1071 users online (145 members and 926 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 2 of 66 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 52 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by SMK View Post
    I guess I've watched too many true crime things , as I would be ultra paranoid that the pics could still be recovered. I would want to dispose of the camera or smash it into thousands of pieces and throw them in a lake.
    Except in the moment of a murder who knows how things play out in the minds of the criminal. Even a pre planned crime, not everything cannot be thought of. IMO they think they've thought of everything but that's impossible.

Quote Originally Posted by SMK View Post
    Another question and loose end (although maybe this was covered) is if AK and RS knew Sollecito's footprint was on the bathmat, (for those who think it is his print and not Guede's) why not clean it off with water or throw away the bathmat or launder it in the washing machine? Why show it to the Postal Police? (or was the theory that the PP surprised them and they had no time to get rid of it?) Because re this whole subject of clean ups, usually criminals make the place TOO spotless ( I've seen a few true cases on tv where the police became suspicious because the home or basement or garage were immaculate and sparkling clean, as if there had been a clean-up). All just grist for the mill while I await others to begin posting about their own different issues.....
    Yes, leaving the mat with an identifiable bloody footprint (when we know she saw it when using the bathroom for her shower) makes zero sense if you're culpable and know the police are coming.

Quote Originally Posted by geevee View Post
    Yes, leaving the mat with an identifiable bloody footprint (when we know she saw it when using the bathroom for her shower) makes zero sense if you're culpable and know the police are coming.
    I agree except she never describes it as a "footprint" so Imo they didn't think it would be identified.

She also claims to use this bloody bathmat to scoot to her room. Which is completely unbelievable!

Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - Amanda Knox tried for the murder of Meredith Kercher in Italy *NEW TRIAL*#7

I'm trying to bring this quote over here, but I don't think I can? Anyway, I'm responding to a few posts from last thread, so I'll just posts the links.

I didn't say I believed Rudy or his story. That's why I want him to demonstrate climbing the wall!
    I think the point was that, legally, of course that's not possible.
    I still think they should have gotten him to do it himself, instead of hiring the climber guy or some lawyer trying it.
    IMO, the "video" is totally useless, b/c they would have to find someone with Rudy's exact height, muscular structure, build, strength, etc., etc..
    As we see from the video, the climber guy looks to be much less physical/muscular than Rudy and so, while I still don't think it's possible for Rudy to climb it especially if he was on drugs, I can't tell either way with this video because it's useless. The guy is completely different build and height than Rudy. And he is a climber, but when he is trying to get up on the sill, you can tell his arms are not that muscular.
    So my point was....it makes a lot more sense to just have Rudy demonstrate it himself, to show if it's possible or not! LOL...makes complete sense to me!
    I still don't think Rudy did it based on other things as well, such as glass undisturbed on Windowsill, there would have been evidence of him climbing through the window, IMO.
    But still, I don't know about the wall, it does not seem likely to me, but I don't know and I don't know what his physical strength was like, etc..
    Last edited by KateB; 05-24-2015 at 09:05 AM. Reason: repair url tag.
    Now my philosophy is that it's never okay to kill someone. -- Convicted Murderer Jodi Arias

Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - Amanda Knox tried for the murder of Meredith Kercher in Italy *NEW TRIAL*#7

Katody, in the pics you posted, one can see that he is literally holding on to the windowsill by his fingers. Technically, that means he has to pull up his ENTIRE BODYWEIGHT just by his fingers. Not possible, at least with this guy.

I don't know what it would be like with a taller guy with more strength.

That's why this whole video is completely useless. It does not show us anything either way.
    Last edited by KateB; 05-24-2015 at 09:05 AM. Reason: repair url tag.
    Now my philosophy is that it's never okay to kill someone. -- Convicted Murderer Jodi Arias

No, why would a shower from another day work? It had to be after the murder had occurred, since she wanted to cover for any evidence of her they found from the murder.
    Last edited by KateB; 05-24-2015 at 09:06 AM. Reason: repair url tag.

Quote Originally Posted by aa9511 View Post

No, why would a shower from another day work? It had to be after the murder had occurred, since she wanted to cover for any evidence of her they found from the murder.
    ITA they needed to cover the evidence that knew would be found. If she hadn't blow dried her hair for example, how would she discover the toilet?

I'm trying to bring this quote over here, but I don't think I can? Anyway, I'm responding to a few posts from last thread, so I'll just posts the links.

