858 users online (127 members and 731 guests)  

Websleuths News

los2188 is offline North Carolina Tar Heels..your NCCA Champs!!

FL - Misti Whitfield, 35, Tampa, 2 May 2013

Misti Whitfield, 35, from Tampa, Fla. has been missing since May, 2013.

Misti Whitfield was last seen in Tampa arguing with a man that might have been her boyfriend on May 2, the Tampa Bay Times reports. Her parents said that Whitfield, who has a history of alcohol and drug abuse, has disappeared before but that she would always contact her family to tell them where she was. The Tampa police consider Whitfield a missing person, but the family's private investigator has said he believes the mother of 5 has been killed over money.
    Whitfield is 5' 7" and weighs approximately 140lbs. with reddish hair and hazel eyes.

Private Detective Brad Sparkman is offering a $25,000 reward.

Anyone with information should contact Tampa Police Department Det. Sarah Price, (813) 276-3200. The family also asks that readers share this information on their social-media accounts.

Facebook account - https://www.facebook.com/spent7777

http://cbsnews1.cbsistatic.com/hub/i...0e85d034f68f52

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/0...n_3392193.html
    Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.

"When from a long distant past nothing persists, after the people are dead, after things are broken and scattered, still alone, more persistent, more faithful, the smell and taste of things remain poised a long, long time like souls, ready to remind us, waiting, hoping for their moment amid the ruins of all the rest, and bear unfaltering in the tiny and almost impalpable drop of their essence the vast structure of recollection."

Misti Whitfield - 35, May 2, 2013

^ huff post says she is a mother of five.

How terribly burdensome that she's missing.
    JMO.

:bananalama:

Huh...

Wonder if the PI thinks she was killed over a drug deal gone wrong or something?

Interesting that he (and her family) seems firmly convinced she was not only killed but also the reason why...

I went to go try to find something more current and found this article. Even this is two years old, but I just thought it said SO much and was worth sharing (it really is worth going and reading beyond just these two snippets I'm including)

I hope that (if they're correct and Misti has been killed) she knew how much her mom and stepdad loved her. Reading this I think about some of the cases we've had - and some currently in progress - where we've seen so little from family members and friends, hardly even a mention of them in many cases.

With no clear direction but an overwhelming need to move forward, the Ardeleans have spent the past five months jumping at every lead. They’ve received hundreds of calls, texts or other messages with supposed information. They have driven by as detectives have dug into a back yard looking for Whitfield’s body. They have met random tipsters, who claim they know the location Whitfield’s body, at all hours of the night. Mel Ardelean is on a first-name basis with most of the prostitutes working Nebraska Avenue. He acquired a gun and a permit to carry it.
    And this - having just sold one business to start moving towards retirement and purchasing a long desired/saved for RV:

But, all those plans disappeared the day Whitfield did. The Ardeleans sold the RV to pay for the first private investigator and used their savings to pay for the second. Sharon Ardelean also owns and runs Cuzzins Bar, but she hasn’t been able to make it through a whole night of work since her daughter went missing. On good days, she can muster up enough courage to take herself to work. But, at some point, emotions overcome her, and Mel Ardelean will drive to the bar to pick her up.

Misti is now on the Charley Project - http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/...eld_misti.html

Quote Originally Posted by TravelingBug View Post
    Huh...

Wonder if the PI thinks she was killed over a drug deal gone wrong or something?

Interesting that he (and her family) seems firmly convinced she was not only killed but also the reason why...
    Since she has 5 children and was last seen arguing with her boyfriend, maybe she was insisting on child support. There are certainly cases of missing children and pregnant women that occur due to the father not wanting the financial responsibility for his children.

Quote Originally Posted by Nugget View Post
    ^ huff post says she is a mother of five.

How terribly burdensome that she's missing.
    The Huffington post article implies she only had custody of the youngest - the other 4 children had already been redistributed among family to raise because of her alcoholism before she vanished. But yes, very burdensome.

Vigil held for missing mother of five

http://tbo.com/news/breaking-news/vi...five-20140510/

By Dave Nicholson | Tribune Staff
    Published: May 10, 2014 |
    Updated: May 10, 2014 at 06:38 PM

PLANT CITY — Michele Hedegpeth said when she last saw her friend Misti Whitfield in early 2013, she was her usual self.

“She was a wonderful person. She was smart. She was funny,” Hedegpeth said.

Cindi Lou

Some people may consider me crazy, I say I'm just inspired.

Cindi Lou

Some people may consider me crazy, I say I'm just inspired.

So sad. Prayers and condolences to her family.
    In case the rambling text doesnt give it away... all posts are my opinion only and only for use on WebSleuths!