731 users online (150 members and 581 guests)  

Websleuths News

BetteDavisEyes is offline "Fasten your seatbelts. It's going to be a bumpy night."
    Metro Detroit

Drink While You Shop?

Shop under the influence at clothing store bars

Published: Friday, 6 Dec 2013 | 6:00 AM ET
    By: Kelli B. Grant | Personal Finance and Consumer Spending Reporter

Endless lines. Pushy crowds. Hearing "The Twelve Days of Christmas" for the umpteenth time in a matter of hours. Spend a little time shopping this holiday season, and odds are good you'll want a good stiff drink.

Not that you need to abandon your basket to grab one. More clothing retailers are branching out into the cocktail scene, offering customers the opportunity to pause mid-shopping trip for a drink and small plates of food.

Just hang a right at menswear and walk past women's shoes to the in-store bar...

That is GENIUS. That is the most genius marketing strategy I have ever heard of.

That is brilliant.
    I speak fluently in reaction gifs.

New England
    This is why flasks were invented, people!
    “Peace is not the product of terror or fear. Peace is not the silence of cemeteries. Peace is not the silent result of violent repression. Peace is the generous, tranquil contribution of all to the good of all." -Abp Oscar Romero

Dumpwater, Arkansas..LOL

Quote Originally Posted by gardenlady View Post
    this is why flasks were invented, people! :d
    "If at first you don't succeed, skydiving isn't for you!"

The above post is my opinion and my opinion only. Please do not copy and past to other forums. If I wanted to posted on other forums, I would do it myself. Your cooperation is greatly appreciated in this matter.

A woman's clothing store near us serves finger foods and wine during the Christmas season. makes shopping less nerve wrecking.

Georgia -- Redneck Country
    Some of the really high end shops like those on Rodeo Drive have been doing this for decades.

If customers get thirsty/hungry and they have to leave the store to get food or a drink then chances are they will go to another store afterwards. Feeding them and giving them drinks at the store means they refuel and keep shopping in the same place.