I didn't say I believed Rudy or his story. That's why I want him to demonstrate climbing the wall!
    I think the point was that, legally, of course that's not possible.
    I still think they should have gotten him to do it himself, instead of hiring the climber guy or some lawyer trying it.
    IMO, the "video" is totally useless, b/c they would have to find someone with Rudy's exact height, muscular structure, build, strength, etc., etc..
    As we see from the video, the climber guy looks to be much less physical/muscular than Rudy and so, while I still don't think it's possible for Rudy to climb it especially if he was on drugs, I can't tell either way with this video because it's useless. The guy is completely different build and height than Rudy. And he is a climber, but when he is trying to get up on the sill, you can tell his arms are not that muscular.
    So my point was....it makes a lot more sense to just have Rudy demonstrate it himself, to show if it's possible or not! LOL...makes complete sense to me!
    I still don't think Rudy did it based on other things as well, such as glass undisturbed on Windowsill, there would have been evidence of him climbing through the window, IMO.
    But still, I don't know about the wall, it does not seem likely to me, but I don't know and I don't know what his physical strength was like, etc..
    I don't think that experiment would be valid as RG would have reason to make it appear he couldn't do it.

Katody, in the pics you posted, one can see that he is literally holding on to the windowsill by his fingers. Technically, that means he has to pull up his ENTIRE BODYWEIGHT just by his fingers. Not possible, at least with this guy.

I don't know what it would be like with a taller guy with more strength.

That's why this whole video is completely useless. It does not show us anything either way.
    As for the bbm part:
    The Perugian doctor who does the climb has a foothold on the lower window all the time:

Also, obviously his hands are on top of the windowsill when he hoists himself up:

I'm not sure I understand what do you mean by saying that what the video shows is impossible when it's clearly demonstrated to be possible, even easy.

Let's assume it is impossible, for the sake of discussion: does it mean you also think the guy demonstrating the climb is suspended by invisible wires or supported by some hidden platform, like Otto suggested?

Quote Originally Posted by Amber29 View Post
    ITA they needed to cover the evidence that knew would be found. If she hadn't blow dried her hair for example, how would she discover the toilet?
    Why would she need to discover it?

I agree except she never describes it as a "footprint" so Imo they didn't think it would be identified.

She also claims to use this bloody bathmat to scoot to her room. Which is completely unbelievable!
    It's completely unbelievable she would make such claim if guilty.

As innocent it's totally plausible. When you have no towel you either slide on a bathmat looking for one or leave pools of water all over the floor.

Quote Originally Posted by Katody View Post
    Why would she need to discover it?
    Why would she not flush it?

Not only do I not believe she dried her hair that day. I don't believe it works for the discovery. The blow dryer was in the laundry area along with brushes and a mirror. The toilet was farthest from this area in the bathroom next to the tub. So IMO she technically had no reason to be in that bathroom.

It's completely unbelievable she would make such claim if guilty.

As innocent it's totally plausible. When you have no towel you either slide on a bathmat looking for one or leave pools of water all over the floor.
    As innocent it's unbelievable! She could've cleaned up the drips of water she would've left running to her room. Instead she "scooted on a bloody bathmat" that she claims she thought was menstrual blood. That's supposed to be believable?

As for the bbm part:
    The Perugian doctor who does the climb has a foothold on the lower window all the time:

Also, obviously his hands are on top of the windowsill when he hoists himself up:

I'm not sure I understand what do you mean by saying that what the video shows is impossible when it's clearly demonstrated to be possible, even easy.

Let's assume it is impossible, for the sake of discussion: does it mean you also think the guy demonstrating the climb is suspended by invisible wires or supported by some hidden platform, like Otto suggested?
    What happens in that video right past the 1:46 mark you posted?

Does he lower himself back down before the camera moves to the lawyers?

How many times can it be claimed the video shows him make it up without the bars?

That is simply not true.

Why would she not flush it?

Not only do I not believe she dried her hair that day. I don't believe it works for the discovery. The blow dryer was in the laundry area along with brushes and a mirror. The toilet was farthest from this area in the bathroom next to the tub. So IMO she technically had no reason to be in that bathroom.
    I see nothing strange in not flushing it. It's in fact plausible psychologically for few reasons.

I think her story is completely believable.

However it doesn't make sense logically to tell a story like this in the guilt scenario.
    It doesn't make any sense to leave obvious blood traces and even point them to the police.
    It doesn't even make sense to break the window when it was sufficient to leave the door open and go for a trip leaving discovery to others.

Page 2 of 66 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 52 ... LastLast