1041 users online (173 members and 868 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 3 of 66 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 53 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Amber29 View Post
    As innocent it's unbelievable! She could've cleaned up the drips of water she would've left running to her room. Instead she "scooted on a bloody bathmat" that she claims she thought was menstrual blood. That's supposed to be believable?
    That's your opinion. If you see it as suspicious it's even harder to explain why would she tell such a story, casting even more suspicion on herself instead of not mentioning it.

This info had escaped me

I had suspected this but didn't know it was fact:

From Nadeau; Angel Face: The True Story of Student Killer Amanda Knox p 89:

Although he steadfastly denied murdering Meredith, by the time he got to court he had admitted being in the house, no doubt because the evidence was now irrefutable. . . . Rudy changed his story three times. [from first 'some Italian guy' to assailants who beat him up, to seeing Raffaele and hearing Amanda's voice and seeing her silhouette] . His reward for placing them both at the scene would be a substantial reduction in his sentence.
    And it does bring to mind also Jodie Arias as lone wolf, also claiming assailants beat her up.

Quote Originally Posted by Katody View Post
    I see nothing strange in not flushing it. It's in fact plausible psychologically for few reasons.

I think her story is completely believable.

However it doesn't make sense logically to tell a story like this in the guilt scenario.
    It doesn't make any sense to leave obvious blood traces and even point them to the police.
    It doesn't even make sense to break the window when it was sufficient to leave the door open and go for a trip leaving discovery to others.
    Makes perfect sense to me. There had to something that causes them to raise the alarm. She attempted to cover her tracks on the blood in the bathroom. She talked about her ears possibly bleeding, how she scratched the blood in the sink, and how Meredith was possibly having menstrual issues.

Question

Makes perfect sense to me. There had to something that causes them to raise the alarm. She attempted to cover her tracks on the blood in the bathroom. She talked about her ears possibly bleeding, how she scratched the blood in the sink, and how Meredith was possibly having menstrual issues.
    I understand these, but in your opinion, why not have Filomena return home and raise the alarm? She would then be the one to discover the scene, and thus be initially at least somewhat suspect. Someone was going to find that crime scene either that day, or the next. (just trying to tie up any loose ends)

It's completely unbelievable she would make such claim if guilty.

As innocent it's totally plausible. When you have no towel you either slide on a bathmat looking for one or leave pools of water all over the floor.
    And this is in your opinion.

They didn't as far as I know.

The elements of staging brought up in the courtroom were:
    1. The supposed glass on top of clothes indicating the window was broken after the clothes were thrown on the floor.

However there is no photo documentation confirming it. If anything, the photos confirm the exact opposite. The testimony about it is contradictory (see Hellmann's report).

2. The supposed lack of glass under the window, indicating breaking the window from the inside.

This element is not confirmed either by any documentation. There's even no testimony that a search was conducted. The actual evidence indicates the opposite - the window was broken from the outside, as evidenced by the glass distribution, marks of impact damage and the reconstruction performed by an expert.

3. Supposed lack of signs of climbing (marks on the wall, bent nail).

It's not clear what signs are expected. The reconstructions we've seen prove climbing leaves no obvious marks on the wall.The lawyer that did a climb presented on video in court used the nail in the wall as support and it didn't bend.
    I think it is most unfortunate that PLE did not document all with photos, video, and conduct a paneled investigation and analysis to be written up as a formal investigative report. And this includes the other reported signs of staging as well: The tossed clothes, the 'wrong' drawers opened, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by SMK View Post
    I understand these, but in your opinion, why not have Filomena return home and raise the alarm? She would then be the one to discover the scene, and thus be initially at least somewhat suspect. Someone was going to find that crime scene either that day, or the next. (just trying to tie up any loose ends)
    IMO had they wanted to do that, they could have followed through with their plans to Guibbio.

I've already said IMO I think they wanted to be around for the discovery, just not alone. They gave Filomena plenty of time to get home before they finally called 112. Not knowing the postal police were arriving any minute.

Why did they panic enough to try to break Meredith's door one minute and the next it was nothing to worry about? In your opinion?

What happens in that video right past the 1:46 mark you posted?

Does he lower himself back down before the camera moves to the lawyers?

How many times can it be claimed the video shows him make it up without the bars?

That is simply not true.
    Here's the video again.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8JL6nIkaYLs

Here's the guy again:

You're not seriously saying he wouldn't be able to go into the window from that position if not for the bars that block the way?

Do you think the guy who's doing the demonstration is lying when he says it's easy to do without the bars? Why would he lie about it?
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by KateB; 05-24-2015 at 09:06 AM. Reason: repair url tag.

And this is in your opinion.
    I can understand you see it as suspicious but why would she tell such a story, casting even more suspicion on herself instead of not mentioning it?

As innocent it's unbelievable! She could've cleaned up the drips of water she would've left running to her room. Instead she "scooted on a bloody bathmat" that she claims she thought was menstrual blood. That's supposed to be believable?
    If you don't know a murder has taken place, in a cottage full of women, where else do you think she reasonably thought the blood came from? I think her thinking was totally believable.

The ministrations the prosecution has gone through to put AK and RS in the murder scene is what isn't believable.

Why would they need something to raise alarm? Why raise alarm at all?

Why cover the traces in the bathroom with stories while pointing the traces to the police instead of simply cleaning them? This one is really baffling to me.

That's your opinion. If you see it as suspicious it's even harder to explain why would she tell such a story, casting even more suspicion on herself instead of not mentioning it.
    I've already answered this. I don't think anyone can plan the perfect murder, nor can they determine how all the evidence will be interpreted. I think they do the best they can think to do without being able to know what it will be like from someone elses perspective.

Why would they need something to raise alarm? Why raise alarm at all?

Why cover the traces in the bathroom with stories while pointing the traces to the police instead of simply cleaning them? This one is really baffling to me.
    I've answered all this repeatedly on this page.

Can I just say asking the same questions or rewording them isn't changing my mind. Going in circles and saying my answers don't make sense to you gets the discussion nowhere.

For the record I feel the same way about things you feel are "normal"

This is all IMO.

IMO had they wanted to do that, they could have followed through with their plans to Guibbio.

I've already said IMO I think they wanted to be around for the discovery, just not alone. They gave Filomena plenty of time to get home before they finally called 112. Not knowing the postal police were arriving any minute.

Why did they panic enough to try to break Meredith's door one minute and the next it was nothing to worry about? In your opinion?
    OK - sorry; I am only human, I forgot you had said that.

And I myself had already said ( ) that I indeed did find it suspect, that Knox seemed to do an "about-face" on the door issue.

Quote Originally Posted by geevee View Post
    If you don't know a murder has taken place, in a cottage full of women, where else do you think she reasonably thought the blood came from? I think her thinking was totally believable.

The ministrations the prosecution has gone through to put AK and RS in the murder scene is what isn't believable.
    Personally I think the whole cottage is the crime scene, not limited to Meredith's room. I can't explain everything, all I can do is give my thoughts on how I reached my opinion.

It's not her thinking its period blood that makes me suspicious. It's using a mat you think has period blood all over it to wipe your feet and scoot to your room I find unbelievable.

Page 3 of 66 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 53 ... LastLast