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Posts
    8,860
    Quote Originally Posted by shopper
    Thanks Jules. Did she say what he was like at home, with her and the kids?
    Yeah, she said he was a fantastic husband/father and a great provider. Go figure.... Probably was except for that bottle of cyanide spray he carried around.

    I'm sorry, but if my hubby was getting up during the night "to take care of business" I'd be asking some questions...

    ETA - I just read some stuff about him on the crimelibrary site and his wife Barbara apparently wrote a book about her life as his wife. She claims in the book that he was like two people. She referred to them as the "Good Richard" and "Bad Richard." The "Bad Richard" used to beat her, chase her with a car, was very controlling. I don't remember reading any of that before. I'll have to go back through my books at home.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Dumpwater, Arkansas..LOL
    Posts
    5,316

    Talking

    Quote Originally Posted by Jules
    Yeah, she said he was a fantastic husband/father and a great provider. Go figure.... Probably was except for that bottle of cyanide spray he carried around.

    I'm sorry, but if my hubby was getting up during the night "to take care of business" I'd be asking some questions...
    I'd be asking lots of questions!

    When I first seen this, I thought maybe Sammy "the Bull" Gravono had kicked off! (Darn! I know that is not nice, I'll go to my corner now!) I don't think he's going to last the twenty years he was sentenced to for dealing. JMO
    "If at first you don't succeed, skydiving isn't for you!"

    The above post is my opinion and my opinion only. Please do not copy and past to other forums. If I wanted to posted on other forums, I would do it myself. Your cooperation is greatly appreciated in this matter.



Similar Threads

  1. The world's oldest blood: it's Oetzi the Iceman's
    By wfgodot in forum Up to the Minute
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 10-11-2013, 11:14 AM
  2. Replies: 7
    Last Post: 09-30-2012, 07:00 PM
  3. Found Deceased MT - William 'Iceman' Westwolf, 45, Browning, 16 Feb 2007
    By mistivon in forum Located Persons Discussion
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 02-17-2007, 12:14 PM

Tags for this Thread