653 users online (83 members and 570 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 66 of 66 FirstFirst ... 16 56 64 65 66
    Quote Originally Posted by otto View Post
    That's right. 46 days after the murder, the evidence collection/luminol team collected evidence at the cottage in Perugia as part of the Meredith Kercher Murder Investigation. It takes about 30 seconds to search "optimal luminol six weeks" on the net ... didn't think a link was necessary.

I would like to point out that any authentic video of the crime scene, dated November 2, 2007 was released illegally by Sollecito's family. The release of that footage by the Sollecito family horrified Meredith's family. I do hope that the original footage released by the suspect in violation of the law is not being posted here. It seems to me that it would be such an insult to the victim.

"Relatives of Meredith Kercher, the British student murdered in Perugia in November, were said to be shocked and distressed last night after images of her bloodied corpse were broadcast on Italian television.

The footage, shown in news bulletins by RAI, the Italian state broadcaster, showed police forensic scientists examining Ms Kercher’s bedroom and collecting evidence, including her underwear and bloodstained bra, as her body lay nearby beneath a duvet with one foot sticking out."

http://www.thetimes.co.uk/tto/news/w...cle2596828.ece

"Eight “notices of termination of the investigations” have been reported by the public prosecutor of Perugia… Four Sollecito family members, the TV journalist on Telenorba and the director of the station, are accused of the crimes of defamation, invasion of privacy, publication of documents during the investigation, and publication of gruesome acts….

According to the reconstruction, the Sollecito family members delivered to Telenorba the video and photos of the crime scene survey carried out by the forensic team on November 2 of 2007 in Meredith’s house. Telenorba then put the material on the air.

Other investigations are on-going."

http://www.lanazione.it//perugia/200...elenorba.shtml
    The crime scene video comes from the FOA website and has been available for years. Barbie Nadeau said the cops were handing out crime scene photos like they were business cards to any journalist who wanted them.

Quote Originally Posted by DerKritiker2011 View Post
    Maybe? Or not?

I think hickeys can be differ. They are dependend on the length of suck, the size of the affected area, the location and so on. In this case it MUST be determined by an expert not by a ordinary person.
    bbm

I'm sorry, I know you didn't mean that in a funny way, but just reading that part made me laugh!

Okay, but seriously, what kind of expert would this be?? There is no such thing as a hickey expert!!
    Now my philosophy is that it's never okay to kill someone. -- Convicted Murderer Jodi Arias

Quote Originally Posted by Katody View Post
    You mean when they coerced and manipulated her into signing a false statement.
    Coerced and manipulated her into letting someone else take the heat for her....coerced and manipulated her doing something to benefit herself........
    Now my philosophy is that it's never okay to kill someone. -- Convicted Murderer Jodi Arias

Quote Originally Posted by SMK View Post
    Just a side note:
    On Amanda's blog, she now has a page with all of the characters involved in this trial, some pics, some quotes and dates, for reference:

http://www.amandaknox.com/the-meredi...-murder/names/
    No, no, no, SMK! Remember?? Amanda doesn't even know the relevant phone records from her case! Why would we go to her site for information, when she doesn't have any information herself??

Quote Originally Posted by SMK View Post
    This kind of thing also is perplexing; I assume Crini means the original Meredith DNA on the knife still holds, while the defense have called it invalid.

Which side is in keeping with international or national standards of evidence? They can't both be right.
    One wants to be able to know whether Knox is "conclusively linked to the murder" (and hence, deserving of being held accountable) or not (and perhaps is being sold down the river). It infuriates me that I have no expertise and thus have to just believe what is told me.

http://www.theweek.co.uk/europe/aman...#ixzz2nVEKECu3
    SMK, we have seen in every case we follow in the US, the defense says one thing and the prosecution says something completely opposite. It happens all the time, sometimes I sit there and listen to a defense, and I"m like "oh wow, this is big, wow, how can this be??" And then the prosecution will get up and I'm like, "ohhhh." Or vice versa, prosecution says something outrageous, and defense brings it back to reality. It does seem like, in a lot of cases, like they're trying to mess with the minds of the jurors, I don't know how right that is, but whatever, I am in no position to judge.

So I just try to keep that in mind always. That it's the defense's job to do whatever (legally) possible for their client, and the prosecution's job to do whatever (legally) possible to get a conviction. It can't be that they're both right, one is right and one is wrong. But they are both pulling as hard as they can.

I try to keep in mind that by necessity, one side is wrong, in this case and in all cases. So it does nobody any good to just "believe" whatever one side says hook, line, and sinker. That's the whole point of the trial, to see the evidence for oneself, and decide on your own.

Quote Originally Posted by Amber29 View Post
    So much evidence against RG was collected that day including Meredith's purse and blue sweatshirt. Iirc the pillow was collected that day as well. Lots of key pieces came from the Dec 18th visit.

Strange to me that nothing else was considered contaminated. Especially when you point out that RSs DNA wasn't found on anything else from that day. Weird how they could place RSs DNA on that exact spot on the clasp that was cut from Meredith's bra.
    Oh, didn't you know that someone in the lab had held a cotton swab with Raffaele's DNA, which they had swabbed on it earlier, and then when the clasp got to the lab, the technician quickly rubbed the swab on the clasp, and VOILA! Raffaele's DNA is now on there. They had a big champagne party at the lab that day. Operation "Get 'Em" was making progress.

Just kidding

Quote Originally Posted by aa9511 View Post
    Coerced and manipulated her into letting someone else take the heat for her....coerced and manipulated her doing something to benefit herself........
    How did it benefit her? She got taken to prison the next day.

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelSmith View Post
    The crime scene video comes from the FOA website and has been available for years. Barbie Nadeau said the cops were handing out crime scene photos like they were business cards to any journalist who wanted them.
    No the one Otto is referring to is footage from Nov. 2nd, shown in news bulletins by RAI, the Italian broadcaster. It was posted here a while back and quickly removed.

I personally knew two young girls, a 7 year old and a 15 year old, who were homicide victims so I try my best to be mindful and respectful of victims and their families. However, we are a crime sleuthing site so we ask that graphic crime scene photos be uploaded in thumbnail attachments so that they won't be splayed all over the pages.

Any questionable videos or photos should be alerted.

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelSmith View Post
    How did it benefit her? She got taken to prison the next day.
    Ah, Amanda did not have brain-DVR, to where she could whooosh....fast forward to the future.

At any moment, a person is in that moment.

Quote Originally Posted by aa9511 View Post
    bbm

I'm sorry, I know you didn't mean that in a funny way, but just reading that part made me laugh!

Okay, but seriously, what kind of expert would this be?? There is no such thing as a hickey expert!!
    A medical examiner would definitely know the difference - it's their job. Laura is not an expert, med. examiner's are. She had a hickey.

here: Department of Forensic Medicine, University of Dundee

Elliptical bruises, up to 1" long and up to 3/4" broad on the sides of the neck or the breasts, suggests "love-bites" produced by mouth suction. (A "hickey" in American slang). A double crescent of bruises with or without abrasions, suggests a bite mark and is most commonly associated with sexual assault or child abuse.

An abrasion is "a portion of body surface from which the skin or mucous membrane has been removed by rubbing" (from the Latin ab, from, and radere, to scrape). Graze is synonymous with abrasion (the etymology of graze is dubious). A scratch is a linear abrasion produced by
    drawing a sharp point over the surface.

http://webcache.googleusercontent.co...&hl=en&ct=clnk

Last edited by KateB; 06-11-2015 at 10:47 PM. Reason: repair url tag.

Page 66 of 66 FirstFirst ... 16 56 64 65 66