NJ - The Iceman - Richard Kuklinski

Last edited by bessie; 06-24-2015 at 01:39 AM. Reason: link

The Iceman Dies

TRENTON, N.J. (AP) A notorious Mafia hitman known as "The Iceman" who claimed to have killed more than 100 people and was the subject of several books and two cable television documentaries has died, said a spokeswoman for the state Department of Corrections.

Richard Kuklinski, 70, died about 1 a.m. Sunday at St. Francis Hospital in Trenton, Corrections spokeswoman Deirdre Fedkenheuer said Monday.

http://www.courttv.com/people/2006/0308/iceman_ap.html

This guy was so scary. I read a few books about him and just recently saw a special on A&E about him. He is suspected in as many as 100 murders.

Good riddens....

Quote Originally Posted by Jules
    TRENTON, N.J. (AP) A notorious Mafia hitman known as "The Iceman" who claimed to have killed more than 100 people and was the subject of several books and two cable television documentaries has died, said a spokeswoman for the state Department of Corrections.

Richard Kuklinski, 70, died about 1 a.m. Sunday at St. Francis Hospital in Trenton, Corrections spokeswoman Deirdre Fedkenheuer said Monday.

http://www.courttv.com/people/2006/0308/iceman_ap.html

This guy was so scary. I read a few books about him and just recently saw a special on A&E about him. He is suspected in as many as 100 murders.

Good riddens....
    You are right, this guy was very scary. And "Iceman" is an understatement IMO, I've never seen a person so cold, calm and calculating.

Oops, my bad. I just read the link and didn't know that he got the nic "Iceman" because he kept bodies in the freezer. I assumed it had to do with the fact that he has ice water running through his veins.

I wonder what he died of, and what became of his wife and kids? I don't expect to ever hear from them, I wouldn't want the world to know that he'd been my father.

In one of the books I read, it talked about how his wife and kids had NO idea of his "hidden" life. His wife was also interviewed on the show I watched recently. While she never talked bad of him, she said she never asked questions about his activities and why he would leave in the middle of the night for a few hours. She assumed it was due to his job. It was an interesting interview. I can't for the life of me remember if she divorced him. She did say that neither she or their kids had visited him in prison.

In one of the books I read, it talked about how his wife and kids had NO idea of his "hidden" life. His wife was also interviewed on the show I watched recently. While she never talked bad of him, she said she never asked questions about his activities and why he would leave in the middle of the night for a few hours. She assumed it was due to his job. It was an interesting interview. I can't for the life of me remember if she divorced him. She did say that neither she or their kids had visited him in prison.
    Thanks Jules. Did she say what he was like at home, with her and the kids?

Quote Originally Posted by shopper
    Thanks Jules. Did she say what he was like at home, with her and the kids?
    Yeah, she said he was a fantastic husband/father and a great provider. Go figure.... Probably was except for that bottle of cyanide spray he carried around.

I'm sorry, but if my hubby was getting up during the night "to take care of business" I'd be asking some questions...

ETA - I just read some stuff about him on the crimelibrary site and his wife Barbara apparently wrote a book about her life as his wife. She claims in the book that he was like two people. She referred to them as the "Good Richard" and "Bad Richard." The "Bad Richard" used to beat her, chase her with a car, was very controlling. I don't remember reading any of that before. I'll have to go back through my books at home.

Talking

Yeah, she said he was a fantastic husband/father and a great provider. Go figure.... Probably was except for that bottle of cyanide spray he carried around.

I'm sorry, but if my hubby was getting up during the night "to take care of business" I'd be asking some questions...
    I'd be asking lots of questions!

When I first seen this, I thought maybe Sammy "the Bull" Gravono had kicked off! (Darn! I know that is not nice, I'll go to my corner now!) I don't think he's going to last the twenty years he was sentenced to for dealing. JMO
    My posts are to stay at WS, not to be moved to other forums for their members to judge. I know who is moving posts and this is fair warning. If I want my posts moved to other places, I will do it myself.

The above post is JMO, MOO, MHO, and all other disclaimers. Please leave it here at WS! TIA