1531 users online (263 members and 1268 guests)  

Websleuths News

Australia - Michelle Brown, 25, Frankston, Vic, 1 March 1992

May 08, 2013

Ms Brown, 25, was discovered in a shed behind a Frankston gun shop two weeks after she disappeared on March 1,1992. She had called her mum to pick her up at Frankston train station, but was never seen again alive.

Reward: $50,000

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/news/law...-1226637811922

Cops close in on cold-case killer of Michelle Brown

POLICE are confident they are close to an arrest over the decades old murder of Michelle Brown.

New evidence in recent months has strengthened the case against the notorious drug dealer and standover man who has been the prime suspect since soon after the killing.

The body of Ms Brown, 25, was discovered in a shed behind a Frankston gun shop two weeks after she disappeared in March 1992.

Victoria Police cold case squad head Ron Iddles recently had a team of five detective sergeants review all the evidence in the murder of Ms Brown.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/news/law...-1226637811922

So far I'm not finding too much further info about Michelle's murder although I did come across a wiki link which is about Victoria's serial killer Paul Denyer.

Similar connections to the murder of Michelle Brown have also been discussed. She was found naked, and her body was too decomposed to examine the injuries

Paul Denyer - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    Last edited by OkieGranny; 04-12-2015 at 10:59 PM. Reason: fixed broken link

Video report....

08 May 2013

Police close in on murder suspect

Keith Moor explains why the main suspect in Michelle Brown's murder was never charged and why that could be about to change.

http://video.news.com.au/v/112154/Po...murder-suspect

Twenty one year's is a long wait for her caring parents to wait for justice. Michelle's family needs closure on this and probably a lot of people in Frankston will give a sigh of relief when this stand over man is convicted and gaoled. It looks like his use by date has arrived. He is probably becoming an old man and hasnt got the influence over people he once had.

I also think the guy investigating this presently isn't the type to be influenced... I'm pretty shocked this dealer's been a suspect for so many years and hasn't been arrested yet. Go Ron!

And ugh, Denyer - the thought of him makes my skin crawl.

Every time I go to my daughter's I always think of Paul Denyer. And what he did to those young women for no reason. In Sky Rd at the entrance to the bike track where Natalie was murdered they have a monument to their memories and I can't but help see it as I drive past. I have two granddaughter going to the same school that Natalie went to and they have to pass by that monument . That is when things become so close to home. Personally I don't think he had anything to do with Michelle's death. Right from the get go the drug dealer was the suspect. And Paul Denyer once he started killing he didn't stop until he was caught.

I've never thought Denyer was responsible for Michelle's death, really, a lot of folks have said for years it was to do with drugs...(and the crime struck me as not Denyer's style). And the area around the back of that shop has the -worst- vibe, ever. Just, ugly. I hope they bulldoze the place, one day. And yeah - throw away the key, when they finally put this dealer guy away.

Her poor mum and dad (I hope her dad's okay) might get a bit of proper closure, though nothing much would atone for your child dying that way, I'd imagine.

(I can't think about Nat.. my own girl is the age she was, now.. it just makes me too sad)