Australia Australia - Michelle Brown, 25, Frankston, Vic, 1 Mar 1992

marlywings

Former Member
Reaction score
May 08, 2013

Ms Brown, 25, was discovered in a shed behind a Frankston gun shop two weeks after she disappeared on March 1,1992. She had called her mum to pick her up at Frankston train station, but was never seen again alive.

Reward: $50,000

824270-jeanette-brown-mother-of-murder-victim-michelle-brown.jpg

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/news/la...f-michelle-brown/story-fni0ffnk-1226637811922

Cops close in on cold-case killer of Michelle Brown

POLICE are confident they are close to an arrest over the decades old murder of Michelle Brown.

New evidence in recent months has strengthened the case against the notorious drug dealer and standover man who has been the prime suspect since soon after the killing.

The body of Ms Brown, 25, was discovered in a shed behind a Frankston gun shop two weeks after she disappeared in March 1992.

Victoria Police cold case squad head Ron Iddles recently had a team of five detective sergeants review all the evidence in the murder of Ms Brown.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/news/la...f-michelle-brown/story-fni0ffnk-1226637811922

So far I'm not finding too much further info about Michelle's murder although I did come across a wiki link which is about Victoria's serial killer Paul Denyer.

Similar connections to the murder of Michelle Brown have also been discussed. She was found naked, and her body was too decomposed to examine the injuries

Paul Denyer - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Twenty one year's is a long wait for her caring parents to wait for justice. Michelle's family needs closure on this and probably a lot of people in Frankston will give a sigh of relief when this stand over man is convicted and gaoled. It looks like his use by date has arrived. He is probably becoming an old man and hasnt got the influence over people he once had.

I also think the guy investigating this presently isn't the type to be influenced... I'm pretty shocked this dealer's been a suspect for so many years and hasn't been arrested yet. Go Ron!

And ugh, Denyer - the thought of him makes my skin crawl.

Every time I go to my daughter's I always think of Paul Denyer. And what he did to those young women for no reason. In Sky Rd at the entrance to the bike track where Natalie was murdered they have a monument to their memories and I can't but help see it as I drive past. I have two granddaughter going to the same school that Natalie went to and they have to pass by that monument . That is when things become so close to home. Personally I don't think he had anything to do with Michelle's death. Right from the get go the drug dealer was the suspect. And Paul Denyer once he started killing he didn't stop until he was caught.

I've never thought Denyer was responsible for Michelle's death, really, a lot of folks have said for years it was to do with drugs...(and the crime struck me as not Denyer's style). And the area around the back of that shop has the -worst- vibe, ever. Just, ugly. I hope they bulldoze the place, one day. And yeah - throw away the key, when they finally put this dealer guy away.

Her poor mum and dad (I hope her dad's okay) might get a bit of proper closure, though nothing much would atone for your child dying that way, I'd imagine.

(I can't think about Nat.. my own girl is the age she was, now.. it just makes me too sad)

It looked so hopeful way back in 2013 but 7 years on ..nothing.

It looked so hopeful way back in 2013 but 7 years on ..nothing.
Hey there, I am currently trying to bring more light to Michelle Browns case. It is not fair she has no life yet the killer walks free, if they are still alive that is. I have a small, but close connection to this case. Interested in discussing it , if you are.

Yes I also have a connectiontion. Went to school with both her parents B. And J.
I personally feel that the perpetrator succumbed to his own drug habit.

But, maybe there are some that have turned the corner and know what happened here. I hope it will be solved.

Cold case murder - Bayside News

POLICE are making a renewed appeal for information relating to the 1992 murder of Michelle Brown.

“Detectives are hopeful that over 28 years after Michelle’s death, someone will be able to provide information about who was responsible for her murder and why. The case is also currently being assessed in relation to a reward.”

I think the Police might be thinking that the person who did it may have passed away and that anyone who knows something and was afraid of that person, may speak up now that the fear of what that person might do to them is gone.

It would be great if this one could be solved. Alas, I feel that the perpetrator has gone to meet his maker. MOO

A $1 million reward is now on the table for any information that could help police solve the 1992 murder of Michele Brown in Melbourne.

The $1 million reward will be paid at the discretion of the Chief Commissioner of Police, for information that leads to the arrest and conviction of the killer or killers.
The Director of Public Prosecutions might also consider granting immunity from prosecution for anybody who provides information.
Anyone with information relating to Michele's murder is urged to contact Crime Stoppers on 1800 333 000 or submit a confidential report at www.crimestoppers.com.au

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vjeanine
Back